Alan Smith

tmonkey

Does Smith have a definitive "best game in a Newcastle shirt"?

I honestly struggle to remember any. Perhaps Arsenal away when Carroll got the winner?

Arsenal at home in the 2007/08 season comes to mind for me.

Some folk have short memories.

Smith and a couple of others are the reason we're in the premier league. Ok, his attitude outweighs his talent. I wish him well and would be glad to see him here in the future in a "terry mac" role.

:lol: What drivel.

Fair enough. Remember the championship season however you like. We're a premiership club now though, when many predicted we'd drop to league one.

Does Smith have a definitive "best game in a Newcastle shirt"?

I honestly struggle to remember any. Perhaps Arsenal away when Carroll got the winner?

Arsenal at home in the 2007/08 season comes to mind for me.

Yeah that's the only good game i can remember from him.

Some folk have short memories.

Smith and a couple of others are the reason we're in the premier league. Ok, his attitude outweighs his talent. I wish him well and would be glad to see him here in the future in a "terry mac" role.

hahahahahaha

Smith and a couple of others are the reason we're in the premier league.

wat

It's not difficult.

We all know the craic, the the club went to Ireland in the summer of '09 words were said, players left etc. Smith played his heart out in the championship. You could arge that's his true level. Who cares? We're a premier leage club again and this lad played a big part in it.

Biggest load of shit I've ever read.

Ever.

If Smith was on the coaching staff here he'd be the new Terry Mac - Chief Morale Operator and Cone Putterouterer.

???

I thought all he did was organise the meat-draw.  That's what he was doing in the second half when he was showing the manager and players those little pieces of paper wasn't it?

Guest ykmkmdd

Seems their manager thinks he's a playmaker:

Smith, who has joined the Milton Keynes club on loan from Newcastle for the remainder of the season, made his first start for Robinson's side in the 1-1 draw at League One promotion rivals Huddersfield.

It was also the 31-year-old's first start since suffering a broken ankle while playing for Newcastle at Sunderland 12 months ago.

"Alan showed how good he is winning tackles and headers," said Robinson. "He knocked on my door on Monday and said he wanted to play even though he probably needs four weeks of training to get him fully fit.

"Alan reverted to a holding midfield role at Newcastle but I want him to be the one player given the freedom to unlock defences. We have a steely, gritty and hard-working player and I am made up with him."

Smith was substituted after 66 minutes, immediately after being booked for a lunge at Huddersfield goalscorer Jamie McCombe. Robinson insisted he intended to replace him anyway, adding: "That was his limit."

http://www.football365.com/league-one/7488805/Robinson-hails-Smith-impact?

:lol:

Starting to wonder what Pardew could have gotten from him :lol:

When you watch him persevere with Perch and Raylor and make them useful players to have around, yet he leaves Smith to rot in the reserves, you know it's a lost cause tbh.