Dean Ashton

Luc

Guest michaelfoster

Im not sure about Ashton, he's not a bad striker but as someone else said quite injury prone. Theres no chance in hell we will get him for £3/4m as some people said, also i doubt we would get £3m for Shola, we would probably be looking at half that.

Guest tuppence

I love Ashton as a player, just a superb finisher, as for not having pace, Martins has pace - doesn't make him a good player. It's a sad indictment on our game when a superb player is dismissed just because of his lack of pace. I'd love him here and would pay up to about 8 million. Great touch, awareness, good in the air, intelligent and hard working. Get him in with the money we get from that clown martins. Please

Would love him here. Hopefully our improved fitness regimen means he won't break down instantly like I'd expect all injury prone players to do under the previous regime.

And what's this about 3/4 mil? Ladies and gents, if you want to correctly guess the asking price for young english players these days, just take whatever you think is reasonable and add 10 (million).

Anyone that thinks we could get a player like Ashton for £3m mustn't have been following football for the last 10 years.  That would also explain the people that don't really rate him.

Anyone that thinks we could get a player like Ashton for £3m mustn't have been following football for the last 10 years.  That would also explain the people that don't really rate him.

Exactly despite his injuries (a couple unlucky) he is a powerful striker who would thrive in a 4-3-3. I can't see how people can say he isn't good enough.

Guest kingdawson

Ashton wants to come back to the North West (Its where he's from) but West Ham won't sell him for owt less than £12m - Wigan were knocked back in the summer.

Fact.

2nd hand ITKtastic.

Spec, out of interest, is there any ITK about the big name Sven reckons you're signing?

I read this on the ever-reliable teamtalk...

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3022440,00.html

Daniel Carvalho and Lukas Podolski both been mentioned, I've not heard owt concrete. ???

WTF Carvalho and Podolski?? and were bloody linked With matt bloody taylor. I feel sick.

Would be a cracking buy if we could keep him fit.

As soon as Martins can learn how to control the ball pass the ball properly, while starting to use a football brain, i think we could have a pretty tasty foward line.

Same old thing though isn't it?

Many teams would love a selection of strikers like Martins, Owen and Viduka. We're making them all look parp, one way or another. What wold be the difference with Ashton?

Would be a risk considering his injury record but if we only have to pay the 3-4 mil mark that would be ok anything more than that then  forget abt it!Very good player though caused us alot of problems against us!

This is Fairy-Land stuff - no one will be signing Ashton for less than 12m - if for that...

Guest exilim

Very good player imo. A big striker in epl is what it takes to build / improve a team. Look at Drogba, Santa Cruz and Berbatov, 2 of them doesn't really have pace but scored loads of goals.

Guest diddimz

£8m plus Carr and anyone else they happen to fancy.

Not really the answer to our lacking pace but a great striker in the making, just have to question whether he is over his injury problems.

we'd have to throw in a few extra mil if we gave them carr as well though

Guest MaetihS

not bad a player probably suits a club like us. not some player that will excite me but beggars cant be choosers. shld get him for less than 5m as the top clubs will not think he is good enough.