Henrik Larsson?

olliemort

I would love if Sam went for him he would be a great link up player for Owen!We arent going to be splashing the cash this month by the sounds of it so it will be very difficult to get a creative player in!I think getting Larsson in on loan till the end of the season would be a good move.He proved last season at a big club like Man U hes still got it!An intelligent striker something we certainly dont have!What ye think?

Any player with a touch, intelligence & skill would be most welcome.

We should do a newspaper add.

I was going to say in the Nationals, but then remembered this is England, so a combination of a player with touch, intelligence & skill all roled into one would be about as rare as Wullie declaring love for Jermaine Jenas.

Guest Guinness

I'd definately take him on a loan spell, he looked pretty good for Man Utd last year and if we could get a similar deal to what they got then I'd be all for it.

Aren't Man Utd trying to get him back on loan again?

Good enough for them, but not for us..... Gotta love some of our fans :D

Man Utd are good enough to compensate for his flaws and could get away with using him sparingly, utilising his remaining strengths; whereas we'd be pinning all our hopes on him, and complaining when he wasn't making runs from the halfway line, because our midfield trio of Butt, Geremi and Smith weren't creating anything.

Man Utd are a good team enough to compensate for his flaws, and could get away with using him sparingly, whereas we'd be pinning all our hopes on him.

First, where has this rumour came from? first Ive heard of it.

Secondly, S.S.R is totally right, is a bit different Larsson stepping into the Manure team, to the Nufc team. As the old saying goes "my granny could score goals for Man U" - we are a totally different kettle of fish and Larsson would be no help.

How many people on here have seen Larsson play this season? (I know theres a few Swedes on here) I have, and i don't think he's premiership quality any more.

Bring back Shearer too!

Man Utd are a good team enough to compensate for his flaws, and could get away with using him sparingly, whereas we'd be pinning all our hopes on him.

First, where has this rumour came from? first Ive heard of it.

Secondly, S.S.R is totally right, is a bit different Larsson stepping into the Manure team, to the Nufc team. As the old saying goes "my granny could score goals for Man U" - we are a totally different kettle of fish and Larsson would be no help.

How many people on here have seen Larsson play this season? (I know theres a few Swedes on here) I have, and i don't think he's premiership quality any more.

Bring back Shearer too!

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is attempting to bring Henrik Larsson back to Old Trafford.

The veteran Swede impressed during his three-month loan spell with United last season, when he played a major role in Manchester United's Premier League title win.

The Daily Express claims Ferguson, having learned that it will take £20 million to tempt Spurs into selling Dimitar Berbatov, will call on Larsson for the second half of the season.

Larsson's contract at Helsingborgs has expired, and it's now believed he is looking for a 'final hurrah' in either England or Scotland.

Ferguson could be short of striking options going into the new year, with Louis Saha's constant injury problems leaving only Wayne Rooney and Carlos Tevez as first-team forwards.

Guest Brewcastle

Didn't he just get an offer to coach Helsingborg? Also, we already have Viduka as an old, immobile striker.

Yes, as this link says. It's a double offer: If you want to play for Helsingborg, we let you play. If you want to coach/manage Helsingborg, we let you manage. Henke Larsson is on vacation in South Africa, so no statement from him so far.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/allsvenskan/helsingborg/article1558173.ab

If he's interested in a carreer as a manager in future he should take this one. It's "his" club, and on a right level to start on.

It would surprise me a lot if he turns Helsingborgs offer down. And no way it would be for NUFC at the moment  :blush:

Man Utd are good enough to compensate for his flaws and could get away with using him sparingly, utilising his remaining strengths; whereas we'd be pinning all our hopes on him, and complaining when he wasn't making runs from the halfway line, because our midfield trio of Butt, Geremi and Smith weren't creating anything.

:lol: That's a quality avatar!

Guest kingdawson

Larsson would be an absolutely brilliant short term signing for someone. I'd be happy if it were us.

I think it will be you lot tbh.

Larsson would be an absolutely brilliant short term signing for someone. I'd be happy if it were us.

He would. Quality player. You can lose your pace but you don't lose your intelligence/skill and whatnot.

He would. Quality player. You can lose your pace but you don't lose your intelligence/skill and whatnot.

Think you could relate that comment to Alan Shearer, never blisteringly pacey, but hell he was one of the most intelligent players i've ever seen...