Do you respect any of our players?

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

How many of the players give a shit what we think would probably have been a better question.

I think a good few do give a shit, but of a different kind, i.e. they want to be loved and buzz off the adulation, but they stick their fingers in their ears when the truth is being told. I guess they are not too different in that sense to us after all, human nature and all that.

This may not resonate with those who don't think the players bare the most responsibility for their own performances and are merely puppets in the grand design of the manager, but I would collectively have a lot more respect for the squad if I thought their efforts this season had been adequate.  And they haven't. 

Beye and Faye seem like dedicated professionals, which I can respect.  I can also respect Given's service to the club.  But we also seem to have a lot of motivationally challenged wasters at this club.  And some annoying thugs.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Given for his commitment to the club, N'Zogbia for his talent, Milner because of his work rate and there are not many after that who have done enough to earn the respect of the fans.