when 1st january comes

Guest LucasUnger

Guest LucasUnger

No way will you see a 15-16 player turnover in one month mate. :lol:

Edgar out on loan is possible, Ameobi on loan or permanently as well, a playmaker in.

No look at the thread title, he expects it all to be done in one day!

I'd say we'd be daft if we didn't have two signings completed before the window even opens.

Carr might leave in the window, but i really cannot see anyone else going anywhere permanently, not until the summer.

haha... funny lad.

Guest LucasUnger

anelka arshavin

owen ameobi out!

that would be some strike force

smith, viduka, martins, anelka, ashavin

get those 2 for about 15 mil

we could play a 3-3-4 system ;)

Just hope that if Owen goes that we get a replacement in first otherwise we will be in a mess.  Oba will be at ACN, Shola will not have played for ages and Viduka will probably still not be match fit - so that would just leave Smith.  We would be in the same situation as in previous years, where everyone knows we are desperate and so ask for silly money.  And we have some toudh games in January.

No one will want Owen anyway, at least no one that he would go to anyway, if a striker leave it will be Shola but I doubt him going would make us go after a big name striker, who would come when we would still have Owen, Viduka, Martins and Smith. More of a chance of us recalling Carroll to replace Shola.

We need to get rid of Baba and get another LB in, same with Carr too.

I think Emre will go and we will look at a maybe someone like Gilberto.

No one will want Owen anyway, at least no one that he would go to anyway, if a striker leave it will be Shola but I doubt him going would make us go after a big name striker, who would come when we would still have Owen, Viduka, Martins and Smith. More of a chance of us recalling Carroll to replace Shola.

We need to get rid of Baba and get another LB in, same with Carr too.

I think Emre will go and we will look at a maybe someone like Gilberto.

Man City would be daft enough to take Owen IMO

Honestly can't see anyone snapping Owen up. Can't see us selling him (or Shola for that matter) in January anyway, what with Martins going to Africa.

I reckon we'll loan a couple out and get that Arshavin fella in. I'd be happy with that in January anyway, leave the proper stuff for the summer. You get tricked into stupid amounts for no-good players in Jan.

EDIT: Emre might go.

Honestly can't see anyone snapping Owen up. Can't see us selling him (or Shola for that matter) in January anyway, what with Martins going to Africa.

I reckon we'll loan a couple out and get that Arshavin fella in. I'd be happy with that in January anyway, leave the proper stuff for the summer. You get tricked into stupid amounts for no-good players in Jan.

EDIT: Emre might go.

We'd be stupid to sell him in January tbh. Keep him until the Summer and if we wish to sell/he wishes to leave then wait until after Euro2008 where his price will probably double!

According to Norwegian TV2, Newcastle offered 23 year old Norway goalkeeper Rune Allmenning Jarstein a trial, which he turned down. So it's possible we're looking for a new keeper.

What a smug fucker. That's only because Arsenal were "interested" in him...

Actually, it was because it's his hollyday. Besides, he's obviously not getting first team football if they only offer him a trial. So he'll want to stay in Norway, probably playing for a different club, instead of having his career ruined by working as a bench warmer.

Owen's value is going to decrease rapidly the closer his contract comes to expiring. The difference between January and next summer might be 2/3 million, plus you can always flog players for extra in the January window.

Get Diaby!!

He is just what we need in midfield. He's the next Vieira, got ballwinning skills, and knows how to handle the ball. He's big and physical as well. GET IN!!