Alan Smith

tmonkey

fucking disgrace if only Martins and Smith are fit for Man U

The club have been aware of Viduka's problems since May and Owen is always going to be a doubt, why we dont already have a striker in the bag is beyond me. Alan fucking Smith up front, fucking idiots

Have you seen how many strikers KK has already been lumbered with? It's not his fault Sherla won't fuck off and nobody wants to buy that useless knacker Smith.

Owen, Viduka and Martins are the only strikers we have. Two of which are injury prone. Smith and Shola cannot be considered strikers. That suggests to me that we should already have a new striker in the squad

Owen, Viduka and Martins are the only strikers we have. Two of which are injury prone. Smith and Shola cannot be considered strikers. That suggests to me that we should already have a new striker in the squad

They're both still burning a huge hole in our resources.

I know that, but all the same we've had 2 months to sort the problem and here we are still with it. And it's a bloody serious one

I know that, but all the same we've had 2 months to sort the problem and here we are still with it. And it's a bloody serious one

What if the budget isn't there?

Why isn't it there? We've got a small enough squad!

Speculate to accumulate.

If there isn't enough funds for a new striker when we only have ONE we can rely on to be fit and perform then Mr Ashley has no business owning this club tbh.

I'm 100% convinced there is funds, a half-decent striker from the continent could cost as little as £2m. And I'm sure we'll get one before sep 1st, but why leave it that long is beyond me, amateurs tbh

Speculate to accumulate.

As entered in two different threads.

If Alan Smith stays for the remaining 4 years of his contract we will pay hime £10.4 million

Shola has shown how difficult it is to get highe earners to leave.

£10m would give us a huge amount of leverage to work with

Speculate to accumulate.

If Alan Smith stays for the remaining 4 years of his contract we will pay hime £10.4 million

Which is exactly why running a football club just like a business doesn't work. You can't say that we're not signing a new striker because one of our shit players will cost us £10.4m over the next 4 years! The teams at the top are there because they sign players when they need them. Does it bother Man United and Liverpool that they owe so much money? Does it bother Chelsea that their money is coming from a billionaire owner rather than "recovered" funds?

Fuck it, let's stop bringing players in until we sell everyone we don't want.

If there isn't enough funds for a new striker when we only have ONE we can rely on to be fit and perform then Mr Ashley has no business owning this club tbh.

I'm 100% convinced there is funds, a half-decent striker from the continent could cost as little as £2m. And I'm sure we'll get one before sep 1st, but why leave it that long is beyond me, amateurs tbh

If they're amateurs who are paid to do that role, where does that leave us numpties who post on message boards?

Reckon he'd do alright at Everton. Suited to their harrying/in your face style. Moyes usually gets the best out of players like him n all.

Can't see that like. He's been abysmal for us under two different managers, both in midfield and up front.

Moyes is a good manager, but you can't polish a turd

It is possible to polish a turd, it just makes a bit of a stinking mess.

Speculate to accumulate.

that just made me sick in my mouth a little........ :banghead:

If they're amateurs who are paid to do that role, where does that leave us numpties who post on message boards?

who knows, the ones who have to suffer their mistakes

Loved him when he was at Leeds. for £1.75m I'd take him. He's like Beattie but he can actually run. Stick him in a decent team and give him some confidence and he could be good for 10-15 goals a season.

I think Moyes might be buying him as cover for a perma-crocked Cahill. Just doing the link up play in the hole.

I think if we hadn't had such a transfer window of high promise and ultimate discontent people would be warmer to this deal. He's not a bad player, he just hadn't had much of a settled time at ManU(he's never a holding mid Fergie lad) and Newcastle are proper crap who can't supply decent football, let alone supply their forwards.

Thumbs up from me.

if it happens the poor fucker is in for a surprise

Speculate to accumulate.

We've got a small squad but up front we're well stocked, you can't go adding extra strikers to make up the numbers when you've already got 6 of them that featured last season still here.

Some people, honest to God. We've got six strikers with six wage bills. If no one wants so sign any of the current ones, we're not going to get another really are we. Sack the fucking board.

Speculate to accumulate.

We've got a small squad but up front we're well stocked, you can't go adding extra strikers to make up the numbers when you've already got 6 of them that featured last season still here.

we're nowhere near well stocked. On the balance sheet yes, perhaps. On the pitch we have ONE, ONE ffs who we can rely on to be fit and perform

Speculate to accumulate.

we're nowhere near well stocked. On the balance sheet yes, perhaps. On the pitch we have ONE, ONE ffs who we can rely on to be fit and perform

We've got 6 strikers on our books, you can't just keep adding more without getting rid of the shit and all the crying in the World won't change that.

Speculate to accumulate.

We've got 6 strikers on our books, you can't just keep adding more without getting rid of the s*** and all the crying in the World won't change that.

Right , so you need 4 players. You have 1 who is generally fit and performs well, 2 that peform well but cannot be relied on to be available, and 2 that cannot be considered adequate players for that role.

You're still nowhere near having the 4 players you need. As Shearergol said, that's why you cant run a football club like a business and why you can view players like assets

Speculate to accumulate.

We've got 6 strikers on our books, you can't just keep adding more without getting rid of the s*** and all the crying in the World won't change that.

Right , so you need 4 players. You have 1 who is generally fit and performs well, 2 that peform well but cannot be relied on to be available, and 2 that cannot be considered adequate players for that role.

You're still nowhere near having the 4 players you need. As Shearergol said, that's why you cant run a football club like a business and why you can view players like assets

But if you are in a position where you are paying £10m in wages to one of the strikers common sense says you can not kleep adding to that cost. In that way you do have to run it like a business, decisions have to be made on how you fill your squad. We made the decision to sign Smith as a striker cum midfielder. We are not in a position to replicate the cost on a replacement until we get rid.

And none of this 'We've got a billionaire owner' crap. There is a limit to how much a person is willing to put into anything.

Speculate to accumulate.

Why is it difficult to understand? We've got six strikers. They've each got a wage bill. We're not going to add another striker until we get rid of the current ones. We can't shift one of the current one's cos they're dogshite, like you say. And that's not our fault in the slightest. It's just tough luck; if you want to blame anyone, blame Allardyce - not the current board.

Speculate to accumulate.

Welcome to real life, you name another club apart from Chelsea that will just continue to add players to a certain position without getting rid of the shite?

You can call it running the club as a business but I see it as keeping your house in order, and having a player on £50k + per week as a minimum of 5th choice isn't doing that.