Phil O'Donnell dies

midds

Shit, was watching the Scottish scorescene thing and they were getting an update from their reporter just as it happened.  Then later they said he'd had a seizure but had regained conciousness later and it sounded like he might be OK and they were mainly talking about what an amazing game it had been.  Terrible that.

Guest taff2727

my friend was as fit as a fiddle and built like a brick outhouse.

he dropped stone dead at work using the mobile,

never had a health problem ever.

RIP

Football does not do enough heart testing, especially in Britain, yet the demands of the game have increased.

This should become compulsory.

Not just in football man. There are plans to scan all kids in secondary schools, basicaslly as mandatory as the TB injection.

Basic heart trace would do. I had one about 3 years ago, when I was 18/19. Took about 15 minutes, max.

RIP

Football does not do enough heart testing, especially in Britain, yet the demands of the game have increased.

Not just in football man. There are plans to scan all kids in secondary schools, basicaslly as mandatory as the TB injection.

Basic heart trace would do. I had one about 3 years ago, when I was 18/19. Took about 15 minutes, max.

I would be very surprised if that didn't already form part of a footballer's medical.

Other sports though have mandatory and extensive tests for every participant that take place before every event, and have a huge team of independent medical experts who can stopsportsmen from competing if they fail these tests.

This would also allow for better drug testing.

Footballers should have independent medicals every month in my opinion, bringing it into line with other intensive sports.

RIP

I would be very surprised if that didn't already form part of a footballer's medical.

Other sports though have mandatory and extensive tests for every participant that take place before every event, and have a huge team of independent medical experts who can stopsportsmen from competing if they fail these tests.

This would also allow for better drug testing.

Footballers should have independent medicals every month in my opinion, bringing it into line with other intensive sports.

This is still very rare. If it wasn't a footballer, you wouldn't know about it.