Centre Of Midfield

hakka

Guest MilnerFin

Tiago hasn't impressed me at all in games that I've seen. If he's too weak for SerieA how could he succeed in Premier League?

Guest teepee

the idea of two more or less defensive minded central midfielders is not entirely stupid imo. but the butt/smith pairing is crap.

as much as i admire smith's work rate he just isn't good enough for that position, and butt shouldn't be trying to push forward playing the more attacking role of the two. the only place for smith in our current squad is on the bench as a backup striker, and that is only while oba is away in africa.

but two cm's who are both a bit more defensive than the wingers could be ok, they just need to complement eachother better.

as much as i haven't been impressed with emre i think he is our best bet right now. play him and butt in the middle, let butt stay back all the time doing the tackling and emre can close down/annoy and spread out play a bit. leave the attacking bit to our three very capable wingers!

btw - diego, van der vaart, riquelme - come on lads, it wont happen!

Tim Borowski is an interesting player. Good technique for a tall guy and really good in the air. Id like to see him in the PL. Could be really useful for us. Can play in centre and to the left of midfield.

I have the feeling that SA will sign somebody who lacks creativity again... He just loves his team to battle instead of play. And he always mentions the fighting spirit after a good result. Fighting spirit will help you to finish midtable, but never in the top six! I fear that SA will buy a team of battlers and will miss out (or don't even try) on creative players.

Guest johnson293

I have the feeling that SA will sign somebody who lacks creativity again... He just loves his team to battle instead of play. And he always mentions the fighting spirit after a good result. Fighting spirit will help you to finish midtable, but never in the top six! I fear that SA will buy a team of battlers and will miss out (or don't even try) on creative players.

Slightly unfare - he did sign Okocha and Anelka at Bolton - both were/are technically sound players.

However, I would agree that he needs to be looking at a similar type of player for our central midfield, if as it seems, he isn't impressed with Emre as a creative player.

I thought perhaps James Troisi may have got some bench time this season after seeming to impress in the pre-season friendlies.

Quite impressed by Lua Lua's cameo last night though.

Slightly unfare - he did sign Okocha and Anelka at Bolton - both were/are technically sound players.

However, I would agree that he needs to be looking at a similar type of player for our central midfield, if as it seems, he isn't impressed with Emre as a creative player.

I thought perhaps James Troisi may have got some bench time this season after seeming to impress in the pre-season friendlies.

Quite impressed by Lua Lua's cameo last night though.

Agree about Anelka and Okocha, but I don't think he has these kind of players in sight for NUFC. This time he has got players with a bigger potential (when he took over) but blatantly less motivation?!?!?! Don't think he's up for that yet...

as well as  Youri Djorkaeff and Hidetoshi Nakata

I would go for Yoann Gourcuff and Manuel Fernandes. Two players that i really like and who i think can be great players for this club, they hardly play at all for their clubs. Young players both of them.

Tiago hasn't impressed me at all in games that I've seen. If he's too weak for SerieA how could he succeed in Premier League?

he did fine at Chelsea when he had his chances and the Chelsea fans were sad to see him ago I seem to remember. If there was a small chance that we could bring him on loan I would take it (although I`m sure other clubs would be ahead of us in the queue)

Guest shaun11177

Manuel Fernandez is a great shout-i believe he is at Valencia and they are in turmoil at the moment, i get the impression nearly every player is up for sale.

Mind you even if we got Riquelme, Smith would be playing alongside him.

When you pay 6m for a player you have to justify that if you want more in January.

Mind you even if we got Riquelme, Smith would be playing alongside him.

When you pay 6m for a player you have to justify that if you want more in January.

Surely playing him is counter prodcutive to your arguement, as he is so fucking gash in midfield he is costing us games indirectly.  Smith creates the illusion that we have 11 men when in fact we have 10 men and one headless chicken. 

Put Zoggy in behind Martins (i.e in the Beardsley role)

Duff and a new right winger (with pace - Joaquin/SWP etc)

A holding player and a box to box man (Fernandes and Appiah perhaps)

Back to the Keegan 4-4-1-1 formation

:drool:

Though I'd rather have Zoggy LW and Duff in the Beardsley role

where the hell is andres d'allessandro? he was fucking immense for portsmouth! he's exactly the type we need at the moment if he is available!

and please...stop mentioning diego, van der vaart, riquelme and their kind who we are not going to be able to lure to newcastle.

arshavin?have seen him in like 3 games or something, he is good. Can also play at the right wing which is a good thing.

Some fantastic shouts for players out there  & I would take most of them. Elsewhere in place called reality and it is "DAY 7 OF THE TRANSFER MARKET" and we have signed a lad who has played approx 5 games for Swindon town.

I know we've tried him elsewhere and he's been found wanting but do you think Rozenhal will play in midfield on Saturday? Numbers are so short he might have too and I think he could do a useful holding role there. Of course that would leave a gap at RB but I don't fancy Roz there against Ronaldo.

Scott Parker injury becomes recurring theme

Gary Jacob

West Ham United’s injury woes worsened yesterday when Scott Parker was ruled out for two months. It is the third time this season that the midfield player has been sidelined for an extended period with a knee injury. Parker was substituted in the second half of the Premier League match at home to Manchester United ten days ago after suffering a knock in a challenge from Cristiano Ronaldo early in the game. His absence is a blow to Alan Curbishley, the West Ham manager, who is missing eight players.

Parker joined the club for £7 million from Newcastle United last summer, but he suffered a knee injury during the tour to Austria in preseason. On his second match after his return, he limped off with the same knee injury at half-time during the 1-0 defeat at home to Arsenal in September. He was out for two months, even though a scan revealed that medial ligament damage was not serious. He has played eight matches since returning in the 1-1 draw against Tottenham Hotspur in November and had hoped to be in contention for the first England squad to be named by Fabio Capello, the new manager, this month. Hayden Mullins will continue to deputise in midfield alongside Mark Noble.

Curbishley is still without Kieron Dyer, who will miss most of the season with a broken leg, but there is better news elsewhere, with Craig Bellamy and Bobby Zamora, who has been out since August with a knee injury, expected to start training soon. Bellamy, the forward, has not played since the end of October, shortly after he returned from a groin operation.

“I thought I would be back playing by now and I have already missed half a season so I am just desperate to get back,” Zamora said. “If getting in early and doing a bit extra means that, then I am happy to do it. It is has been frustrating but it is part and parcel of football, so you take it on the chin, work hard and get back as soon as you can.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/west_ham/article3156240.ece

Parker is breaking down. Barton hasn't worked out but it doesn't look like keeping Parker would have been a good move either.