Alan Smith

tmonkey

If we could con somebody into buying smith, which is a big if, it might be worth offering 3 mill for Nugent. Still young and never had much of a chance at portsmouth. Even though Ipswich offered more, he didn't want to drop down but pompey want to move him on. Although I'd prefer a bigger player up front, he may be able to do a job.

There's probably plenty of shit failed strikers we could sign.

Guest Sniffer

That's true. Nugent just seems to have the potential but not much opportunity to show it and i'm sure he's hungry.

I'd rather sell him and take the risk the club can bring someone in rather than keeping him here taking up a place in our squad.

Exactly.

Add Duff and Milner to that then. Obviously the club have proved over the last few years just how successful we've been at replacing people.

Seriously, if Smith is so shit, and it'll be so easy to replace him, why exactly are we leaving it so late in the transfer market? Do you think we already have someone lined up, or do you think Keegan has your attitude and is happy to wing it?

Duff yes, but how many assists, how many goals, how many good games has Milner had for Newcastle? He's been shit of late but comparing him to Smith is laughable imo.

I don't know what's going on, how could I? I think we'll sign a striker though, possiby someone as Baggio says who can play there and in an attacking midfield role.

I will be fuming if we sign this useless shitbag.

I wouldn't even take him for free. He makes Phil Neville look like a half decent midfielder ffs.

How I laughed when you were on here moaning when it looked like you were going to sign him last Summer. mackems.gif

And then we signed him.:(

:lol:

Hopefully this summer you laugh because it looks like we'll sign him... then he stays on your wage bill for another year.

I wouldn't even take him for free. He makes Phil Neville look like a half decent midfielder ffs.

How I laughed when you were on here moaning when it looked like you were going to sign him last Summer. mackems.gif

Hopefully this summer you laugh because it looks like we'll sign him... then he stays on your wage bill for another year.

What? Surely you mean another 4 years?

Please buy him. Please.

There's an Everton fan in our office, I'm going to get him a thank you card if he signs for your lot.

If you had a useless, gangrene infected leg you wouldn't wait until you had a replacement prosthetic leg sorted before you had the useless, gangrene leg (which was poisoning your whole body) cut off would you?

Same with Smith. He has a negative effect on the club. He's shit, he costs a fortune each week, he has 4 years left to run on his contract, he depresses the fans, etc. Get rid even if we don't manage to replace him. A useless body is not better than no body.

PS

Can we hide this thread to visitors to the forum? We don't want to damage our chances of selling Smith by the wrong people reading it. I remember early in the Summer the disappointment when Middlesbrough were supposed to be interested in Smith and then they denied it.

If you had a useless, gangrene infected leg you wouldn't wait until you had a replacement prosthetic leg sorted before you had the useless, gangrene leg (which was poisoning your whole body) cut off would you?

Same with Smith. He has a negative effect on the club. He's shit, he costs a fortune each week, he has 4 years left to run on his contract, he depresses the fans, etc. Get rid even if we don't manage to replace him. A useless body is not better than no body.

PS

Can we hide this thread to visitors to the forum? We don't want to damage our chances of selling Smith by the wrong people reading it. I remember early in the Summer the disappointment when Middlesbrough were supposed to be interested in Smith and then they denied it.

Perhaps you should go over the top next time you post. Not sure I can handle the realistic comparison you've used there.

:lol:  we'll be doing everything but laughing!

Do you post as Dom1878 on the "GrandOldTeam" forum by the way?

As long as he gets from us what he's worth........

Nope, never posted on there mate. I'm on a private one.

Nope, never posted on there mate. I'm on a private one.

ahh right, just wondered, toffeeweb link in the other clubs' forums thread didn't work, so I just googled "Everton forum" instead.  He actually made a sensible point, thats all, not just the typical "all players that go to the barcodes turn out shit".  Thought it might have been you.

Please be true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1041965/Everton-Newcastle-striker-Smith-Johnson-closes-Fulham-deal.html

Everton move for Newcastle striker Smith as Johnson closes in on Fulham deal

Everton manager David Moyes is lining up Newcastle striker Alan Smith in a £3million deal as Andy Johnson's departure to Fulham moved a step closer.

Newcastle are willing to sell 27-year-old Smith to move his £60,000 a week wages off their books. He still has four years on his current deal and the club are willing to take a £3m loss on the £6m fee paid out last summer.

Everton boss David Moyes has identified Alan Smith as the perfect replacement for departing striker Andy Johnson.

The forward is not a popular figure at St James' having failed to score for the club in 37 games last term. But Moyes believes Smith is the perfect strike partner for Yakubu and is keen to make him Everton's first capture of a frustrating summer.

Johnson was putting the finishing touches to his protracted move to Fulham last night after Everton chairman Bill Kenwright stuck to his guns over a fee that will eventually rise to £13m.

Fulham wavered over the deal when a slight knee condition showed up on Johnson's medical, but decided to go ahead after being assured it dated back to his childhood and has never hampered his career.

If this is true, maybe for the sake of the move it'd be wise if Keegan just dropped him against PSV/Valencia, before Moyes manages to get a good look at Smith's current state.

Moyes might think Smith still has it in him to be a good forward and that hes' just been unlucky/lacking in confidence/used poorly, but that opinion could change pretty quickly if he sees Smith slide tackling a loose ball out of play and struggling to even resemble a footballer let alone a striker.

And if by some miracle this move does happen, it'd be nice to twist the knife that we've just stuck in by going out and signing Manuel Fernandes.