Newcastle 0 - 2 Manchester City - 02/01/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

What does worry me is that for all Allardyce's supposed fitness regimes etc we always look like half time has come at a bad time. We rarely seem to pick up any second-half momentum when we need it.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

given: 7

Beye: 8

Taylor: 7

Cacappa: 6

Zogbia: 8.5

Milner: 5

Butt: 6

Faye: 7

Duff: 6.5

Martins: 6

Viduka: 6.5

Zogbia and Beye's performance only positives...if just Owen has nettet in the beginning of the second half........

What does worry me is that for all Allardyce's supposed fitness regimes etc we always look like half time has come at a bad time. We rarely seem to pick up any second-half momentum when we need it.

Seems as if it's always been like that as long as I've been a fan.

how many teams have looked a million mile ahead of us in the way we play, big sam only nicks results against the big teams and he cant set up the team to beat midtable/ relegation sides. its depressing.

PISSED RIGHT f****** OFF!!

On a whole I thought we played well and were the better team, now I have not seen any replays or read any of this thread but for me Duff was onside so not a freekick to them, their player was also the last man and he brought Duff down RED CARD not a freekick they can score from.

Elano's tackle was a shocker a straight red no doubt, how that was a yellow I have no idea at all.

Faye MOTM by a mile, why he was taken off is beyond me, unless he was injured Sam wants f****** for that decision, martins off for probably the worst player on the pitch f****** Viruka what a b****** waste of a footballer.. Okay Oba missed chances but at least he was there to get a chance, he tried his nutts off maybe tried a little to hard to score and not look about him but strikers have to be a bit selfish.

Enrique looked sluggish at best but early days for him, he did show one good bit of drive, Zoggy showed his class but what about Cacapa getting down the left late on Big Grin well done son fore the effort  and well done again to Beye our best signing me thinks for a long time..

i'd mirror that worry in a different way, his utter inability to affect a change in proceedings

he's got no answers when we're behind - remind you of anyone else that's managed the club recently?

You know what your spot on, sack the fat cunt, too right! Then we can bring Keegan and Shearer in and shoot up the table, why have I not seen this before? It must be some kind of epiphany...

Takin' off Duff and leaving in 2 DM's in the middle doesn't do much for momentum.  Then when he does take one off, it's the one who has been far superior.  How are we supposed to do anything when the bloke running our midfield couldn't pass salt at a dinner table.

You know what your spot on, sack the fat c***, too right! Then we can bring Keegan and Shearer in and shoot up the table, why have I not seen this before? It must be some kind of epiphany...

The funny thing is, we probably would shoot up the table if only for the honeymoon period (which would get us enough points to ensure we don't get relegated). At least the crowd would like them.

Takin' off Duff and leaving in 2 DM's in the middle doesn't do much for momentum.  Then when he does take one off, it's the one who has been far superior.  How are we supposed to do anything when the bloke running our midfield couldn't pass salt at a dinner table.

Agree the changes were weird, including bringing on Owen so early. Martins was fairly cack but at least we were creating.

You know what your spot on, sack the fat c***, too right! Then we can bring Keegan and Shearer in and shoot up the table, why have I not seen this before? It must be some kind of epiphany...

who's that, me?

i don't want him to get sacked - i want him to show us he's got some fucken answers...i want him to perform half as well as he talks himself up to be able to do, i want him to earn his money

it's alright saying he's brought in a new team and needs time and blah blah blah but the examples are there from other teams this season that changes can be made with coaching and different tactics/methods/approaches, so why isn't he?

we're falling into the souness trap of him trying to get us believe it's ALL the players...is it?  is it really....?  or is SOME of it, just some of it, attributable to the coach?

The funny thing is, we probably would shoot up the table if only for the honeymoon period (which would get us enough points to ensure we don't get relegated). At least the crowd would like them.

Exactly, then we could sack them bring Ronald McDonald in and we'd be sorted for another eight games...

Just ask Sam's wife he's tried her in so many positions without satisfaction she's thinking about binning him, should crown her to be fair, good on yer' love.

I also cant understand why Allardyce took off Faye when he was clearly one of our best players on the night and played Butt for the whole 90min when he was clearly one of our worst players if not the worst?

martins looks well short of confidence, owen looked like he could have scored and is a proven goalscorer, how was it a stupid sub?

Martins worked the channels, stretched them, created room for others. Owen needs service.

Never in doubt!!  :catmag:

Well. Seriously tho. I thought it was pretty even 1st half but we took the chance. 2nd half was pretty comfortable tho. Our goal was never under the pressure youd expect from a home team chasing the game.

motm: Corluka

Viduka was absolute shite. How many times did he touch the ball. 3?

Never in doubt!!  :catmag:

Well. Seriously tho. I thought it was pretty even 1st half but we took the chance. 2nd half was pretty comfortable tho. Our goal was never under the pressure youd expect from a home team chasing the game.

motm: Corluka

Viduka was absolute shite. How many times did he touch the ball. 3?

Piss off you. :(

martins looks well short of confidence, owen looked like he could have scored and is a proven goalscorer, how was it a stupid sub?

Owen didnt look like he could have scored.  If all he's going to contribute is goals he needs to improve his goals : chances ratio, and spend less time drifting round aimlessly in midfield.