Alan Smith

tmonkey

Guest Sniffer

We should delete every criticism of Smith from the forum and start a thread threatening to boycott SJP if Smith leaves.

Just in case Moyes takes a temperature check

Those comments are quite good from KK, he said he knew the media would say stuff, so he must know Smith is shite, he is building him up for potential transfers to teams such as Harrogate Railway?

Guest neesy111

KK:

"He's got a sore ankle.

"I knew when I left him out that it would cause you (the Press) to ask questions but I can't treat him any differently to anyone else. I haven't risked anybody.

"He's a smashing lad, he's very very popular at the club and he can play in a lot of different positions, so he's a valuable player for us."

Will someone shoot this fucker out of a cannon!  :rant:

doesn't say he will be in the side, sound's like at most he will be back-up next season, he's probably wanting to sign players before getting rid of some as well

Substance to Smith story

Having been ridiculed when it first emerged at the start of the week in the London press, Wednesday saw the alleged transfer of Alan Smith to Everton mentioned in the copy submitted by Merseyside-based journalists.

That theory was lent added credence by the consequent failure of Smith to appear for Newcastle in their home game with PSV - despite having been the only fit forward that returned from the club's trip to Mallorca.

Kevin Keegan spoke of Smith having an ankle knock when quizzed after the game and reiterated that the former Leeds and Manchester United player was in his plans.

Despite that though, claims of contact between Smith's representatives and Goodison were rife after Wednesday's game - along with a revised transfer fee of £3m being more realistic than the original bargain basement £1m.

Ultimately, the haggling between Everton and Fulham over the proposed move of Andy Johnson to Craven Cottage may prove to be crucial in deciding Smith's future.

If there's anything in it, I hope we're not haggling too much over the fee, scaring them off would be a disaster. Whatever they're offering is too much so snap their hands off.

I think its Fulham who have been haggling with Everton re Johnson.

SSN said last night that Fulham had told them to get ready as they'd hoped to announce the deal last night but the deal had hit a snag and negotiations were still ongoing between the 2 clubs.

Big Problem we have is replacing Smith as we currently have no fit strikers and the ones we have are like bolsa wood.

Unless of course KK already has someone lined up waiting for the Smith deal to go through.

Guest neesy111

I can see us getting in another striker and offloading Smith, but its things like his wages & personal terms with Everton that bother me slightly. Aren't they skint?

not skint, but exactly flush of cash at the moment

I think its Fulham who have been haggling with Everton re Johnson.

SSN said last night that Fulham had told them to get ready as they'd hoped to announce the deal last night but the deal had hit a snag and negotiations were still ongoing between the 2 clubs.

Big Problem we have is replacing Smith as we currently have no fit strikers and the ones we have are like bolsa wood.

Unless of course KK already has someone lined up waiting for the Smith deal to go through.

I'm not trying to be funny here but how much of problem is it to replace a forward who hasn't scored a goal and you could probably count the number of shots he's had on one hand and still have fingers to spare?

I really hope that Keegan is bluffing over Smith and maybe trying to get a little bit more out of Everton for him with those comments, but the problem with that is, that IF the deal does go through the tabloids will be all over them saying Keegan has no say over transfers and he didn't know it was happening.

I really hope that Keegan is bluffing over Smith and maybe trying to get a little bit more out of Everton for him with those comments, but the problem with that is, that IF the deal does go through the tabloids will be all over them saying Keegan has no say over transfers and he didn't know it was happening.

i think we're getting close to the point where those inside the club dont give a fuck what the press say, which i believe was always the intention of the media blackout, and fair play to them i say

fwiw, just got this from an everton fan

looks like he is definetley coming as well, for £2-3 million. To be fair if he can regain the form he had at Leeds and at stages during his time at United then it could turn out to be a great bit of business. If he plays like he did last season then it will be the most pointless signing ever. Think Moyes wants him just as a squad player, he's quite versatile i guess

Like i said yesterday, far too good to be true.

IF this did happen, i actually think we will get about 4m for him. They can have him for pennies as far as i care.

They are sentiments which also apply to Newcastle United midfielder Smith and sources in the North East have indicated it is a question of ‘when’ not ‘if’ he joins the Blues in a deal that is likely to cost around £2m.

Smith was pulled out of Newcastle’s squad for their friendly last night against PSV Eindhoven – Toon boss Kevin Keegan insisted that that was due to an ankle injury – and he is now expected to talk terms with the Blues.

:celb:

I still don't believe it. :hmm:

Dave,

Would you please confirm on your Newcastle Fan website that Everton fans are not impressed with Newcastle FC dumping their unwanted players on our club when we are struggling to buy any players at all let alone £60k per week has-beens that you can’t afford to keep!

What is Moyes thinking about????? – that’s two lazy bastards up front now with Yakubu and Smith in a dynamic striking partnership!!!!

:laugh: