Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

;D

mamic brothers to hollywood, honestly:)

looks like he signed a pre-contract with someone though, let's wait and see who it is.

Are they announcing today or in like 4 months or something? :lol:

good question:)

tbh i haven't got a clue, i'll wait for a full conference summary before answering that one:)

Basically Zagreb want a rediculous price for him, and no-one is willing to meet it. So they'll keep him. Its not 'his' decision to stay.

iirc Sven was quoted 20m Euro's or summat.

Well Arsenal paid £16m or so for Eduardo? And we paid 7 or 8 for Charlie. They don't give em away. And this kid is as highly thought of as anyone.

They paid about £8m for Eduardo.

From BBC "Dinamo president Mirko Barisic claims the fee amounts to £16.25m but BBC Sport understands it is around £7.5m".

So...erm...ya. ???

IIRC it was a mistranslation, he said something along the lines of "Arsenal have spent some of the £16m they received for Henry on him" and the translators omitted the words "some of". Could easily be wrong though :lol:

well, the summary would go something like this:

- elder mamic brother, the actual behind-the-scenes boss of dinamo, came out and told the news reporters straight away that modric is staying where he is

- modric got a higher wage, and was named by mamic as as a key figure in the clubs everlasting ambition to reach a spring phase in the uefa cup, something the club

hasn't achieved in nearly 40 years, which has also become somewhat of a dinamo-curse, well you guys should know something about curses  :undecided:

- anyway, mamic went on saying that he'll deliver what he'd promised to the fans, to break that "curse", and that modric staying put was the first step towards that goal

- apparently there were rooftop offers on the table, but mamic brothers were determined not to let him go

- ever since the sale of eduardo&corluka, the mamic brothers were abused heavily by the fans ( dinamo's fans actually have a saying "nema predaje!", which means "no surrendering, no giving up!", so the mamic brothers started the season with their own motto "nema prodaje", which means "no sale", but immediately after they sold both eduardo and corluka, leaving only modric behind, who was arguably the most valued one of the big dinamo "three"

- who knows, maybe they're actually making a statement here, or maybe they're indeed pumping up the price for the summer market, i guess only the blues brothers know

anyway, looks like the saga continues, in all honesty i'm slightly dissapointed, even though i'm a dinamo fan i think it's time for the kid to move on to better things.

would've been nice to see him in a newcastle jersey. tnx for reading up & good luck in prem, put one behind chelsea today aswell;)

cheers

• 3 months later...

Well this one has returned with a vengeance.

http://www.jutarnji.hr/sport/nogomet/clanak/art-2008,4,23,,117074.jl

One more link, the title indicates that the fee was arranged but the basic wage offered wasn't big enough.

Well basically all these reports say that Modric's agents flew to Newcastle yesterday (Ashley's private plane apparently) and met with Peter Harrison.

Newcastle are said to be prepared to offload around 20-25m, which tops the bids of Liverpool, Tottenham etc.

Then it says that Newcastle have however offered lowest basic wage, upon which the talks have stalled.

Seeing as almost every news portal here in Croatia posted this news, there's bound to be truth in it.

Had this guy confused with Lubos Kalouda. I don't think I've ever heard of him. Read the wiki, and I'm hesitant to check youtube. Has anyone here seen him play?

Only when he played against England on both occasions.

Had this guy confused with Lubos Kalouda. I don't think I've ever heard of him. Read the wiki, and I'm hesitant to check youtube. Has anyone here seen him play?

I haven't seen him myself, but the Croatians seem to rate him higher than the likes of Kranjcar, Eduardo and Corluka.

Only when he played against England on both occasions.

The guy's extremely highly rated across Europe.