Alan Smith

tmonkey

Guest Phil K

I know it will happen because NE5 is "never wrong".

Actually, I've seen him wrong no more often than anyone else on here.....

Difference is others can admit to being wrong and making mistakes.

Ah - just because YOU own up when you're wrong....;)

Seriously though - I've seen many many on here far worse than NE5 - who are the worlds worse in admitting they were wrong, whilst being among the worst themselves at having a go at others ! (You not included there, by the way - just in case your minds drifting in that direction !) :iamatwat:

I can honestly say I was shocked when Man U signed him, didn't think he was nearly good enough.

I know what you mean.

He was always just a busy,bustling centre forward who built his game around harassing defenders and making himself awkward to play against. He didn't have that 'class' (for want of a better word) about him. He was different to any striker that Fergie had on the books at the time though but the plan of sticking him in the middle of the park and doing what Keane did crashed and burned pretty quickly!  :lol:

I thought he'd do a decent job for us but that's gone to shit too.  :lol:

Nice to see the fanboys have got their heads together to come up with the injury excuse for him being shite. :lol:

Indeed, was he really all that good before his broken leg?

was as shite as he is now for about a season and a half before he broke his leg iirc.

What happens if he scores the winner on sunday, is he a hero?

Shola scored 2 in the 3-2 game but I don't think many think he is a hero.

Will probably be a "fuckksing leggend" for a few hours but I think thats the best he will get. Hopefully he wont get on tbh.

What happens if he scores the winner on sunday, is he a hero?

He did in the cup game against Sunderland on my FIFA 08 Manager carreer, nailed on to happen for real on Sunday!

If he manages to do it, I promise not to say anything bad about him for a week.

Once the week has past... >:D

Guest Stephen927

So much for the rumours that Alan Smith has a clause in his contract that means he has to play every game when fit.  :lol:

I know it will happen because NE5 is "never wrong".

Actually, I've seen him wrong no more often than anyone else on here.....

Difference is others can admit to being wrong and making mistakes.

Ah - just because YOU own up when you're wrong....;)

Seriously though - I've seen many many on here far worse than NE5 - who are the worlds worse in admitting they were wrong, whilst being among the worst themselves at having a go at others ! (You not included there, by the way - just in case your minds drifting in that direction !) :iamatwat:

Were you on about yourself then?

Guest shaun11177

Smith is clearly Carl Cort the second-the injury has taken its toll, this is not the player that was pretty decent at Leeds and that player will never return whether you give him 12months or 24.

Cut your losses now.

Guest shearer_united

Somehow, i think regularly playing Alan Smith i his natural role ( Striker) will eventually make him somewhat better a striker than he is now. I think with time, he can improve and eventually start regularly scoring again.

Guest Stephen927

So much for the rumours that Alan Smith has a clause in his contract that means he has to play every game when fit.  :lol:

well actually keegan does seem to put him on in the 80th minute in most games!

I'm not too convinced yet. We'll see if it happens from now until the end of the season. Worrying if there is actually a clause like that, and if there is, what would happen if we don't play him? Pay him a bonus or are we liable to be sued? Where do you draw the line with footballing clauses. Surely if it is there, it's a very rare clause, because I can't see many top flight clubs agreeing to a clause of its nature.

:angry:

Guest Stephen927

Please tell me people are not still talking about this "clause"?

Just me, ChrisJbarnes and Alan Smith.