Stoke City 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 06/01/08 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

this may have been answered, but i cant be arsed reading through 30 odd pages, any reason why shola wasnt even in the 16?

Or Emre well you're at it?

heard he had an ankle injury.

although he's probably away to monaco or somewhere, his agent has admitted today that he isnt happy here.

bit strange about shola though?

Stoke are only 13 league places below us.  Same as Sunderland playing Man City really.

I have no idea where i'm going with that,  but I dont think Stoke are as bad as some people are making out here.  And those conditions were f****** terrible.  I'm pretty surprised we're still in the draw TBH.

This really IS grasping at straws - Stoke were a set of donkey do's so what does that make the current NUFC side...?

Too many on here satisfied with mediocrity - OK, a difficult game in difficult conditions - it didn't stop Arsenal at Burnley, and Burnley looked better than Stoke on the day - they actually passed the ball better than NUFC also, so what does THAT mean, if anything ??

The FA Cup is all about going to these places & getting a result, regardless of conditions - as nufc.com have said 'the replay is by no means a foregone conclusion'....

All sides who win the FA Cup have a difficult game along the way - the problem here is that NUFC are playing badly ALL the time in the Prem as well as the Cup ; its the general standard of play which is causing concern , not just this result but never mind - it'll be better in 5 years' time....

Guest Ridzuan

I honestly dont know how much s**te can the team be.The performance was bad apart from one or two players such as Faye and N'zogbia but the rest was rubbish.We didnt had much opportunities at all and were lucky not to lose the game.I was surprised actually that our fans gave a standing ovation for the players after the match because I thought it was unnecessary for such a performance.We played like a group of donkeys.Rozehnal was terrible going forward,maybe because he is not a right back,so he may be forgiven,Nicky Butt should stick at what he does best,thats it defending in the centre of the midfield and Smith,I did not realise that he was even playing in the midfield.But Ive got to say Faye was outstanding once again and Lua Lua impressed me when he came on,other than that,there wasnt many positives from the game.So its a replay,hopefully we can get rid of them,if we lose to them at home,that would even be a bigger embarrasement.

anybody read .com's report?

a bit harsh imo

It's certainly a 'glass half empty' report, although that's not to say we were great like... :undecided:

we wernt great at all, but i dont think it should go down as one of the worst under sam.

we've been much shitter than that!

anybody read .com's report?

a bit harsh imo

It's certainly a 'glass half empty' report, although that's not to say we were great like... :undecided:

we wernt great at all, but i dont think it should go down as one of the worst under sam.

we've been much shitter than that!

This is the scary part! We looked dreadful for long periods of the game but we can all pick out several performances that were even worse than tonights!  :lol:

Don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere, but Butt got his 10th yellow card of the season tonight, meaning he misses both the Stoke replay and the Bolton game.

Guest bluegeordie

The Positives

1) we didn't add to the weekend's list of Premier League casualties falling to Championship sides (although this was obviously due more to luck than good guidance)   

2) Sam's wet dream of a clean sheet away from home has been realised (albeit the filthiest clean sheet in living memory - how the fuck did Stoke conspire to miss their litany of second half chances?)

3) Faye was excellent, especially in the first half (although of course he'll soon be departing for the African Nations Cup)

4) Taylor was fairly good in open play (although he was apparently marking a series of world class eels from set pieces)     

5) Zoggy and Duff looked vaguely dangerous in the first half (although both were more "huff and puff" than "blow your house down", and indeed it could be argued that they were constantly threatening to morph into headless chickens)

6) Duff's hair was a minor improvement on what we've seen since his return, which should mean that during the January transfer window we're less likely to lose him to a theatre production of "Robin Hood - Men In Tights"     

The Negatives

Just about everything else, including Butt's "distribution" and "shooting" (I use these words loosely); Rozenhal's physical weakness and constant fucking about (yet again); Smith's convincing impersonation of the Invisible Man in midfield (what more could you want in a captain?); the Tower of Babel nature of the communication between our players (have Zoggy and Enrique actually been introduced?);  Enrique's apparent inability to adapt to the English game by watching from the sidelines, and presumably frequenting the local chippy, and taking a tour of the Newcastle Brown Ale brewery; the lack of quality service to our forwards etcetera, etcetera, et-fucking-cetera 

In Conclusion

I can't wait for the replay, although I vote that instead of playing the Blaydon Races, the lads run (or perhaps walk) out to Joy Division's "Atmosphere" (the video's black and white, after all, and perhaps the ball boys can carry giant pictures of Milburn, Beardsley, Shearer etc to remind the crowd of times gone by)       

The Positives

1) we didn't add to the weekend's list of Premier League casualties falling to Championship sides (although this was obviously due more to luck than good guidance) 

2) Sam's wet dream of a clean sheet away from home has been realised (albeit the filthiest clean sheet in living memory - how the f*** did Stoke conspire to miss their litany of second half chances?)

3) Faye was excellent, especially in the first half (although of course he'll soon be departing for the African Nations Cup)

4) Taylor was fairly good in open play (although he was apparently marking a series of world class eels from set pieces)   

5) Zoggy and Duff looked vaguely dangerous in the first half (although both were more "huff and puff" than "blow your house down", and indeed it could be argued that they were constantly threatening to morph into headless chickens)

6) Duff's hair was a minor improvement on what we've seen since his return, which should mean that during the January transfer window we're less likely to lose him to a theatre production of "Robin Hood - Men In Tights"     

The Negatives

Just about everything else, including Butt's "distribution" and "shooting" (I use these words loosely); Rozenhal's physical weakness and constant f****** about (yet again); Smith's convincing impersonation of the Invisible Man in midfield (what more could you want in a captain?); the Tower of Babel nature of the communication between our players (have Zoggy and Enrique actually been introduced?);  Enrique's apparent inability to adapt to the English game by watching from the sidelines, and presumably frequenting the local chippy, and taking a tour of the Newcastle Brown Ale brewery; the lack of quality service to our forwards etcetera, etcetera, et-f******-cetera

In Conclusion

I can't wait for the replay, although I vote that instead of playing the Blaydon Races, the lads run (or perhaps walk) out to Joy Division's "Atmosphere" (the video's black and white, after all, and perhaps the ball boys can carry giant pictures of Milburn, Beardsley, Shearer etc to remind the crowd of times gone by)       

"Don't walk away" - the line from Atmosphere should be played at the last home game of the season!