Chelsea 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 29/12/07 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

Hope Sam sacks and we bring in Shearer that takes us down to CC. Thats what I hope!

Jesus

He would be my choice.

Not so good on crosses apparently.

I thought he was famous for his cross, personally.

Hope Sam sacks and we bring in Shearer that takes us down to CC. Thats what I hope!

Jesus

He would be my choice.

Nailed on.  :cheesy:

Jesus

He would be my choice.

Nailed on.  :cheesy:

mackems.gif

Within two posts you go from having a go at the fans to wishing us relegation, have a word with yourself.   bluelaugh.gif

Thought he was being sarcastic?

Jesus

He would be my choice.

Anyway. Related to the Shepherds in some way, inee? Might be best to avoid.

Well anyway. I'm looking forward to going to see the City game now. Crowd and the team should be up for it, a la Blackburn/Arsenal.

Birmingham ?

Losing at Blackburn, playing well against Arsenal.

Losing at Chelsea, playing well against Man City.

Nice logic. :lol:

That's what happened wasn't it? A good performance at Blackburn with an unlucky result stirred the fans up and we were well up for it against Arsenal. Man City haven't won away from home so we've got every chance of winning.

Is that the rule in football then? One in, one out? Give your head a shake. :lol:

No, and stop being so f****** patronising. That's not what i said.

We were unlucky against Blackburn and deserved a lot more out of the game, which stirred the players and the fans up and made the need and 'desire', i suppose, to go out and win the next game more greater. If we'd got bummed off Chelsea and played utter s****, there'd be a different outlook towards the next game, atleast by the support.

If you say so.

he's right like

No two games are the same. Football doesn't work in patterns. Just because we came out against Arsenal all guns blazing on the back of a defeat to Blackburn where we played well, doesn't mean it'll happen again a month later. It's possible, but not logical. Since when has it worked like that in the past?

Well anyway. I'm looking forward to going to see the City game now. Crowd and the team should be up for it, a la Blackburn/Arsenal.

Birmingham ?

Losing at Blackburn, playing well against Arsenal.

Losing at Chelsea, playing well against Man City.

Nice logic. :lol:

That's what happened wasn't it? A good performance at Blackburn with an unlucky result stirred the fans up and we were well up for it against Arsenal. Man City haven't won away from home so we've got every chance of winning.

Is that the rule in football then? One in, one out? Give your head a shake. :lol:

No, and stop being so f****** patronising. That's not what i said.

We were unlucky against Blackburn and deserved a lot more out of the game, which stirred the players and the fans up and made the need and 'desire', i suppose, to go out and win the next game more greater. If we'd got bummed off Chelsea and played utter s****, there'd be a different outlook towards the next game, atleast by the support.

If you say so.

he's right like

No two games are the same. Football doesn't work in patterns. Just because we came out against Arsenal all guns blazing on the back of a defeat to Blackburn where we played well, doesn't mean it'll happen again a month later. It's possible, but not logical. Since when has it worked like that in the past?

If he means there was some cause for optimism from today which could carry over into the Man City game I think he's right. You're right there's no guarentee patterns are repeated but I don't think Yorkie was saying what he said purely because there's bound to be some inevitable symmetry.

i cant believe pople are whinging so much about a 2-1 defeat to Chelsea.

Oh ok. We played decent except when we dropped back, Chelsea scored offside goal and won 2-1. Thread ends here, no need for discussion at all really. Let's lock it.

End of the world stuff tbh.  This forum reads like the book of revelations sometimes.

I find a problem with this forum often is that a lot of people like to take results in isolation. Sam got a lot right today, but it was the same old story tactically in the end. We invited unnecessary pressure when we had them rocked back and not only let Chelsea off the hook but there was only one team going to win it in the last 20, when 15 minutes prior to that, their fans were booing them and they were looking very rattled.

I'd have said that if we'd got the point, which would nevertheless have been an excellent result, albeit against one of the weakest Chelsea league sides in memory, another reason not to be scared of them.

Sam is still not learning these lessons. For such a strong character, he isn't half a coward when it comes to trying to win games.

End of the world stuff tbh.  This forum reads like the book of revelations sometimes.

I find a problem with this forum often is that a lot of people like to take results in isolation. Sam got a lot right today, but it was the same old story tactically in the end. We invited unnecessary pressure when we had them rocked back and not only let Chelsea off the hook but there was only one team going to win it in the last 20, when 15 minutes prior to that, their fans were booing them and they were looking very rattled.

I'd have said that if we'd got the point, which would nevertheless have been an excellent result, albeit against one of the weakest Chelsea league sides in memory, another reason not to be scared of them.

Sam is still not learning these lessons. For such a strong character, he isn't half a coward when it comes to trying to win games.

blueyes.gif

Said it on here before he seems psychologically quite weak for a big man.

Di not see it but i said i dont care if we get beat as long as we play well.  We did and im happy.  If the players are not going to finish the chances what do you want sam to do run on and score his fucking self.

Di not see it but i said i dont care if we get beat as long as we play well.  We did and im happy.  If the players are not going to finish the chances what do you want sam to do run on and score his fucking self.

Chances?