Chelsea 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 29/12/07 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

thought Duff had a decent game when everyone was moving about, counter attacking and open for passes, however when he got down to the corner and people were waiting for crosses he'd faff about to no avail. the kind of player who needs loads of movement off him as he'll thrive in the space they create but when space is tight i'm not sure he's got the ability to fashion chances. still looks a better option than Milner tho.

SO SO SO SO SO SO SO PISSED OFF!!!!He was at least 5 yards offside!Was saying as well hate that cunting big nose Mike Reily always gives the desicons to the Chelseas and Man utds!!Should never have taken off Oba!But in saying that hats off the lads,deserved at least the draw!Faye was outstanding,everyone was except for Milner was poor enough,Zogs defending but was good going forward,Smith wasn great and we played way better when he was subbed!Cacapa was very good I thought as well!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :weep:

I thought Milner played well, I dont think anyone apart from perhaps Martins played poorly. Beye would be my man of the match though.  Not unrealistic to call him world class from what I've seen so far.

Guest Knightrider

I'm actually angry at the fact that it took Allardyce THAT long to realise that Zoggy is an LW.

Ironically he did f*** all when he become a LW.

It was when Martins was taken off and our wonderous manager ridiculously decided to play for a draw, actually.

Owen was a positive move. Martins was poor.

We didn't lose because of that move.

If you genuinely believe that and aren't just trying to defend the gaffer, then you were watching a different game to me.

I'm not defending the manager, we did not lose the match because we brought Martins off.

Oh and hindsight is great...

Don't criticize the players or the manager! They don't deserve it this time.. I am so relieved we showed some passion AND class today!! Not all the time, but enough. It hurts to lose a point like that, but I still think we "won" even more today.. I mean the 2nd half performance and that OFFSIDE goal.. those two things are definitely gonna fire the players up for the next one....

And that m*****r fu**ing official is gonna get what he deserves, one way or another!!

I'm actually angry at the fact that it took Allardyce THAT long to realise that Zoggy is an LW.

It was when Martins was taken off and our wonderous manager ridiculously decided to play for a draw, actually.

Martins was at least worrying Chelsea, they knew they couldn't really push on and go at us for fear of leaving him room to run into.

Bringing Owen into a game like this was about the most stupid thing Sam could have done, for reasons Rich has explained already so I won't revisit them.

We lost the momentum when Martins went off. We lost cos the lines man got distracted by a bag of money being waved in front of him.

Hear hear. How anyone can blame SA today is beyond me. I think he deserves as much credit as the players for the way they were set up and played today. I think he is absolutely right too about N'Zogbia - he has much more room to attack sides when breaking into space from left back. Oh, and Given was excellent today. As he usually is.

Bringing Owen was a bit of a stupid move agreed, espically because we played him upfront alone, he's shit in the air, physically weak and can barley make a challenge, he's like a 12 yearold so why the fuck let him play alone against the Chelsea defence, Viduka could've done far better at that postion than Owen.

We lost ourselves that game by doing what we always do, grab a goal then sit back and try to defend it. Reading, Blackburn, Chelsea, Man City. And what do all those away games have in common? We had a lead/result and ended up having lost all of them.

We aren't a good enough side to sit on a result, especially at Chelsea. Offside or not, the goal was inevitable - I was actually waiting for it to happen.

Their first goal was a clear hand ball and their second was 4 yards offside, Martins was clearly blocked in the box (although someone said obstruction in the box only gives an indirect freekick).  I know they had more chances than us but they missed them, they were their own undoing but we were undone by referee decisions.

Unlucky not to get the draw or even get a win. We played really well and allardyce went for the win but i think in the end we were tired as fuck.

The linesman should be shot like

Guest Knightrider

Martins was at least worrying Chelsea, they knew they couldn't really push on and go at us for fear of leaving him room to run into.

Bringing Owen into a game like this was about the most stupid thing Sam could have done, for reasons Rich has explained already so I won't revisit them.

And if he bagged the winner?

All hail the tactical masterstroke.

I've defended Sam quite a bit and i very much want to see him stay, but he threw away any opportunity to win the game today when we could have done (again), and he put ourselves in danger. We needed two strikers, he was set with one and brought on an extra centre-back instead. Bad decision.

If you genuinely believe that and aren't just trying to defend the gaffer, then you were watching a different game to me.

I'm not defending the manager, we did not lose the match because we brought Martins off.

Oh and hindsight is great...

Did you even watch the game, or were you listening to it on Radio Newcastle?

The whole style of our play changed/had to change when Owen came on, we went from looking likely to score a 2nd to sitting back behind the ball with absolutely no outlet at all. If you watched the game, then how the bloody hell can you not see that?

Guest The Libertine

What another s*** arsed christmas for nufc yet again!  Lets get a gypsy to piss on our corner flags because it's beyond a joke now

or uri geller to run around the ground

Oh, another note about N'zogbia, forget him being able to get more space attacking from deep, he is an attrocious defender.  You know you're in trouble when SWP makes him look a fool in the air.

And if he bagged the winner?

All hail the tactical masterstroke.

He didn't though, did he? Drives me mad when people say things like this to counter an argument.

Guest The Libertine

that chelsea starting line up probably cost over 100 million.

Not really.

google the players. if not 100 million then very close.