Alan Smith

tmonkey

where are all the daft cuts who thought Smith was a good buy.Come on, you know who you are...."if SAF wanted to keep him....." HE DIDN'T, YOU STUPID CUNTS, NOT FOR SECOND!!!!!!! ARSEHOLES.

Aw.

Who in their right mind would buy him?

I know, i'm sure there are suitors out there. But they'd have to be f****** stupid.

aldershot town are making enquiries

How exactly would this work? The shots have a young, fast, team who play for each other. Their vision and passing this season has been incredible. Oh yes and they are successful. Gary Waddock is a young manager who likes to keep the ball on the deck. Why would he want to get players who have no ability? I suggest that you ocassionally go and watch lower league football

I reckon we could get about £13/14m for Smith, Duff and Milner in today's market.

Haha at first sight I thought you meant 13/14M for each of them and was ready to reply "WTF?" =)

Guest teepee

i honestly think those 45 minutes yesterday by smith was some of the worst football i've seen in a long time. as a striker i'd prefer ameobi to him anyday!

Guest Saint Andy

i honestly think those 45 minutes yesterday by smith was some of the worst football i've seen in a long time. as a striker i'd prefer ameobi to him anyday!

Is that you Dave from Stoke?

absolutely agree. I nearly broke down in tears when smudger came on for Viduka... 

I reckon we could get about £13/14m for Smith, Duff and Milner in today's market.

10M for milner?????

£4m for Duff, £4m for Smith, £6m for Milner. Or something like that.

If we can get £4m for Shola ffs, we can get it for them. Today's market in this country is mental.

Guest neesy111

totally agree on smith yesterday, him coming on probably made us play 10% worse as a team as a whole

can't hold the ball up, drift's into any position he likes

even though viduka is a lazy git, u need a target man up front who can hold the ball up and bring others into play which he does at times excellent

these are my candidates to go next season:

given (cash in on him now, we have got too many keepers)

rozehnal, cacapa and carr (should get around 3 million for rozehnal)

geremi, butt, n'zogbia, duff (geremi can't take a set-piece, butt hasn't got the legs, charlie's attitude fucking stinks, and duff is crap)

ameobi, smith (ameobi 4 million daylight robbery, smith hopefully will be going for exchange for the rangers defender)

Guest neesy111

tbh I think Smith is a bigger flop than Luque.

yeah, luque did score past the mackems and his injury did little to help him

As soon as he came on I said to my mate "game over now". He's utter tripe. His two piss-poor clearances actually led to the second goal as well. I don't know how many times I've aired my view on just how utterly useless this pillock is. He can't tackle without fouling, can't shoot without missing, and can't pass without giving away. He's supposedly a good header of the ball but I think he beat Terry once. The gap between him and Viduka that was demonstrated yesterday is immense, and I think it's absolutely no coincidence how much weaker we looked when the changed was made. Duff is also toss for what it's worth, disgrace that he came on at LW and Zoggy was stuck in at LB. I think Duff will be off, but I don't see Smith leaving as he's happy here and Keegan seems to like him. Roll on more of those performances next year Alan.

As well as being utterly useless it was Smith who was marking Ballack when he scored the first goal. Should not be allowed near SJP or the training ground again.

Smith wasn't marking him. Ballack was stoon next to Butt, he walked backwards and Butt stood still. Smith realised, too late, and made a desperate attempt to cut out Ballack's header but he was too late. He's a shit player, but that doesn't mean everything's his fault.

I wonder is Stoke would like to buy a lad who has played for England this year & is an x-Man Utd striker & if there rates for Shola are anything to go by god knows how much we would get for Smudger (what an awful nickname).

At least we now know why Mike Ashley used to have "17 Smith" on his shirt. In that story about Ashley winning £1 Million on the roulette wheel it mentioned that Mike considers his lucky number to be 17. Not in the case of buying Alan Smith it wasn't Mike!

• 2 months later...

SAVIOUR!!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/45442/Al-be-your-shooting-star-Kev/

AL BE YOUR SHOOTING STAR, KEV

ABOVE: Alan Smith

28th July 2008

By Jeremy Cross

ALAN SMITH wants a regular striking role at Newcastle and the chance to show Kevin Keegan there can be life without Michael Owen and Mark Viduka.

The England star failed to shine in a makeshift attack alongside Shola Ameobi as a depleted Toon side crashed to a 1-0 defeat to Championship newcomers Doncaster courtesy of Stuart Elliott’s 86th-minute goal.

Smith was turned into a midfielder during his time at Manchester United and spent most of his first season at St James’s Park in a similar role following his £6m switch from Old Trafford last August.

He failed to score a single goal last season, but insists he hasn’t forgotten how to find the back of net – providing Keegan gives him the chance to do so.

With both Viduka and Owen battling to be fit for the new campaign and Obafemi Martins back in Nigeria mourning the death of his mother, Smith might get his wish.

The ex-Leeds star said: “When I was playing for Manchester United, before I broke my leg, I was playing in central midfield.

“I then missed 18 months with my injury and when Sam (Allardyce) brought me to Newcastle, he played me all over. That never really helps you.

“It doesn’t allow you to become consistent and it doesn’t really allow you to become settled.

“The gaffer knows where he wants to play me and if he’s going to play me up there, I’m going to have to start scoring goals. I’m going to have to start playing as a centre-forward, like I did when I was at Leeds and like I did when I first went to United. I know I can do that.

“I’d enjoy an extended run at centre-forward and I think everyone knows that’s probably my best position.

“It’s what’s natural to me, but if I’m going to play there and stay in the team, I’m going to have to score goals.”

Keegan vowed to make some new signings in the wake of this defeat and Smith admits the pressure is on their threadbare squad to finish in the top half of the table this season.

He added: “We had a lot of players missing, but hopefully they will be fit for the start of the season.

“Realistically, for this football club, the top half of the table is a must.

“When you look around the dressing-room, the quality is there, but football now is more and more of a squad game.”