OK it was a poor performance and result BUT

stozo

We're not looking for champagne football, just some sign that the manager knows what he's doing would be enough.

He is NOT learning from his mistakes and hasn't learned from them from day one. That is a major major concern. If Allardyce thinks he'll get time picking a team like today's and putting in performances like today's, he's having a laugh and he can't complain either.

We're not looking for champagne football, just some sign that the manager knows what he's doing would be enough.

He is NOT learning from his mistakes and hasn't learned from them from day one. That is a major major concern. If Allardyce thinks he'll get time picking a team like today's and putting in performances like today's, he's having a laugh and he can't complain either.

Ridding the squad of:

Titus

Sibierski

Moore

Babayaro

Srnicek

Dyer

Bringing in the likes of:

Faye - Best defender at former club

Beye - Captain of Champions league side

Caçapa - See Beye

Viduka - Bags of PL experience, natural goalscorer

Fully improved the scouting network. We now have scouts all round Europe and we're looking to snap up young English talent.

Massive improvement in fitness levels of squad, which have been vital in recent weeks.

He's not had a chance to get the players he wanted over the summer, mainly due to the fact that the man he signed up to work alongside was removed within weeks of him getting the job, and replaced by total strangers to the region, the sport and to himself.

Give him time. If someone had offered me what we have now, this time last year, i'd have snapped their hands off.

Ridding the squad of:

Titus

Sibierski

Moore

Babayaro

Srnicek

Dyer

Caçapa - See Beye

Fully improved the scouting network. We now have scouts all round Europe and we're looking to snap up young English talent.

Massive improvement in fitness levels of squad, which have been vital in recent weeks.

He's not had a chance to get the players he wanted over the summer, mainly due to the fact that the man he signed up to work alongside was removed within weeks of him getting the job, and replaced by total strangers to the region, the sport and to himself.

Give him time. If someone had offered me what we have now, this time last year, i'd have snapped their hands off.

I don't doubt any of it which is why I certainly wouldn't advocate sacking him. But his current selection policy will not get us results and as I say, he is not learning.

Ridding the squad of:

Titus

Sibierski

Moore

Babayaro

Srnicek

Dyer

Caçapa - See Beye

Bringing in Viduka - short term, good signing. No sign of any long term plans up front yet.

BArton - poor, paid too much.

Smith - shit

Geremi - super shit

Cacapa - poor

Beye - good beye, for once (see what i did there?)

Rozenhal - poor

Enriqie - made out of plywood

Faye - average, very very average. When he actually plays.

And for that? - £25m. HE's fucking pathetic, is Fat Head. Give him time? No. He's got no flexibilty, no sense, and no plan b. Its like watching McClaren, only with better hair.

Oh, and his formations, tactics and team selections have been SHITE. Repeatedly, and he's not learning. Fact.

Bringing in Viduka - short term, good signing. No sign of any long term plans up front yet.

Smith - s***

Geremi - super s***

Cacapa - poor

Rozenhal - poor

And for that? - £25m. HE's f****** pathetic, is Fat Head. Give him time? No. He's got no flexibilty, no sense, and no plan b. Its like watching McClaren, only with better hair.

Oh, and his formations, tactics and team selections have been s****. Repeatedly, and he's not learning. Fact.

Class post. I think we are Man Utd if using such kinda standard to evaluate the team.

Ridding the squad of:

Titus

Sibierski

Moore

Babayaro

Srnicek

Dyer

Caçapa - See Beye

Smith - shit

Geremi - super shit

Cacapa - poor

Rozenhal - poor

And for that? - £25m. HE's fucking pathetic, is Fat Head. Give him time? No. He's got no flexibilty, no sense, and no plan b. Its like watching McClaren, only with better hair.

Oh, and his formations, tactics and team selections have been SHITE. Repeatedly, and he's not learning. Fact.

One of these rare times i agree with NM and laughed !

Still 9th with probably the most difficult 19 last games of all the teams in the league.

Chelsea twice, Man U twice then Tottenham, Everton, Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool and West Ham  all away

We'd be lucky to get a single point from all that lot.

Still 9th with probably the most difficult 19 last games of all the teams in the league.

Chelsea twice, Man U twice then Tottenham, Everton, Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool and West Ham  all away

I actually agree with that, maybe something at West Ham

I actually agree with that, maybe something at West Ham

Feeling totally negative about the team right now. Just as much as the Arsenal game was a turning point, Derby was a game that brought us right back down. It should of been 3pts, if we can't take 3pts off a Derby team in that state then we truly are screwed when we play all them above, all which have better squads and the ones we are nearer to in terms of quality having home advantage.

Games like Reading, Boro at home are MASSIVE for us now, having just drew at home against Derby though i dont know what to think of the out come in those games, ill be at the Boro one so from a personal point of view its huge.

Jewel is gutted they didn't win because of his side's shoddy defending.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/7158867.stm

Jewell told BBC Radio Derby: "We showed real good commitment, terrific energy and decent football.

"But we gave playground goals away. The goals we conceded were horrendous."

"The fundamental basics of football have caught us out. It's been a trait of ours all season and something that we can't afford to do." 

He reckons we can play the "fundamental basics of football" though. So that's a positive isn't it?

Isn't it?

After reading most of the posts made in the last 12-15 hours, it is obvious now that Allardyce is on the last of his 9 lives.

Wherever you look, be it this site or others, it is clear that many fans are now of the opinion that Allardyce will never cut it as manager at SJP ; his team selections and formations, as much as anything else, have baffled and angered supporters, who(rightly in my view)see his intransigent approach as arrogance - AND ignorance.

Once you lose the fans at SJP, you have lost the job, and Allardyce has brought much of the current anger from fans on his own head by his reported comments in both Press & Mag interview.

It is clear that both sides view the other with a fair degree of contempt, and that cannot last..

After the Arsenal game, he was given another chance by fans who , despite their inner feelings, felt he deserved a fair chance at the job - which indeed any manager does, but I believe those fans have now given up on him.

He cannot)and in my view, WILL not) be sacked this season, but I wouldn't bet buttons on him being manager next year - the .next half season will be full of difficult games, and at this time I cannot see the results being there to save his skin.

The only hopes i have now is that Sam feels so much pressure that he goes against his tactics and formations, stops trying to look intelligent and just does it the obvious way i.e. players in their correct positions, dropping players who seem to have untouchable status etc. If he does that we will pick up a good few points, finish with over 50 and get into the top 8.

The only hopes i have now is that Sam feels so much pressure that he goes against his tactics and formations, stops trying to look intelligent and just does it the obvious way i.e. players in their correct positions, dropping players who seem to have untouchable status etc. If he does that we will pick up a good few points, finish with over 50 and get into the top 8.

i don't think some of those players are good enough for the top 8. Only 2 defenders seem to be, for example. And one striker.

The ONLY good thing about Fat Bastard being in charge is that Ashley/Mort didn't employ him, so will hopefully be more inclined to let him go. You don't get to be as rich as Ashley by continuing to let idiots like Allardyce manage your businesses.

Come on Mike, you want to be "one of the fans" - so act on the feelings of the majority, and get rid of the useless manager you were lumbered with. And don't, under any circumstances, give him any more money.

i don't think some of those players are good enough for the top 8. Only 2 defenders seem to be, for example. And one striker.

The ONLY good thing about Fat Bastard being in charge is that Ashley/Mort didn't employ him, so will hopefully be more inclined to let him go. You don't get to be as rich as Ashley by continuing to let idiots like Allardyce manage your businesses.

Come on Mike, you want to be "one of the fans" - so act on the feelings of the majority, and get rid of the useless manager you were lumbered with. And don't, under any circumstances, give him any more money.

Is it really the feelings of the majority though? The poll 'To sack or not sack' on here seemed to suggest otherwise iirc.

Is it really the feelings of the majority though? The poll 'To sack or not sack' on here seemed to suggest otherwise iirc.

I think most would feel it's sensible to see the season out and have a look at things then. Personally I think he will be sacked at the end of the campaign, because he's not going to pick up enough results due to his myopic vision of how the game should be played. The football was shocking yesterday, the only tactic was to launch the ball long then try and scramble a goal from the melee. Against Derby.

In May this year this club was a fucking shambles both on and off the pitch. Since then everything has changed but like most things time is needed before we can fully reap the rewards. In my opinion, the OTT nature of the fans discontent just doesn't correspond with our position in the league or our performances on the pitch.

People have got ideas above their station and somehow think that a new manager, new owner and new batch of players will instantly lift us into the top 8. Newsflash - it wont. Why? Because we're not a top half side and haven't been for sometime. We need time to build and Allardyce proved at Bolton he's capable of building a club. Some of his selections have been baffling and his tactics certainly aren't easy on the eye but we haven't got the quality through out the squad to play this one touch brand of football. Good managers don't just become bad managers over night and some of the inroads we're making off the pitch (poaching good young talent from here and abroad, improved fitness levels, team bonding trips etc.) are all down to Allardyce. They were part of the package we were asking for when he came in.

Patience is a virtue and it's one that is sorely needed here at the minute because if we do get rid of BSA at the end of the season we'll be sitting here moaning about the exact same thing at the exact same time of year when the next manager comes in. As Everton, Pompy, Villa, Man United, Blackburn and Bolton under Sam have proved, continuity is often one of the keys to success.

In May this year this club was a f****** shambles both on and off the pitch. Since then everything has changed but like most things time is needed before we can fully reap the rewards. In my opinion, the OTT nature of the fans discontent just doesn't correspond with our position in the league or our performances on the pitch.

People have got ideas above their station and somehow think that a new manager, new owner and new batch of players will instantly lift us into the top 8. Newsflash - it wont. Why? Because we're not a top half side and haven't been for sometime. We need time to build and Allardyce proved at Bolton he's capable of building a club. Some of his selections have been baffling and his tactics certainly aren't easy on the eye but we haven't got the quality through out the squad to play this one touch brand of football. Good managers don't just become bad managers over night and some of the inroads we're making off the pitch (poaching good young talent from here and abroad, improved fitness levels, team bonding trips etc.) are all down to Allardyce. They were part of the package we were asking for when he came in.

Patience is a virtue and it's one that is sorely needed here at the minute because if we do get rid of BSA at the end of the season we'll be sitting here moaning about the exact same thing at the exact same time of year when the next manager comes in. As Everton, Pompy, Villa, Man United, Blackburn and Bolton under Sam have proved, continuity is often one of the keys to success.

News archive footage - we were a top 7 side merely a year and a half ago, and the only players of significance missing from that squad when Allardyce took over were Bowyer & an ageing Shearer . Unless you think we only achieved that due to the management & tactical skills of Souness & Roeder?

In May this year this club was a f****** shambles both on and off the pitch. Since then everything has changed but like most things time is needed before we can fully reap the rewards. In my opinion, the OTT nature of the fans discontent just doesn't correspond with our position in the league or our performances on the pitch.

News archive footage - we were a top 7 side merely a year and a half ago, and the only players of significance missing from that squad when Allardyce took over were Bowyer & an ageing Shearer . Unless you think we only achieved that due to the management & tactical skills of Souness & Roeder?

You missed out Bramble.

I think we achieved it due to a wave of optimism surrounding the club with the potential appointment of a 'world class manager', many of whom had applied for the job the second Souness was ejected from the SJP hot seat if Fat Fred was to be believed. This meant there was little or no pressure of Rodders or the team, as most fan had already written the season off.

Anyway, Roeder seems to do that at every club he joins. I'm sure he dabbles in the dark arts.

In May this year this club was a fucking shambles both on and off the pitch. Since then everything has changed but like most things time is needed before we can fully reap the rewards. In my opinion, the OTT nature of the fans discontent just doesn't correspond with our position in the league or our performances on the pitch.

I agree to a large extent. I think we're in a far stronger position on most fronts than we were 12 months ago, but I'm far from happy with everything Allardyce has done so far. I'd give him time.