The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

the one thing that is keeping my hopes up is the fact that the club has kept things quiet on the transfer front, info has usually been leaked or announced from the other club in proceedings rather than us, for instance from Lazio for Rozehnal, Derby for Barnes, Sissoko from himself, Brno for Kalouda, Swindon for Tozer, the swedish keeper, the slovak lad on trial. Only news of Zamblera and Kadar has been reported first locally and in Zamblera's case they didn't know the specific individual we were after.

This window has been horrible, just horrible.

Still no sign of a right back?

Nope. I knew there wouldn't be as soon as they said Mellberg was staying till the end of the season.

How the fuck is it possible to fail to find one in 18 months? So fucking frustrating.

Guest kingdawson

Apparently  we're trying to get Gardner from Spurs to replace Stubbs ???

he's actually quite a good player tbh. Very fast and can tackle well but he's more injury prone than woodgate, and he also suffers from lapses of concentration (which usually result in a goal). Good squad player though.

Nope. I knew there wouldn't be as soon as they said Mellberg was staying till the end of the season.

How the f*** is it possible to fail to find one in 18 months? So f****** frustrating.

Steve Carr, done deal,  I'm telling you!

Guest DONTOONER

hmmmm would the window have being any different if we had shearer or some other manager here?

Think we would t least got a foreign midfielder..

How the f*** is it possible to fail to find one in 18 months? So f****** frustrating.

The thing though is with Mellberg staying till the summer it was always likely that MON was going to wait till then, especially as England's Curtis Davies is doing so well.

We should have ditched Taylor and signed CD to be honest, or just signed him anyway.

Guest kingdawson

Stalteri to Fulham

Chimbonda to Villa on loan

Gardner to Everton on loan

Where's this from? suprised if we let Chimbonda go out on loan (the other 2 are possible though).

The thing though is with Mellberg staying till the summer it was always likely that MON was going to wait till then, especially as England's Curtis Davies is doing so well.

We should have ditched Taylor and signed CD to be honest, or just signed him anyway.

Mellberg is fine defensively at RB but offers nothing going forward. We've had plenty of cover at CB. So fucking annoying.