Alan Smith

tmonkey

No excuse for starting him as far as I can see.

We've got Martins to play up top and we can use either Duff or Milner playing just off, so barring a rash of late injuries starting Smith would be a terrible decision, given how poor he's been in pre-season.

We've got Martins to play up top and we can use either Duff or Milner playing just off, so barring a rash of late injuries starting Smith would be a terrible decision, given how poor he's been in pre-season.

pre,last and previous

pre,last and previous

Pre-natal as well probably, the little cunt. :angry:

I still think he'll leave.

I don't think Keegan would want to lose him and Ameobi if another striker wasn't signed up, so he'll get rid of Shola, get a replacement in then Smith will go towards the end of the window, I can't see him wanting to stay here if he was 5th choice anyway tbh.

Guest Phil K

be nothing short of a massive f***ing joke if he starts

Agreed.

And I too will be desperate that Everton put in a bid for Smith after being played off the park at home today.

Very telling I think that Duff has replaced Smith as fourth choice striker, and that Smith didn't even come off the bench. I don't think Keegan rates him, and Smith will be taking that wage cut Everton are offering him by September 1st.

Very telling I think that Duff has replaced Smith as fourth choice striker, and that Smith didn't even come off the bench. I don't think Keegan rates him, and Smith will be taking that wage cut Everton are offering him by September 1st.

You'd think Smith would ask for a transfer. That's why he left Man U to come to us, to get regular games. If Everton want him surely he'd rather go there to play than sit on our bench?

You'd think Smith would ask for a transfer. That's why he left Man U to come to us, to get regular games. If Everton want him surely he'd rather go there to play than sit on our bench?

He wouldn't play here either when everyone is fit, even though our squad is tiny.

The last rumour I heard on this was that Moyes wasn't happy with Smith's attitude and lack of willingness to drop his wage for a move to go through.

He wouldn't play here either when everyone is fit, even though our squad is tiny.

The last rumour I heard on this was that Moyes wasn't happy with Smith's attitude and lack of willingness to drop his wage for a move to go through.

The only reason I thought he would get a game at Everton was because Moyes supposedly wanted to buy him (therefore you would assume that he would want to play him).

If Smith and Ameobi went it would actually improve the squad.  I'd love to see Keegan say

"Best of luck to Alan Smith.  Since I've been here his attitude and work rate have been fantastic and he's a great pro to have around the dressing room.  So it's shame that he's a terrible footballer and a useless striker and I can't do a thing with him.  Still we wish him well and we look forward to playing against him."