Ben Haim

Mr. Snrub

Guest Synthespian

I think perhaps Mourinho encountered a situation where if he wanted some decent players he was having to pay 20 million just because it was chelsea bidding. So he had to turn to the likes of Sidwell, Pizarro, Ben Haim to fill out the squad.

Agreed.

After paying 30m for Schevchenko - the world's biggest waste of money!  :crazy2: - it was always going to be a case of people putting up silly prices.

I respect Mourhino for not buying at that price, but to be fair Kenyon wasn't releasing funds that summer, so he had to find the free transfers.

Most Prem teams would have been happy with those three - and if they got them playing regularly, they'd have more of an impact.

Ben Haim shoudl not need time to settle into the premiership.

Seems to me like he was a big fish in a small pond, and now he's way out of his league.

Good enough for us? We are unarguably a medium-sized club with aspirations of the top 6, so maybe he would be ok. We've carried (and are carrying) worse defenders, certainly.

Mind, Fat Sam would probably put him on the right wing or something.

I love how you go out of your way to make negative opinions of everything regarding our club. I very much doubt any of these are your opinions, in fact i know they are not because i seem to remember you giving some very good (accurate) comments about the club 3 years ago when i joined this forum.

If these are your opinions then fine but seriously i'd like to see the other opinions return because they were much better and a far more enjoyable read.

I think perhaps Mourinho encountered a situation where if he wanted some decent players he was having to pay 20 million just because it was chelsea bidding. So he had to turn to the likes of Sidwell, Pizarro, Ben Haim to fill out the squad.

Agreed.

After paying 30m for Schevchenko - the world's biggest waste of money!  :crazy2: - it was always going to be a case of people putting up silly prices.

I respect Mourhino for not buying at that price, but to be fair Kenyon wasn't releasing funds that summer, so he had to find the free transfers.

Most Prem teams would have been happy with those three - and if they got them playing regularly, they'd have more of an impact.

In all fairness they are 3 good squad fillers too. I've actually been impressed by Sidwell so far and he was the last one i expected to see in the first team.

Heh heh...Hope we get some nice "squad fillers" for christmas, suppose it's the equivalent of some walnuts, an orange and a couple of chocolate mints as our "stocking fillers".

Low quality but always well received....

Ben Haim shoudl not need time to settle into the premiership.

Seems to me like he was a big fish in a small pond, and now he's way out of his league.

Good enough for us? We are unarguably a medium-sized club with aspirations of the top 6, so maybe he would be ok. We've carried (and are carrying) worse defenders, certainly.

Mind, Fat Sam would probably put him on the right wing or something.

I love how you go out of your way to make negative opinions of everything regarding our club. I very much doubt any of these are your opinions, in fact i know they are not because i seem to remember you giving some very good (accurate) comments about the club 3 years ago when i joined this forum.

If these are your opinions then fine but seriously i'd like to see the other opinions return because they were much better and a far more enjoyable read.

The Souness era has transformed him into a twisted, evil shadow of his former self. And who can blame him?

I might be one of the few who don't think we need to strengthen the centre-back positions, at least this season. One of the reasons we've been lacking there has been down to trying to find a partnership. Adding someone else to it isn't going to solve things. Individually, I like all 4 centre-backs, give them this season to get used to each other and the Premiership, etc. then maybe next season look to add better quality. If we'd signed Ben Haim, I think one of Cacapa & Faye wouldn't have been here.

• 3 weeks later...

from teamtalk.com (they basically cut and paste newspaper articles, I just need to find what paper this is in)

Big Sam hoping to borrow Ben Haim

Under-fire Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce could be reunited once again with Chelsea defender Tal Ben Haim as he bids to plug his leaky defence.

The Israel centre-back has started only nine Premier League games this term, but with John Terry injured and Ricardo Carvalho banned, the 25-year-old has been thrown into the fray at Stamford Bridge.

But Allardyce, who coached the Israel international while the pair were at Bolton, is in desperate need of defensive reinforcements and has reportedly requested to take Ben Haim on loan until the end of the season.

Allardyce has limited cash available and a temporary switch would boost a Magpies defence which has conceded 33 goals in 21 Premier League games.

Allardyce is also bracing himself for the loss of Habib Beye, Jose Enrique and Abdoulaye Faye who are all on African Nations Cup duty.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3018887,00.html

HOWEVER....

Allardyce is also bracing himself for the loss of Habib Beye, Jose Enrique and Abdoulaye Faye who are all on African Nations Cup duty

There is a flaw in the arguement.  I never knew Spain was in Africa....

according to ITV

http://www.itv-football.co.uk/story/0,19239,6145_3018974,00.html

We`ll be losing Jose Enrique and Claudio Cacapa to the African Nations Cup :kasper:

:razz:

I bet the guy that wrote it was like

"Hmmmmm yep Cacapa's black!, Now Enrique! (Holds his picture up to his colour chart!) hmm yep well he falls somewhere between Morocco and Chad yep he's going as well!

Guest Ridzuan

Jose Enrique should sue the company for making racist remarks.I have never heard an African with the name 'Jose' or  'Enrique' before.

Jose Enrique should sue the company for making racist remarks.I have never heard an African with the name 'Jose' or  'Enrique' before.

José Quitongo, Angolan player in the SPL

there`s actually quite a few players by that name, colonies formerly of Portugal and Spain  :razz:

Chelsea apparantly want 2 million for him

Yeah according to a crap newspaper, weve had a loan bid rejected, but we can buy him if we want.

EDIT: I apologise, the Independent is also running this story too...

And the MEN about Wes Brown

Guest johnson293

Chelsea apparantly want 2 million for him

Yeah according to a crap newspaper, weve had a loan bid rejected, but we can buy him if we want.

EDIT: I apologise, the Independent is also running this story too...

And the MEN about Wes Brown

Links Below...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1030625_magpies_in_brown_swoop

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=A1YourView&xml=/sport/2008/01/04/ufnnew104.xml