Newcastle United 2 - 2 Derby - 23/12/07 - post match reaction from page 15

James

I think its time to Rozehnal out of the firing line, starting at Wigan.

Spot on, he looks  shot atm. It doesnt help that the non-exsistent DM who has just got a new deal is actuall stopping FUCK all in front of him.

but we replace him with Cacapa? Who was so bad against Pompey that he got rested with an "injury" for weeks after? Face it, Allardyce has left us (still) in the shit defensively.

I think its time to Rozehnal out of the firing line, starting at Wigan.

Spot on, he looks  shot atm. It doesnt help that the non-exsistent DM who has just got a new deal is actuall stopping f*** all in front of him.

but we replace him with Cacapa? Who was so bad against Pompey that he got rested with an "injury" for weeks after? Face it, Allardyce has left us (still) in the s*** defensively.

I see nothing wrong with playing Cacapa. Fair enough he had a shocker against Portsmouth and was taken off to help him (good man management from Sam). The same should happen to Rozehnal to stop the pressure getting to much on him. Cacapa has looked relatively solid in most games he has played in Fulham (a), Tottenham (h) and West Ham (h) as examples. I don't see how you could hold one game, no 11 minutes, against a player when he has played well in 10 games. I think Cacapa did ok yesterday and was let down by the midfield pushing on too much and his defensive partner. He was often the last line of defence in the last 10 minutes and stopped Derby from scoring on a few occasions (when Barnes tried to out pace him).

Total fcking wank yesterday, total wank.  I dont need no stats man to tell me how the game went.  I was there, i watched it.  Fcking muck of the highest order.

Its not going to change soon either.

We should have tested their CBs from the first minutes with Obas pace but no.  Oba was stuck out on the right of a 3 man attack.  Oba is not good enough to play there.  He doesn't have the vision, the control or the skill to play that position.

was let down by the midfield pushing on too much and his defensive partner. He was often the last line of defence in the last 10 minutes and stopped Derby from scoring on a few occasions (when Barnes tried to out pace him).

You cant expect the midfield to sit back when we are chasing the game against the bottom club in the league at home.

We should have tested their CBs from the first minutes with Obas pace but no.  Oba was stuck out on the right of a 3 man attack.  Oba is not good enough to play there.  He doesn't have the vision, the control or the skill to play that position.

I said that yesterday. Those troglodytes playing in Derby's central defence must have loved the fact Oba was playing wide insteasd of testing their turn of pace. One of them is 35 FFS.

I said that yesterday. Those troglodytes playing in Derby's central defence must have loved the fact Oba was playing wide insteasd of testing their turn of pace. One of them is 35 FFS.

Exactly, couple of shit kicking centre backs and we played right into their hands.  God it pisses me right off!

Derby's time wasting was top notch.

Got the crowd f***** off which imo led to an increased sense of urgency on the pitch and our equaliser. It was good time wasting but it back fired.

Darren Moor took this piss, should of got a yellow. Tbf to Teale he did go minutes later, maybe it was all part of the act though.

Derby's time wasting was top notch.

Got the crowd f***** off which imo led to an increased sense of urgency on the pitch and our equaliser. It was good time wasting but it back fired.

Darren Moor took this piss, should of got a yellow. Tbf to Teale he did go minutes later, maybe it was all part of the act though.

Dont understand why refs dont book a player who one minute cant walk then seconds later is sprinting back into his defensive position.

Howard was surrounded by his family and friends in his first appearance at St James’s Park after Derby’s 2-2 draw.

“Normally a point away from home against a team above you in the table is considered a good one, but we feel that we did enough to have won.

“In fact, when you score two goals away from home you should win. But I was disappointed with Newcastle. We expected more from them and thought they would be in our faces – but they just were not.”

Howard did not get one of those two Derby goals, but he won just about every ball in their against a United defence which seems to go from bad to worse.

Howard had never played at St James’s Park before and he said: “Playing there was everything I thought it would be.

“In fact, you can begin to understand what it means to a Geordie who has supported Newcastle all his life to run out at such a magnificent ground.

“When you are watching from the stands it’s so massive, but when you are on there on the pitch it is even bigger.”

From the Chron

Not read the thread but i thought Duffer deserved a mention. He looked handy down the left when he came on. Missed a chance to play a quick pass inside to N'Zogbia who was running into the box but was generally looking good.

yea i think duff and zoggy will work well down the left, hopefully we'll see if milner and beye are decent down the right

Not read the thread but i thought Duffer deserved a mention. He looked handy down the left when he came on. Missed a chance to play a quick pass inside to N'Zogbia who was running into the box but was generally looking good.

yea i think duff and zoggy will work well down the left, hopefully we'll see if milner and beye are decent down the right

i really hope that he does this, but i doubt he will ... duff has played left back for chelsea and i think him and zog interchanging will be very dangerous, but he will probly play smith or geremi on the right and put milner on the bench

Fucking ridiculous. I need to stop going to the matches, the five home games i have not attended this season we have won and we haven't won the 5 i have gone to. So don't get your hopes up for the City game either folks.

This. :(

:blush:

Thoughts on the game?

N'Zogbia - best player on the pitch, once again utterly wasted.

Viduka - two excellent finishes.

Beye - so experienced.

Everyone else - pants.

Particular annoyances:

Set pieces - utterly predictable. Why don't we EVER try anything different?

Early goals - NOT FUCKING LEARNING.

Second half - as previously, all momentum lost and never regained.

Derby - complete shit, but should have won this game. The number of counters they wasted was laughable.

Referee - missed a blatant penalty for both teams and fell for their timewasting over and over again.

Smith - forgotten what a goal is.

Subs - we were losing when Taylor replaced Roz. Why? We needed to attack. It almost felt like damage limitation. :lol:

Guest Knightrider

I thought we created enough chances to win the game by a comfortable margin and at times we tried and did play good football in the first half especially, but after the break the final 45 was a complete sham of a match with Derby doing their level best to disrupt the game with their lumps forward and time wasting, and we stupidly played into their hands. The fans didn't help either with their moans and groans as players become rushed and started lumping it long themselves, meaning we were always going to struggle in the final 20 minutes to go on and win the game, especially with Derby's spirits up and their keeper in such fine form who made several good saves. We were also rather wasteful and dithered a lot. It was a strange game in many ways, a typical Festive Season type game. I thought we also looked pretty tired and several players did not give their all which is inexcusable.

Fucking ridiculous. I need to stop going to the matches, the five home games i have not attended this season we have won and we haven't won the 5 i have gone to. So don't get your hopes up for the City game either folks.

This. :(

:blush:

Thoughts on the game?

N'Zogbia - best player on the pitch, once again utterly wasted.

Viduka - two excellent finishes.

Beye - so experienced.

Everyone else - pants.

Particular annoyances:

Set pieces - utterly predictable. Why don't we EVER try anything different?

Early goals - NOT FUCKING LEARNING.

Second half - as previously, all momentum lost and never regained.

Derby - complete shit, but should have won this game. The number of counters they wasted was laughable.

Referee - missed a blatant penalty for both teams and fell for their timewasting over and over again.

Subs - we were losing when Taylor replaced Roz. Why? We needed to attack. It almost felt like damage limitation. :lol:

Taylor came on because Rozehnal was having a mare, i didn't understand why he didn't bring Emre on at the same time though.

For a player who people think is fearless and brave it's surprising how gutless he is with the ball at his feet in front of goal.

To be fair to Smith, that was the first real game where hes looked timid when given the opportunity to shoot. At the start of the season in particular, he was happy to shoot on sight, and did so whenever it was on.

The trouble is, most of thse shots ended up in row Z.

Whether those few select diehard fans of his think hes being unfairly picked on or not, hes not doing himself any favours by looking so poor in front of goal. Needs to get his act together.

Guest Knightrider

several players did not give their all which is inexcusable.

Couldn't disagree more. They all tried their best iyam. They just didn't know what the fuck they were supposed to be doing.

Well their best wasn't good enough then. I saw several of our players just give up or look disinterested/too slow to react. I think a  few of them could have giving more myself.

Guest Knightrider

Smith has no confidence in front of goal whatsoever, you can see this as he refuses to take responsibility. That's more of a mental problem than a technical one because he can actually finish. I really think where Smith is concerned, he's lost the way to goal due to being played in midfield for so long. He hasn't regularly played up front since he was 23 and playing for Leeds. That's a long time. He badly needs a goal and a run of scoring, even if it's 2 goals in 4 games or something just to give him that bit of extra confidence that will see or should see to him deciding to shoot rather than dilly dally on the ball and lose it or playing the wrong pass to someone else.

even during a season of rebuilding we should be taking 6 points off shite teams like Derby. I'm fully prepared for the long haul but days like yesterday are unacceptable.

a couple of things that are blindingly obvious and need to addresses immediately:

- the lads need to play as a team and pull together as a unit.

- we have a lot of unintelligent players in the side who will run their arses off (apart from Viduka) but very few with brains who can pull the strings. Oba is a classic expample of this, raw ability but still making far too many stupid errors with positioning etc.