Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would you accept a pay cut in your job?

I have had to take a 10% pay cut due to the current climate. Surely this applies to football just as much as most other industries at the moment, probably even more so. And that is before we even move onto the fact that you got relegated.

Glen Johnson reportedly on £100,000 a week, wages in Premier League are shooting up despite everything.

Guest Stephen927

Difference between a footballer and most the people on this forum is we don't earn in a year what a footballer can make in a week.

If I was being paid £10 an hour, and was asked to take a wage cut and be paid £7 an hour, of course I would say no. The difference for a footballer between £50k and £30k is minimum, I'm sure I could learn to survive on that per week. But thats the nature of football these days, things are distorted so much that nobody cares about the football and the clubs, they just look after their own interests and their own pay packets.

Huge difference between what a Premiership footballer earns, and what your average Joe earns and you know that.

Not to mention that a paycut for me would mean I would struggle to pay the rent and put food on the table, whereas a paycut for a footballer would mean they'd have to settle for a Mercedes instead of a Lamborghini. That's perspective.

I have had to take a 10% pay cut due to the current climate. Surely this applies to football just as much as most other industries at the moment, probably even more so. And that is before we even move onto the fact that you got relegated.

Despite of the current climate I've just had a 20% raise. Nice! :)

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Hi, it's me again, Alan SHearer. I'm not manager of Newcastle right now, but I might be in the future.

Was that as a result of your goal and performance last night?

Was that as a result of your goal and performance last night?

:) Nah, not really. Not that much of a football player me. Not anymore anyways.

Hi, it's me again, Alan SHearer. I'm not manager of Newcastle right now, but I might be in the future.

You're not alanshearer, you fraud, your username is wrong.

Latest Member:  BigAl

Uh-oh.

Are you the Andy?

O'Brien?

Are you the Andy?

No, hence the capital letter. If I was the Andy I would have called myself andy.

Ok, I am not Habib Beye - but one of my best friends is.

Which one?

:mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

Sorry made me laugh that.

Okay then Habibs nate, send him a text and ask him what he said his fav christnas song was in his NUFCTV interview, its not we think your lying, we just need proof

:D

Guest habibbeye

I will ask him when he is back next week.

Remember the lost passport story though - you heard it hear first.

I will ask him when he is back next week.

Remember the lost passport story though - you heard it hear first.

Am just messing with you mate... I guess you can see why people are sceptical though?

Well Mr Beye you are indeed in the know over Habib :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/06/29/habib-beye-in-race-to-return-for-united-training-72703-24011275/

Habib Beye in race to return for United training

Jun 29 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United defender Habib Beye is facing a race against time to be back for the start of pre-season training on Wednesday after finding himself stranded in the Caribbean.

The Senegal international was supposed to come back from the sun-soaked island of St Barts on Thursday evening in order to give himself plenty of breathing space ahead of United’s July 1 return date.

Beye arrived in St Barts almost a fortnight ago after spending some time in Miami with close pals Djibril Cissé, who has since signed for Greek giants Panathinaikos, and Arsenal ace Samir Nasri.

However, shortly after arriving in the Caribbean the 31-year-old lost his passport during the holiday with his wife, and was unable to board a flight to Paris.

Instead, Beye faced the long, drawn-out process of sitting down with the laid back St Barts authorities and the local police in order to plot his return across the Atlantic.

Beye was finally handed a letter from the police to enable him to make the trip back in the early hours of this morning and was expected in Paris today.

Yet he now faces a clamber to get his training gear together and make a flight into Newcastle in time for tomorrow night before the first day of training on Wednesday.

A source close to Beye told the Chronicle: “Habib is obviously anxious to be back in time for training on the first day.

“There is nothing suspicious about it, he simply misplaced his passport.

“He’s had to get a letter from the police in St Barts to allow him back into France and after that he will go through the usual procedure of getting a new passport to allow him to travel normally again.

“Obviously the anxiety of the situation has been tough on Habib and he will also have to shake off the jetlag from flying across the pond.

“It might take him a while to get back up to speed but he’s the ultimate professional and wouldn’t dream of letting anybody at Newcastle down.”

Beye, who has been targeted by Sunderland, Everton and West Ham this summer, is hoping to resolve his contract situation.

Meanwhile United’s football secretary Lee Charnley was back in London today as the painful process of selling the Magpies dragged on.

Mike Ashley’s PR executives today stated to the Chronicle that there was no further progress over the weekend despite talk in the Sunday Press that a deal was getting closer.

:: FORMER United star Temuri Ketsbaia was preparing a cheeky bid to sign Michael Owen on a lucrative contract for Olympiakos in Greece.

Yet the horse-loving, out of favour England international has stated he prefers a move to a Premier League side.

He's better than Sunderland; if he leaves i hope it is to Everton/Villa or above, nothing below.

Hello Mr Beye. As a supporter of Aston Villa, I'd quite like to see you play for us, but feel duty bound to point out that you'd probably get played at left back most of the season, plus any other random position Martin decides to throw you in at.

Beye's going to leave IMO. There's no point pretending we have anything to offer for the forseeable future.

We'll be no closer to a resolution and a club offering top level football and a contract up to retirement will come in - he'll want to go and that will be it.

Beye's going to leave IMO. There's no point pretending we have anything to offer for the forseeable future.

We'll be no closer to a resolution and a club offering top level football and a contract up to retirement will come in - he'll want to go and that will be it.

Oh Dave man don't, loseing a player like him is the last thing this club needs, not just his ability as a player but his leadership and his professionalism are a must to have here too.

I just hope he is willing to give it enough time to see a conclusion to all of this, I think he can be sure enough to think any new owner will be ready to offer him a new deal its just going to take time.

Can't blame him for leaving by the start of the new season if we haven't sorted our house out, just hope he can give us that long.

If he moves he needs to think hard about where to, not just taking the first shitty offer and going for a low/mid prem club or to a second rate league, because there really is no point in a years time if were back in the prem. At least if he stayed here he'd be captain and become a well remembered well thought of player who stuck by us when the times were at their worst, whereas he'd be a good player in a mid team for a year or so.

I'd rather be captain of a club like Newcastle than a squad player in a team like Wigan, even if were currently in different divisions, and I have a sneaky suspicion he'd feel the same, if not fair enough, we'll just have to get on with it and replace him. :(