Alan Smith

tmonkey

Read about Everton fans' admiration of Smith : P I think he will be happier there than here to be honest.

And yes, I can feel that he will score one against us. They always do, don't they?

http://www.evertonfc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59122&sid=a4a6d7128237172565a39a6df16d16d4

EvertonJohny: for 3m that's a bargain, he (Smith) would suit our style of play so much. The partnership of Smith & Viduka was extrodinary with Kewell on the wings and Bakke in the center, that would be like

Smith & Yakubu

Arteta on the wings

Need someone for bakkes boots.

He didn't score any 1. because he didn't play striker, 2 because his team is s***

fat_lass:I never said I'd sign him did I?

But I do like the fella. I think he'd work his socks off for us. I like to see a grafter and that's exactly what he is.

Someone below mentioned £1.5 million. We'd be daft not too.

Nah, I don't want Fletcher. I'd have Smith tho.

So Fletcher is up for £1.5 million? Not Smith?

Smith is £3 million? I'd still have him.

Tremendous comments !@!@!@!@! I thought he was the worst (most disappointing) player last season for us T_T

I hope Moyes is as drunk as these scousers are.

If Everton are in for him then surely he'll be away. He knows he's well down the pecking order here if everyone's fit, he must know that a lot of fans cannot hack him and he'll be moving back more towards his neck of the woods/where he's spent a fair bit of his career.

Everton are beyond desperate. Who have they brought in? No one. Their squad makes our look robust. Their pre-season makes our look highly succesful (they were embarassed here in the states by average MLS youth teams).

Moyes has to bring in new faces at almost any cost and they need cover in *every* position. Smith theorhetically (we know the truth) covers two of them, notably their problematic CM which is completely vacant as far as I can tell.

Not until this is confirmed am I allowing myself to be happy about this.

It's a shame if it is Everton rather than Sunderland. It would have been nice to weaken Sunderland by selling them Smith.

Rather weaken a league rival rather than an irrelevant club.

Not until this is confirmed am I allowing myself to be happy about this.

It's a shame if it is Everton rather than Sunderland. It would have been nice to weaken Sunderland by selling them Smith.

Rather weaken a league rival rather than an irrelevant club.

daft comment tbh

Loving how much everybody reads into the fact that he's not in the squad. Don't get me wrong though, I hope just as much as anyone that he's on his way, but I don't think this means much, or anything at all.

Guest BooBoo

Loving how much everybody reads into the fact that he's not in the squad. Don't get me wrong though, I hope just as much as anyone that he's on his way, but I don't think this means much, or anything at all.

Agreed. As someone else correctly pointed out, why risk our only fit striker in a friendly?

Even though he's our only available striker and therefore not playing him is incredibly bizarre?

Agreed. As someone else correctly pointed out, why risk our only fit striker in a friendly?

Touche :razz:

Only reason people are reading anything into it is because he is our only striker and we are playing we none instead of him and would have expected him to be on the bench

Only reason people are reading anything into it is because he is our only striker and we are playing we none instead of him and would have expected him to be on the bench

that and wishful thinking.

Eh?! Pre season, trying to get players fit, first home friendly, and not risk him coz he's our only fit striker?! With the knowledge that Oba and Owen should be fit for Saturday?! I think it certainly does mean something. Wether he's picked up an injury or being sold who knows, but he hasnt been left out becasue he's our only fit striker!