Newcastle United 2 - 2 Derby - 23/12/07 - post match reaction from page 15

James

Disgusting to watch, feel that anyone at the game should get a refund.

We lost because of pure arrogance today, which was rooted from fans to the players.  Everyone believed it was going to be a cricket score, and we went out there with formation to attack, but forgot that you still have to defend. 

This 4-3-3 crap has to stop.  It's costing us points and the players don't remotely look comfortable playing it.

Here's other things that I felt during the game.

1. Nicky Butt, never EVER try the long ball pass.  YOU JUST CAN'T DO IT AND YOU LOSE THE BALL YOU TOOL.

2. Joey Barton should not start.  He isn't ready and should be playing from the bench, Emre to start please.

3. Rozenhal, what the hell happened? Cacapa is nearly just as bad... Taylor and Faye should always play when fit.

4. Crosses... let's put man on the opposite corner to collect the ball after Milner hoofs it over the entire goal area.  Perhaps the 2nd ball from the opposite flank will be a better one.

5. 4-3-3 is NOT working. Forget it sam.  You play to the strenghts of your players, not play your favourite tactic despite it being ineffective with the players you have.

6. N'ZOGBIA IS NOT A f****** LEFT BACK.  PLAY HIM LEFT WING OR f*** OFF SAM YOU FAT c***.

oh I could rant all night about this game.  It's just so frustrating to see that we have talented players which are letting less talented players get the better of them.

Well done to Derby too.  They got f*** all to play for really yet they came and should have taken the points.

As much as I feel angry at Sam for not sorting out the team to get the win, I still think he needs to be given to the end of the season. We have to take this one on the chin and hope Sam wakes up, sorts out the problems, and we move up the table to fight for 6th/7th.

Have you considered our players aren't that good?

Yes, hence why I said "hope" during that last sentence. 

We just lack the class to open teams up atm. Viduka's got the class to finish things off, same with Owen and I'd even say Martins. But creating chances, who do we have? Emre? The man who the fatty sends on with 15 minutes left in each game? Him? Milner? Duff? We lack some genuine class in the center of the park but this can be solved in the transfer window...

Wecome to one of my posts Sept 2007. :razz:

Why are people complaining about 4-3-3? We were 4-4-2 today with Martins on the right wing and Milner on the left.

Because Martins didn't play like a right winger. Or he just play like a right winger during attack.

I've definately started to lose faith in Big Sam. When that stat came up in midway through the 2nd half that said Derby had 61% possession...I think that said it all. No more 4-3-3. Grumble.

We didn't play 433. Some people here are on drugs.

I don't even know what system we played.. What was Smith's position for instance?

Up front alongside Viduka until the 2nd half. And completely dominated by a bigger centreback.

And where did he play in the second half..? I can't even remember he featured once, everything passed him by. I've said it before and I'll say it again, what use is it to play a striker who will never shoot and can't create. And to think he's actually worse when played in midfield.. If we would have lined up with a 442 with Viduka and Martins on top and Milner and Zog on the wings (Milner right) there is no way we would have looked this lacklustre.. I'm well pissed with Big Sam.

Its amazing that people can be so clueless as to remark with genuine innocent surprise that Derby, Wigan, the scum 'played their best all season' and such comments.

Shit teams play well when other teams let them play well. Its easy for Derby to play well when we are so godawful incompetent we can't even retain the football coming out of our own half.

Amazing how Derby never 'play their best' against well organized, attacking teams. Hard to play your best when you concede four goals though.

Give him some money in Jan and if we haven't improved like we haven't in the 1st half of the season get rid!

We have become painful to watch and that is a fact! Better than Roeder or Souness era's?  No, not in football stakes but only in new owners and chairman!

Many may argue about our league position but lets face facts! There has not been one game this season where i'd thought yes were going in the right direction, not one!

His job now depends on any signings sanctioned by Mort, so if we get nothing in Jan there is no chance we can improve as a side.

We just lack the class to open teams up atm. Viduka's got the class to finish things off, same with Owen and I'd even say Martins. But creating chances, who do we have? Emre? The man who the fatty sends on with 15 minutes left in each game? Him? Milner? Duff? We lack some genuine class in the center of the park but this can be solved in the transfer window...

Wecome to one of my posts Sept 2007. :razz:

I know Parkster ;)

You need to get that other thread up and running again.

Paul Jewell deserves credit for Derby's second half performance.

He observed that we were often playing 235 while attacking, so instructed the team to counter-attack early around our midfield and then isolate our centre halves.

Incidentally why is Barton still playing? I know the halfwits are going to trundle out the usual excuses such as 'coming back from injury', 'getting used to our style of play', 'getting through defensive work'. But lets be honest he has been utter rubbish for a good few months on the trot now. He hasn't improved at all. Does anyone really still support his inclusion?

Barring matches against us, Derby have 3 points from half a season of football. Extrapolate that and they are comfortably the worst team to ever have played Premiership football. For periods today they played us off the park. Pathetic.

Duff was good.

Have you considered our players aren't that good?

Agreed.  We didn't drop any points due to bad tactics today.  The only questionable selection IMO (Zog at left-back) was a non-issue. 

We dropped points because Barton, Butt, Rozenhal & Cacapa didn't perform well.  Blame the manager for failing to motivate them or train them if you find that more convenient, but tactics don't really enter into it. 

“Chopping and changing managers here hasn’t worked

and the success stories at other clubs are usually connected with longevity” - Chris Mort

Give him some money in Jan and if we haven't improved like we haven't in the 1st half of the season get rid!

We have become painful to watch and that is a fact! Better than Roeder or Souness era's?  No, not in football stakes but only in new owners and chairman!

Many may argue about our league position but lets face facts! There has not been one game this season where i'd thought yes were going in the right direction, not one!

His job now depends on any signings sanctioned by Mort, so if we get nothing in Jan there is no chance we can improve as a side.

This is the deal. Sam cannot beat a Derby with a team that is man for man already vastly superior in terms of anything you like. Transfer value, skill, wages, history in the EPL, any kind of comparison. Why give him more money?

Chopping and changing managers here hasnt worked

and the success stories at other clubs are usually connected with longevity - Chris Mort

Funny people continue to quote this. Sam wasn't appointed by Mort so it really has very limited relevance. When Mort brings in his own man then you can bandy this quote about.

I wanna see Emre and Duff start against Wigan. Maybe Duff wide right, push Zog up to the left wing and bring back Enrique. Also Taylor should come in for Rozehnal. Our central midfield really needs to be looked at in January. Butt and Barton are a terrible partnership there. They're so slow and can't keep possession under pressure.

Its amazing that people can be so clueless as to remark with genuine innocent surprise that Derby, Wigan, the scum 'played their best all season' and such comments.

Shit teams play well when other teams let them play well. Its easy for Derby to play well when we are so godawful incompetent we can't even retain the football coming out of our own half.

Amazing how Derby never 'play their best' against well organized, attacking teams. Hard to play your best when you concede four goals though.

Finally someone calls it as it is!

Chopping and changing managers here hasnt worked

and the success stories at other clubs are usually connected with longevity - Chris Mort

Funny people continue to quote this. Sam wasn't appointed by Mort so it really has very limited relevance. When Mort brings in his own man then you can bandy this quote about.

So that sentence isn't relevant just because Sam wasn't appointed by Mort? I don't see you point.

This is the deal. Sam cannot beat a Derby with a team that is man for man already vastly superior in terms of anything you like. Transfer value, skill, wages, history in the EPL, any kind of comparison. Why give him more money?

If the board call it like that, and there's no reason to suggest why they wouldn't, then we should sack him now as we need players and he needs backing, if not sack him, bring in their own man and back him to the hilt brining in quality players.

just got back from that shower of shite

Barton   Butt   Smith   Milner

if Allardcye ever plays that midfield again he should be sacked on the spot, the guy is fucking clueless when it comes to attacking

Was ridiculous that.

Guest shaun11177

i have never known any Manager play players out of position so consistently.

The formation changes consistently,the players change every game-if Smith gets the captaincy that means he is  in the team for definite and i dont agree with that. i think we are going to struggle to stay in the top half.

When you look at their results previous to this, it's shocking that we didn't win that. You can say we played well and stuff, but I don't think we were that good. We couldn't have been if we had to snatch a late equaliser.

Derby nearly did the double over us, that sort of statistic is scary.