Newcastle 0 - 2 Manchester City - 02/01/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Get a passionate creative manager in and we will fly with the squad we have!!

No, you won't. Well, that's my opinion anyway, I thnk it is easy to overrate your squad when you're not assessing it objectively, but from what I've seen of you this season - which, admittedly isn't as much as you lot have - you've a lot of players who really aren't up to much.

Even Given seems (by reading posts here) to have deteriorated, and he's been quality for donkeys.

:clap:

We're better than we're showing right now, but we're not all that in reality.

No, you won't. Well, that's my opinion anyway, I thnk it is easy to overrate your squad when you're not assessing it objectively, but from what I've seen of you this season - which, admittedly isn't as much as you lot have - you've a lot of players who really aren't up to much.

Even Given seems (by reading posts here) to have deteriorated, and he's been quality for donkeys.

Dude ... still interested in Milner? Milner for Maloney swap deal?

Guest BooBoo

Just got back. Horribly poor.

Given- 5- At last a decent save! But another two let in

Beye- 6- Did fairly well

NZogbia-7- Lively

Cacapa- 6- Ok

Taylor- 6- See Cacapa

Milner-3- Really quite awful. Get back on the left!  :shifty:

Butt- 6- Gave his all

Faye-7- Surprised at how well he played in this role

Duff- 6- Not too bad

Martins- 3- Absolutely wretched and did well to last 45 mins

Viduka-5- Some nice touches but no threat

Emre- 4- Barely involved

Enrique-4- Looked lost

Owen- 6- Decent but a big miss.

Beye- 6- Did fairly well

NZogbia-7- Lively

Cacapa- 6- Ok

Taylor- 6- See Cacapa

Butt- 6- Gave his all

Duff- 6- Not too bad

Emre- 4- Barely involved

Enrique-4- Looked lost

I don't care if he gave his all, he was atrocious.

Not for Maloney, but we dsperately need a right sided midfielder. I reckon if you took a straw poll of our lot on "want Milner back for 5m?" a good 75 - 80 percent would say yes.

Not for Maloney, but we dsperately need a right sided midfielder. I reckon if you took a straw poll of our lot on "want Milner back for 5m?" a good 75 - 80 percent would say yes.

One bad game and Milner is suddenly a bad player....says it all really.

Beye- 6- Did fairly well

NZogbia-7- Lively

Cacapa- 6- Ok

Taylor- 6- See Cacapa

Butt- 6- Gave his all

Duff- 6- Not too bad

Emre- 4- Barely involved

Enrique-4- Looked lost

I think that that is a terribly harsh analysis, based on ONLY this game. And that was a cast iron bloody penalty.

Why doesn't Maloney play wide right for you guys?

Why doesn't Maloney play wide right for you guys?

Because he is left sided. We tend to push Young to the right (he is as good either side) and Maloney left side, or - as against Chelsea - play Maloney alongside Carew and Agbonlahor wide (which freaked us out at first sight, but worked)

We were clearly the better team for the first 30 minutes and had decent spells at the beginning of the second half.  Although we looked miserable and spineless by the end again.  Certainly not our worst performance but none the less goes towards whichever abysmal xxx points out of xxx we'll be talking about in a few weeks.

Guest BooBoo

Beye- 6- Did fairly well

NZogbia-7- Lively

Cacapa- 6- Ok

Taylor- 6- See Cacapa

Butt- 6- Gave his all

Duff- 6- Not too bad

Emre- 4- Barely involved

Enrique-4- Looked lost

I think that that is a terribly harsh analysis, based on ONLY this game. And that was a cast iron bloody penalty.

What do you think is harsh about it? Milner and Oba were dreadful, i think the other marks are, if anything, quite generous.

WeCreated some good chances first half and thaught we would go on to win had we put one of those chances away. But same old Newcastle eh...all the chances but can't put them away. And then what happens ? City go up the other end and score. It's the same old story at home and i'm sick of it.

We were dreadfully poor again second half.

Viduka ? f****** waste of space, Martins the same.

Whats Sam playing at playing 2 defensive midfielders at home in a 4-4-2 formation or whatver the f*** it was.

People are blaming the players, twice i seen Pearson call Butt and Faye over to give them both a bollocking a they looked f****** clueless, didn't have a clue what they were meant to be doing.

The only place we are going is down !

Faye? He was our best player along with N'Zogbia today.

Well if you actually read the post properly you will realise thats not what i meant. I thaught he did alright

One bad game and Milner is suddenly a bad player....says it all really.

Milner stinks dude. Get real.

You must love average. I don't. Look at his Engalnd under-21 peers, Bentley, Young and Agbonlahor!

Why is Milner even in the under-21 side.

STINKS! STINKS! STINKS!

Given

Beye             Rozehnal         Taylor          Enrique

Faye               Emre

Milner                                                   N'Zogbia

Pick 2 of any of the fuckers here

Dearest Samuel, could you please play that team against Stoke?  Just try it.  See what happens.  You have to notice we were piss poor tonight.  It's all well and good being on top for the first 40 minutes.  The point is we went behind and never looked like getting back into the game.  We don't have the fucking ability to keep clean sheets, so once we do go behind in games, we need to push forward for something known as an equiliser.

Just go with that, or something similar.  If we win, great.  If we don't, so fuck.  The cup is just a pleasant diversion from the league (See Souness in the UEFA and FA Cup runs of 04/05).

Beye- 6- Did fairly well

NZogbia-7- Lively

Cacapa- 6- Ok

Taylor- 6- See Cacapa

Butt- 6- Gave his all

Duff- 6- Not too bad

Emre- 4- Barely involved

Enrique-4- Looked lost

What do you think is harsh about it? Milner and Oba were dreadful, i think the other marks are, if anything, quite generous.

I think your marks are well argued and not far off what I would give. I meant that to describe it as "horribly poor" is very harsh imo. The result yes, particularly as Man City have been shit away. But I do think that there were signs of promise tonight and that we played a lot of good football, along the deck too. It all seemed to go wrong when Zog was pushed forward, and couldn't attack from deep.