Alan Smith

tmonkey

Sunderland keen on £3million Smith

The former Leeds United striker was a Premier League winner with Manchester United in 2007, but he left Old Trafford for Newcastle United following this success.

He has failed to make an impression at St James Park and is often a target of the Magpies fans, and reports suggest Kevin Keegan is willing to offload him.

Everton have already been linked with a cheeky £1.5million bid for Smith, but Newcastle are said to want twice this amount which their fierce rivals are willing to pay.

source: fans.fc

I know source is s*it but...please God

Come on Everton you can do it!

We will need an open top bus for the parade if this happens.

PS

I had a discussion with a fellow Newcastle fan on the way home. He was visibly annoyed that I think we should get shot of Smith. He was all "Give him another season, he'll come good. There are loads of players we should get rid of first."  :idiot2:

That's canny mental like. Another one fooled by the "he works hard" myth iyam.

On that note, although I don't agree with booing him at a friendly, I find .com's rallying cry towards Smith rather irksome given the vitriol aimed towards certain players in the past.

don't quite see their logic in stating that he's scored more premiership goals than johnson, crouch, malbranque or adebayor. so has ian wright and he has one thing in common with smith - all his goals were all scored years ago.

Come on Everton you can do it!

We will need an open top bus for the parade if this happens.

PS

I had a discussion with a fellow Newcastle fan on the way home. He was visibly annoyed that I think we should get shot of Smith. He was all "Give him another season, he'll come good. There are loads of players we should get rid of first."  :idiot2:

That's canny mental like. Another one fooled by the "he works hard" myth iyam.

On that note, although I don't agree with booing him at a friendly, I find .com's rallying cry towards Smith rather irksome given the vitriol aimed towards certain players in the past.

You've just reminded me, that's exactly what he said "He works hard."

I said I'd prefer a 'lazy' player like Robert who can score from 40 yards out and troubles the opposition to someone who works hard and accomplishes nothing. He also said "You watch. He'll get 10 from midfield this season."

I said "10 what? Yellow cards?"

You know, if Smith leaves, he's fucking guaranteed to score for us, give away a penalty, and get red carded for scything down a Newcastle player who was going nowhere. Guaranteed.

FYP

Sunderland keen on £3million Smith

The former Leeds United striker was a Premier League winner with Manchester United in 2007, but he left Old Trafford for Newcastle United following this success.

He has failed to make an impression at St James Park and is often a target of the Magpies fans, and reports suggest Kevin Keegan is willing to offload him.

Everton have already been linked with a cheeky £1.5million bid for Smith, but Newcastle are said to want twice this amount which their fierce rivals are willing to pay.

source: fans.fc

I know source is s*it but...please God

Bidding war between Sunderland and Everton for him would be fantastic. Get Rangers involved too.

Sunderland/Everton "£6M and that's our final offer"

NUFC "You're twisting our arm here but ok it's a deal. By the way, would you also be interested in buying some magic beans we have for sale?"

You know, if Smith leaves, he's f***ing guaranteed to score against us. Guaranteed.

HOW? :lol:

Quite obvious. A lot of our fans would rather play with 8 players than play Smith, Duff and Milner. Against 8 men I think Smith might have more room.

You know, if Smith leaves, he's f***ing guaranteed to score against us. Guaranteed.

HOW? :lol:

Quite obvious. A lot of our fans would rather play with 8 players than play Smith, Duff and Milner. Against 8 men I think Smith might have more room.

He still wouldn't have a shot and would spend most of the match in the centre circle.

I'd take a Smith goal against us if it meant getting £3m for him and his wages off the books.

Even if it cost us the FA cup, or a place in Europe? ;)

Bah!

Got me.

Catch 22 though, we woudln't get either if Smith was a player of 20+ games a season.

:lol: I'm calling it now. Smith will score at least one goal against us. You can't feel it coming?

He hasn't even left yet! These are still unconfirmed rumours at the moment.

I was still dreaming, my fault.

Smith 08-09:

Five goals for us, or at least one goal against us.

There is a God/misguided t*** and his name is Moyes.

I really rate Moyes as a manager but some of his transfer dealings have been a little hard to figure out. Beattie, Johnson (although he's set to make a huge profit on that one) and hopefully now Smith, they all smack of buying on name rather than looking at what the player will offer your team.

To counter balance this though, he's also picked up some gems, Lescott, Arteta, Graveson and Yakubu. Kind of similar to Ferguson in his early days at Manure tbh, he bought some big names that failed back then, in fact he bought a lot of dross at first but also the odd gem to offset the duds.

Read about Everton fans' admiration of Smith : P I think he will be happier there than here to be honest.

And yes, I can feel that he will score one against us. They always do, don't they?

http://www.evertonfc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59122&sid=a4a6d7128237172565a39a6df16d16d4

EvertonJohny: for 3m that's a bargain, he (Smith) would suit our style of play so much. The partnership of Smith & Viduka was extrodinary with Kewell on the wings and Bakke in the center, that would be like

Smith & Yakubu

Arteta on the wings

Need someone for bakkes boots.

He didn't score any 1. because he didn't play striker, 2 because his team is s***

fat_lass:I never said I'd sign him did I?

But I do like the fella. I think he'd work his socks off for us. I like to see a grafter and that's exactly what he is.

Someone below mentioned £1.5 million. We'd be daft not too.

Nah, I don't want Fletcher. I'd have Smith tho.

So Fletcher is up for £1.5 million? Not Smith?

Smith is £3 million? I'd still have him.

Tremendous comments !@!@!@!@! I thought he was the worst (most disappointing) player last season for us T_T