Alan Smith

tmonkey

I said it in the other thread, and I think its worthwhile pasting in here also...

Aslong as a player sports the NUFC badge they will never get a booing from me, and quite rightly, they shouldnt from any other fan.

At the end of the day we support Newcastle United, not the 'sometimes' useless players that turn out onto the pitch.

Just recap fans cant boo players, managers back them 99.9% of the time in public. Nee wonder England produces a lot of s**** players the most of the fuckers don't know they are s****.

Previous managers & boards have had a lot more grief at matches than a few kids in purple tops booing them in a pre-season game.

Using your way of thinking we just need to boo like hell and the league is ours.

I don't think I said that all, as your old enough to know booing our managers,singing sack the board while booing the likes of Stimo, Whitehurst, Rob McDonald didnt has won us f*** & in fact it didnt even get us promotionhas won us f***, made the players f*** off sharpish though.

My main point is it seems okay to boo or sing songs against Newcastle managers or slam a chairman/board but boo a player & it is not okay for some reason.

wasn't the point about booing a player as he is coming on ? does it help ? not in my opinion.

Anything that can be classed as negative does not help in the short term esp to the mentally weak. But I think it made a player like Nicky Butt want to show people they were wrong which he did as he went from being booed pre-season to many peoples player of the year. Lets hope Alan comes pounding back & scores his first goal next week against the Mancs.

strange considering the boos and cat calls butt received for weeks before his loan move to brum only seemed to make him worse.

Not going to get into the right and wrongs of booing a player but as a 31 bloke I'd feel a right idiot actually making the booing sound, I would either groan or curse!! I'd feel like a 5 year old! I just wonder if people who boo do that in any other situations where they are not happy with someone!

Just recap fans cant boo players, managers back them 99.9% of the time in public. Nee wonder England produces a lot of s**** players the most of the fuckers don't know they are s****.

Previous managers & boards have had a lot more grief at matches than a few kids in purple tops booing them in a pre-season game.

Using your way of thinking we just need to boo like hell and the league is ours.

I don't think I said that all, as your old enough to know booing our managers,singing sack the board while booing the likes of Stimo, Whitehurst, Rob McDonald didnt has won us f*** & in fact it didnt even get us promotionhas won us f***, made the players f*** off sharpish though.

My main point is it seems okay to boo or sing songs against Newcastle managers or slam a chairman/board but boo a player & it is not okay for some reason.

wasn't the point about booing a player as he is coming on ? does it help ? not in my opinion.

Anything that can be classed as negative does not help in the short term esp to the mentally weak. But I think it made a player like Nicky Butt want to show people they were wrong which he did as he went from being booed pre-season to many peoples player of the year. Lets hope Alan comes pounding back & scores his first goal next week against the Mancs.

strange considering the boos and cat calls butt received for weeks before his loan move to brum only seemed to make him worse.

The weeks before? We loaned him out 03/08/2005 so which games did he get the cat calls & booed at? Also which games did it effect his performances.

He got stick after the Man Utd semi the previous season but he hardly played after that.

Guest neesy111

The weeks before? We loaned him out 03/08/2005 so which games did he get the cat calls & booed at? Also which games did it effect his performances.

He got stick after the Man Utd semi the previous season but he hardly played after that.

he got booed v villareal when coming on and scored 2 awesome headers, thats the way to hit back at fan's showing your ability

he got booed v villareal when coming on and scored 2 awesome headers, thats the way to hit back at fan's showing your ability

After his loan

BOOOOO

BOOOOOO

Fucking grow up, adults, some of them with children behaving like big bairns spitting their dummies out. You're a tosser if you do this. Entitled to? Yeah, of course, just as you're entitled to walk out half an hour early, that's fine, I don't mind having to get out of your way every few seconds because you're having a sulk. If you hate it that much then fuck off, stay in the pub.

This annoys me as you can probably tell.

BOOOOO

BOOOOOO

f***ing grow up, adults, some of them with children behaving like big bairns spitting their dummies out. You're a tosser if you do this. Entitled to? Yeah, of course, just as you're entitled to walk out half an hour early, that's fine, I don't mind having to get out of your way every few seconds because you're having a sulk. If you hate it that much then f*** off, stay in the pub.

How do you think a player feels when he is going on the pitch & fans start singing "You don't know what your doing" it must make that player feel like shite as much as being booed. How did the team feel when they herd the much vaunted away support sing "We’re shit, and we’re sick of it” got to rock there confidence.  All them morons who thought making paper planes at the match was fun rather than watching the game, must have been soul destroying for the team.  I am not down with the booing, I just dont get this booing the players is wrong but managers & chairmen/boards are fair game & singing songs against the team is fine compared to booing.

BOOOOO

BOOOOOO

f***ing grow up, adults, some of them with children behaving like big bairns spitting their dummies out. You're a tosser if you do this. Entitled to? Yeah, of course, just as you're entitled to walk out half an hour early, that's fine, I don't mind having to get out of your way every few seconds because you're having a sulk. If you hate it that much then f*** off, stay in the pub.

How do you think a player feels when he is going on the pitch & fans start singing "You don't know what your doing" it must make that player feel like shite as much as being booed. How did the team feel when they herd the much vaunted away support sing "We’re shit, and we’re sick of it” got to rock there confidence.  All them morons who thought making paper planes at the match was fun rather than watching the game, must have been soul destroying for the team.  I am not down with the booing, I just dont get this booing the players is wrong but managers & chairmen/boards are fair game & singing songs against the team is fine compared to booing.

I don't boo or generally abuse players or managers myself, even Souness, as someone said earlier, I'd feel pretty ashamed to do so as an adult. Kids doing it, fine, you judge them by different standards. Some make the point that it's a way of perhaps letting the manager/chairman/owner know what 'the fans' think. Personally I don't want NUFC to be some sort of democracy, because there is no one view, and most of the louder-mouthed supporters spout shite and are utterly fickle depending on a lucky strike or an embarrassing fall. As if Keegan will suddenly realise 'oh yeah, Smith's a bag of balls really isn't he? I suppose we'll get rid of him'. I think knee-jerking is a major problem at this club, appease the fans with a signing/sacking/new manager, then they'll be happy for a few months.

BOOOOO

BOOOOOO

How do you think a player feels when he is going on the pitch & fans start singing "You don't know what your doing" it must make that player feel like s**** as much as being booed. How did the team feel when they herd the much vaunted away support sing "We’re s***, and we’re sick of it” got to rock there confidence.  All them morons who thought making paper planes at the match was fun rather than watching the game, must have been soul destroying for the team.  I am not down with the booing, I just dont get this booing the players is wrong but managers & chairmen/boards are fair game & singing songs against the team is fine compared to booing.

I don't boo or generally abuse players or managers myself, even Souness, as someone said earlier, I'd feel pretty ashamed to do so as an adult. Kids doing it, fine, you judge them by different standards. Some make the point that it's a way of perhaps letting the manager/chairman/owner know what 'the fans' think. Personally I don't want NUFC to be some sort of democracy, because there is no one view, and most of the louder-mouthed supporters spout s**** and are utterly fickle depending on a lucky strike or an embarrassing fall. As if Keegan will suddenly realise 'oh yeah, Smith's a bag of balls really isn't he? I suppose we'll get rid of him'. I think knee-jerking is a major problem at this club, appease the fans with a signing/sacking/new manager, then they'll be happy for a few months.

All fair points well made :thup:

Guest LucasUnger

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Love and Smith heading for Everton as manager Moyes bolsters his strikeforce

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 11:10 PM on 10th August 2008

Comments (0)  Add to My Stories

David Moyes will finally make his first foray into the transfer market this week by wrapping up deals for Vagner Love and Alan Smith.

Everton will need to smash their club record transfer fee of £11.25million to sign Brazil striker Love on a permanent basis but a 12-month loan deal is likely at first.

Newcastle's Smith, who was booed by his own fans on Saturday, will join Love at Goodison Park but the spending won't stop there, and Everton are hopeful they will add Real Zaragoza striker Diego Milito, Rennes midfielder Stephane M'Bia and Joao Moutinho of Sporting Lisbon to their squad before the window closes.

Moyes needs reinforcements, as the 1-1 draw in the final preseason game against PSV Eindhoven on Saturday showed.

After his loan

he was getting cat called and jeered after about two months (the bramble treatment)

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 6:58 AM on 11th August 2008

David Moyes will finally make his first foray into the transfer market this week by wrapping up deals for Vagner Love and Alan Smith.

Everton will need to smash their club record transfer fee of £11.25million to sign Brazil striker Love on a permanent basis but a 12-month loan deal is likely at first.

Newcastle's Smith, who was booed by his own fans on Saturday, will join Love at Goodison Park but the spending won't stop there, and Everton are hopeful they will add Real Zaragoza striker Diego Milito, Rennes midfielder Stephane M'Bia and Joao Moutinho of Sporting Lisbon to their squad before the window closes.

Moyes needs reinforcements, as the 1-1 draw in the final preseason game against PSV Eindhoven on Saturday showed.

By Sportsmail Reporter

2X

I'm sure everybody would be in uproar if he turned it around and called the support shit, the fans have hardly been their best in recent years. It worth both ways and i'm pretty sure "fans" wouldn't like that either and take a paddy.

I'm sure everybody would be in uproar if he turned it around and called the support shit, the fans have hardly been their best in recent years. It worth both ways and i'm pretty sure "fans" wouldn't like that either and take a paddy.

He doesn't pay the fans' wages though. Fans pay his.

Thats what you think, I'm a rent boy ;)

By Sportsmail Reporter

2X

Didn't notice for all those bloody smilies

Thats what you think, I'm a rent boy ;)

Bollocks Jon, you've openly offered free handjobs all round and i've never heard of you charging once.

(Allegedly ;))