Biased Commentators

LoveItIfWeBeatU

It's not paranoia if it's true.

I'd like to have a rant about biased commentators.

I find all the SKY, Setanta and BBC commentators are biased. Aren't they supposed to be neutral?

Their voices go up an octave with excitement when one of the 'big four' are attacking. They love it when the 'big four' win. The silence from Andy Gray and Martin Tyler (it was at least one of them commentating) when Taylor scored for NUFC against Arsenal was embarrassing. They screamed at the top of their voices when Arsenal scored. There is always a disappointed tone in their voices when Newcastle score, win a corner, free kick, etc. There are always a million replays when we foul someone but none when we are fouled. If the opposition have a goal ruled out for offside the replay is straight on (even when the game has restarted). I find they always want whoever Newcastle are playing to win. Newcastle are always the 'baddies'. We are either spoiling the title race by taking points off one of the top four or we are the cruel team trying to beat the basement clubs. The only reason the BBC will have picked the Stoke Vs Newcastle game is they are hoping there is a cup shock. On Sunday the commentators will say some bollocks like "Derby need the points" like Newcastle don't!

It's a shame you can't turn them off and still have the crowd atmosphere.

It's not paranoia if it's true.

I'd like to have a rant about biased commentators.

I find all the SKY, Setanta and BBC commentators are biased. Aren't they supposed to be neutral?

Their voices go up an octave with excitement when one of the 'big four' are attacking. They love it when the 'big four' win. The silence from Andy Gray and Martin Tyler (it was at least one of them commentating) when Taylor scored for NUFC against Arsenal was embarrassing. They screamed at the top of their voices when Arsenal scored. There is always a disappointed tone in their voices when Newcastle score, win a corner, free kick, etc. There are always a million replays when we foul someone but none when we are fouled. If the opposition have a goal ruled out for offside the replay is straight on (even when the game has restarted). I find they always want whoever Newcastle are playing to win. Newcastle are always the 'baddies'. We are either spoiling the title race by taking points off one of the top four or we are the cruel team trying to beat the basement clubs. The only reason the BBC will have picked the Stoke Vs Newcastle game is they are hoping there is a cup shock. On Sunday the commentators will say some bollocks like "Derby need the points" like Newcastle don't!

It's a shame you can't turn them off and still have the crowd atmosphere.

I think you are slightly paranoid.

Go around any club and their supporters will say the media have it in for them or have a bias against them.

to be fair it was the same towards us when we were regulars in the top 4.

When were we regulars in the top 4?

There were Newcastle love-ins at Sky between about 1994-1997 and 2001-2004.

It paranoia to be honest.

Commentators are always going to show more approval towardsthe better teams because they play better football.

Guest bobblyrage

Well if you ever fancy a laugh in a match then I'd recommend turning skys Fanzone commentary on, you'll never call sky's other lot biased again!

Goes down particularily well if you are watching a side get demolished in a derby game, if you're a neutral watching it turns it from a sporting occassion to pure comedy.

I did say it was a rant. Rants aren't exactly level headed thought pieces.

When teams like Arsenal are passing the ball around the commentators will do a role call of names of who the ball goes to. When other less 'glamour' teams do that they sit in silence.

Seriously though, just wait until the Stoke v Newcastle game.

Edit - Fanzone is even worse but you expect them to be biased.

Apparently you used to be able to turn the commentators off on Sky but not anymore.

Andy Gray is just disgrace tbh, he treats a live game like it's "the Andy Gray" show, like we've tuned in just to hear what his deinitive opinion on absolutely everything. And the chap who said he favours the top 4 is right, i remember against Arsenal Oba was called offside at the end of the first half, the replay showed he was clearly on and he kept saying "Ah 50/50, 50/50. Bollocks to 50/50, look at the replay you fat little pervert!!! :thup:

Andy Gray is just disgrace tbh, he treats a live game like it's "the Andy Gray" show, like we've tuned in just to hear what his deinitive opinion on absolutely everything. And the chap who said he favours the top 4 is right, i remember against Arsenal Oba was called offside at the end of the first half, the replay showed he was clearly on and he kept saying "Ah 50/50, 50/50. Bollocks to 50/50, look at the replay you fat little pervert!!! :thup:

That's the spirit, that's what I'm after!

Guest Micktoon

mind it good sto see Phil thompsen doesn't sit on the Liverpool games on soccer Saturday anymore after his behaviour when we played them.

tbf, it's paranoia.

If Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs..........etc...... got Stoke away in the cup, they'd be hoping for an upset. It's not just because we're Newcastle, they always support the underdog because they make good games.

Also, the commentary is always generally quiet for the majority of teams nowadays unless something happens against the run of play, or early or late on.

Commentators are biased towards the top four, but they aren't biased against Newcastle. It's not a personal thing.

mind it good sto see Phil thompsen doesn't sit on the Liverpool games on soccer Saturday anymore after his behaviour when we played them.

I like it how a bunch of ex-players/drunks/failed managers can sit there and pass judgement on how Wenger, Ferguson, etc have gone wrong in a game.

yeah there was a moment in the arse game today when i thought gray was being a total tit, the ref blew for a foul then held his hands up to apologise for not playing advantage, which i thought was applaudable, to be honest, how many times do you see a referee say sorry!? and martin tyler commented on it, to which andy gray said 'its just a WRONG decision, to be honest'

i mean, haway, give the man a chance, he's bloody apologising, he doesnt have to

Guest Micktoon

It'd be better not to have to see the big nosed twat at all tbh.

That as well.

I fuckin hate andy gray, His love for Gerrard is embarrassing. I hate it when commentators say Stevie G or JT.

I hate that "Steve G" s****. You arse kissing twats!

As some people think I'm paranoid we'll change the topic from "Commentators are biased against Newcastle" to "Commentators are biased arseholes spouting cliches and s****". Bash them!  :celb:

I fuckin hate andy gray, His love for Gerrard is embarrassing. I hate it when commentators say Stevie G or JT.

You'd lose your mind in America. Commentators here use nicknames, tell unverifiable anecdotes and fawn all over the stars constantly.

With the exception of the guy that screams "Roooooooooneeeeeey!" (Gray?) I thought you guys had decent to great commentary teams.

You'd lose your mind in America. Commentators here use nicknames, tell unverifiable anecdotes and fawn all over the stars constantly.

With the exception of the guy that screams "Roooooooooneeeeeey!" (Gray?) I thought you guys had decent to great commentary teams.

That's probably Motson you're thinking of. His orgasmic groans whenever Wayne scores are embarrassing - "oh England class, England class!". Wanker.