Newcastle United 2 - 1 Birmingham - 08/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

JH

If we keep the pressure up they will surely crumble.

Two very Owen snaffling type chances there...

SA making a change after 30min..Good to see.

Agreed. In the past when teams have come and sat behind the ball on a 1 goal lead managers have waited till too late in the game and barely forced the issue. Big Sam's just thought "fuck it" and is basically playing 4-2-4. Fair play.

What's the problem with Rozehnal btw?  The match is on tape delay over here so I haven't seen the mistake, but he seems to have difficulty with the easy stuff. 

Had a poor feed but caught the replay; the ball seemed to come over him i think, or something. But anyway, gist of it was, there was a chase on between him and Jerome on goal, Rozehnal was absolutely nowhere and put in a pathetic tackle attempt. Jerome just rounded Given and finished easily.

Was fairly similar to Caçapa/Benjani-gate.

What's the problem with Rozehnal btw?  The match is on tape delay over here so I haven't seen the mistake, but he seems to have difficulty with the easy stuff. 

Had a poor feed but caught the replay; the ball seemed to come over him i think, or something. But anyway, gist of it was, there was a chase on between him and Jerome on goal, Rozehnal was absolutely nowhere and put in a pathetic tackle attempt. Jerome just rounded Given and finished easily.

Was fairly similar to Caçapa/Benjani-gate.

It must just be a case of foreign defenders adapting to the league, but it is still baffling how top class, award winning defenders come to this club and make basic errors.