Stoke (a) in the FA Cup - Pre-Match thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Won't be easy, but we're Newcastle UNITED.

Why not just put all vendettas against the manager aside, whatever anybody thinks, its hardly 'United' if we're not cheering the lads and singing their names to inspire them...

Thats not actually why we're called "united", mind.

If they did their turn inspiring US, they might find it reciprocated. Very hard to chant for the likes of Viduka and Smith when they aren't actually any good, isn't it.

Point taken matey, i understand and also kind of agree where you are coming from.

However I still think that we as fans aren't doing our part fully, tbh.

So Beye, Faye and Geremi are all definitely unavailable, then?

Given

Carr   Taylor   Caçapa   Enrique

Duff      Emre   Butt      N'Zogbia

Viduka   Owen

Subs: Harper, Rozehnal, Milner, Smith, Martins

Give Owen a start alongside Viduka, but please God play it properly. No pumping it long aerially, cos Viduka just doesn't work like that. I have a feeling Stoke's centre-backs aren't quite as ruthless as Dunne and Richards who both - along with atleast one more defender - crowded themselves around Viduka every time he got the ball on the floor last night. He should get some space tomorrow night and he should do well, a la Derby. And if Owen is up to it, we could be ruthless in an attacking sense, with those pacy wings.

Anywho, i think we'll slog it through unconvincingly and unattractively and do little for our self-esteem. Stoke 0-1 Newcastle. Owen.

Guest tuppence

I've heard murmurings of naughtiness, apparently the two sets of fans have history, any news on this, places to avoid etc?

So Beye, Faye and Geremi are all definitely unavailable, then?

Given

Carr   Taylor   Caçapa   Enrique

Duff      Emre   Butt      N'Zogbia

Viduka   Owen

Subs: Harper, Rozehnal, Milner, Smith, Martins

Smith on the bench?, not a chance unfortunately.

I'm beggining to wish he was African :)

I've heard murmurings of naughtiness, apparently the two sets of fans have history, any news on this, places to avoid etc?

Stoke.

The thing is at Stoke, if you just walk through a massive crowd of the fans minding your own business not being a tool basically, its fine, but if ya singing crap from behind the away enclosure they will be knobs.

So basically, its common sense!

Guest Guinness

we'll have a good performance and win 3-1 and the season picks up from here

Hope so! We should have too much but with the way we've been playing recently anything could be on the cards.

Guest nufc_geordie

Personally would go with Smith and Owen up tops. A typical championship back four is effectively four Titus Brambles. If we put enough pressure on them by chasing and hassleing them they will crack and give us a chance. I would play a high tempo, high pressure game and try to beat them that way. I would play:

------------------------------------Given-----------------------------------

Taylor-------------Cacapa-----------------Rozenhal----------Enrique

Duff----------------Butt------------------------Emre------------N'Zogbia

---------------------Smith--------------------Owen------------------------

Subs: Harper, Carr, Milner, Viduka, Martins

Guest Darth Toon

Think it will be:

Carr - Taylor - Cacapa - Zog

Milner - Butt - Faye - Duff

Smith - Owen

With Smith dropping deep to make 5 in midfleld when we're defending.

we'll have a good performance and win 3-1 and the season picks up from here

See what i mean?

If we win, it'll be all rosy in the garden, then we'll make excuses when we're s*** against a good side.

well no, i think we are overdue a win and this will be it. we cant keep losing- we'll win this one with a fighting display then lose to man united, but make a good fight of it. we'll beat bolton and then draw at arsenal

NUFC: To follow....  Faye, Beye and Geremi will be available for the last time before departing on Nations Cup duty, while Martins is expected to miss this tie as part of a deal with Nigeria allowing him to delay his departure until after the Man United away game.

Given

Beye Cacapa Faye Enrique

Milner Butt Emre N'Zogbia

Owen  Viduka

Personally would go with Smith and Owen up tops. A typical championship back four is effectively four Titus Brambles. If we put enough pressure on them by chasing and hassleing them they will crack and give us a chance. I would play a high tempo, high pressure game and try to beat them that way. I would play:

:thup: with Faye in for Emre

Guest sicko2ndbest

:thup: with Faye in for Emre

No Beye?  :yikes: