Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Love the sudden opinion that Man City are some untouchable monster club... they've done well for half a f****** season, most people outside of England probably don't even know they exist.

Reason Modric could come here is not because we've done well for half a season.

Its because on of his best mates already plays for us.

Not that I'd advocate spending £20m on him. :crazy2:

To be clear I wasn't saying he wouldn't go to Man City.  I was just commenting on what a couple of people have said in this thread about Newcastle having no chance to sign a player if Man City are after him, which is ludicrous really.

Love the sudden opinion that Man City are some untouchable monster club... they've done well for half a f****** season, most people outside of England probably don't even know they exist.

Was the same for Tottenham tbf.

Exactly, and they still kept losing players to us..  Some of the negativity on here makes me sick.

Apparently his agent is holding a press conference at 3 tomorrow to announce where he is going.

I have a link but its in croatian and has a video that shows him playing embedded. :ninja:

From my somewhat limited knowledge of croatian I think its between "Manchester Cityjem", "Tottenhamom", "Arsenalom", "Chelseaom" and "Newcastleom".

doubt its Newcastleom

it is actually :coolsmiley:

it's also correct that the mamic brothers (dinamo bosses) have indeed scheduled a press conference tomorrow, on which they're bound to reveal the next modric destination. Regarding the 20million price tag that's circulating, it's probably a little exaggerated, as it was with the two latest dinamo transfers, that of eduardo and corluka. but the price is still/will be pretty high, but mind you, it's worth every cent. few words about the man himself: he's an excellent playmaker, uses both feet, has a killer pass, very technical, somewhat fragile on physique but it's compensated with agility and plain footy wits. He's also a tireless runner, resulting in being called the "engine" of both dinamo and the croatian national team for the last couple of years. he's arguably the biggest croatian talent since the boban&prosinecki duo.

i think he'd be a great asset to you guys, since there's a worrying lack of flair on your roster. too few quality passers in there as i see it. i doubt and basically dislike the idea of him finishing at chelsea, hopefully leaving a trio of clubs where he might end up tomorrow. i'd like to see him end up on tyneside for a few reasons, one's that i want the kid to go to a club where he'll establish himself as a regular in a heartbeat, second's that i have a softspot for newcastle ever since the mid 90's, actually newcastle was the first foreign team i started following beside the local dinamo zagreb.  anyways, modric's an excellent player, who'd be a great division even in a $$ side like chelsea. who knows, i'll be crossing my fingers he ends up here :thup:

http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/suigraci-tvrde-modric-potpisao-za-newcastle/369394.aspx

it's in croatian, summed up translation would be:

mamic brothers said the city is out of equation, leaving all other options viable.

next, a teammate of modric, josip tadic, has apparently told a good buddy of his (and press as always intercepted the info, god knows how) that modric has indeed pledged his future to newcastle. then the reporter says how newcastle indeed have the necessary cash and are/were looking for a playmaker.

still crossing my fingers O0

James, Baggio gets jealous whenever someone mentions a player he doesn't know.

Yes, perhaps I should talk about how great a player is without having seen him play like you do.

Like the time you accused match going Mackems of being wrong about Danny Simpson's performances for them when you hadn't even seen him play for them yourself.

The website is about as reliable as tribal.

And how would a non-Croatian like yourself know that?

I am Croatian, i live in Leedia.

Name:  Enrique

Custom Title: TAFKA Alberto

Position: Arcade access members

Date Registered: December 23, 2005, 02:35:23 PM

Last Active: Today at 12:25:15 AM

AIM:

MSN:

YIM:

Email: hidden

Current Status: Online Online

Local Time: December 29, 2007, 12:26:20 AM

The avatar gives you away as English.

AIM:

MSN:

YIM:

Think he might've been joking.

Yes, perhaps I should talk about how great a player is without having seen him play like you do.

Like the time you accused match going Mackems of being wrong about Danny Simpson's performances for them when you hadn't even seen him play for them yourself.

Eih? I had not seen him playing myself? Do you still want to persist in your stupid childish way and go down this route again?

Danny Simpson shite in Sunderland? Yeah Johny Evan shite in Sunderland as well.

What else Baggio?

AIM:

MSN:

YIM:

That's Vickit Gomersuka from Croatian news SK.

Is that near Yorkia

Edit. I apologise for being flippant. Its late

No it's Yorluka not Yorkia, I don't like Yorluka.

AIM:

MSN:

YIM:

No shit. You reckon?  ???

Eih? I had not seen him playing myself? Do you still want to persist in your stupid childish way and go down this route again?

Danny Simpson shite in Sunderland? Yeah Johny Evan shite in Sunderland as well.

What else Baggio?

You were the one who had the dig at me accusing me of getting jealous for some reason, perhaps you should think before doing it again if you're going to get so touchy when I reply.