Given - Beaten Easily From Long Range Again.

Crumpy Gunt

Wait until Haper messes up you will all be crying for Given back.

Harper has played well and deserves his place in the team on merit, I'll be happy if he starts next season in goal regardless of if he messes up as he doesn't do it often enough to be a problem.

Shay is a player who has been loyal to us over the years (I'm sure he's had offers)and I think it would be a great shame if we didn't show the same loyalty.

There is NO loyalty in Football - ask KK how Shankly got rid of long-serving players at Liverpool when he thought they were finished - and quite right too.

I would be looking for a replacement for Given now, he is not the keeper he was and Harper deserves to be No 1 ; should never have been dropped by Allardyce.

Shay is a player who has been loyal to us over the years (I'm sure he's had offers)and I think it would be a great shame if we didn't show the same loyalty.

That's a funny sentiment.  I would wager Harper has been more "loyal" to us over the years - playing second fiddle for long periods of time when he's obviously just as good of a keeper.

I don't see the problem personally. Both excellent keepers, Shays had a poor season that's all. No coincidence that it's happened in a season where he's been blighted by injury.

However Harpers earned his place as our no1, if Shay wants it back then he can earn it. That's how football works. If not we have Forster and Krul waiting in the wings. No need to go out and splash on a new keeper, in fact thats the last thing i want to do.

When Harper is No 1 at NUFC you know its time to look for a new keeper.

I know you don't like Harper but you can't argue with his performances this season imo.

With Harper in his currrent form, if we need to look for a new first choice keeper then so do most other Premiership clubs.

Guest shearer_united

Tim Krul had a good debut against Palermo, might be worth giving him a game in the Premiership.

I agree. He deserves playing in the Premiership for us, at least for a few games to see how well the premiership's style of play suits him.

When Harper is No 1 at NUFC you know its time to look for a new keeper.

I know you don't like Harper but you can't argue with his performances this season imo.

With Harper in his currrent form, if we need to look for a new first choice keeper then so do most other Premiership clubs.

Agreed. He's been good all season bar a couple of early mistakes, under KK he's been bloody brilliant if you ask me.

We'd all be more than happy for Shay to be doing so well.

• 4 months later...

a bit ridiculous to call him out on being a bit off his line as the shot came out of nowhere to begin with. you would expect a 4 man defence to deal with that fumble outside the area and clear the ball. instead it fell to the feet of morrisson who hit it perfectly into the top corner.

shay has been outstanding since coming back, and has had a hand in all 3 of our results so far. people might want to start looking at his positives a bit instead of boring us with negative whinging

I'm glad that Given seemed to have rediscovered his form, but this does not change the fact that he was shit with long range shots for quite a number of games last season. Anyway long may Given's current form continue.