The 'SSN sources' thread...

Dave

Guest Hoop Blah

I can't see why any decent manager would put themselves through the pain of taking over at SJP to be honest.

I'm sure someone will though, and I'm a little surprised none of you have mentioned Steve Coppell as a currently employed Englishman.

Utter Utter Madness!!!!!! Redknapp...Mclaren (f**k please no!) Hughes....why are they any different from Allardyce. What a f**king joke this is...utter mess, Im so disappointed. Don't employ a foreign manager?!!!!!!...what a load of tosh, foreign managers apart from Fergy no nothing about coaching at the top level thesedays...even England appointed a foreign coach for f**ks sacks!

All I've seen so far is that "SSN understands Shearer hasn't been approached and that we're after a British manager..."

No quotes from Mort, or Ashley, even though SSN attributed the statement as "Ashley says".

Then that Scottish bloke asked people to ear-wig on Shearer and Shepherd in Barbados to find out more.

I think it's safe to say that SSN don't know as much as they'd like, much like the rest of us.

They've got good contacts. They knew Sam was going to be sacked before he did...they don't just make things up and stick it on the yellow banner.

I'm not falling for that one just yet. Read Crumpy's "Allardyce Wants Out" post, and numerous other tidbits that have emerged today/recently: i.e. "MUTUAL AGREEMENT" being a fairly big clue.

Are we assuming that SSN asked Sam this at 5pm, he goes up to see Mort to ask if it's true (was Allardyce at SJP already, btw? If so, why?), who says, "well, we're a bit fed up, shall we call it a day mate?" Then he agrees, they embrace, and he leaves with a nice little sentence or two about the club?

Then there's a statement on NUFC.co.uk at around 5.40pm with quotes from both gaffer and chairman... did this all happen within the hour?

All I've seen so far is that "SSN understands Shearer hasn't been approached and that we're after a British manager..."

No quotes from Mort, or Ashley, even though SSN attributed the statement as "Ashley says".

Then that Scottish bloke asked people to ear-wig on Shearer and Shepherd in Barbados to find out more.

I think it's safe to say that SSN don't know as much as they'd like, much like the rest of us.

They've got good contacts. They knew Sam was going to be sacked before he did...they don't just make things up and stick it on the yellow banner.

I'm not falling for that one just yet. Read Crumpy's "Allardyce Wants Out" post, and numerous other tidbits that have emerged today/recently: i.e. "MUTUAL AGREEMENT" being a fairly big clue.

Are we assuming that SSN asked Sam this at 5pm, he goes up to see Mort to ask if it's true (was Allardyce at SJP already, btw? If so, why?), who says, "well, we're a bit fed up, shall we call it a day mate?" Then he agrees, they embrace, and he leaves with a nice little sentence or two about the club?

Then there's a statement on NUFC.co.uk at around 5.40pm with quotes from both gaffer and chairman... did this all happen within the hour?

Aye. It's more likely that Allardyce did know, but couldn't/wouldn't say.

If it is true about the search involving only British candidates, I have to join in with the chorus of people shocked by the limited scope of the club's ambition. I have no idea whether or not the club could attract the likes of Mourinho or even Houllier, but to limit the candidates so sharply so soon would be incredibly stupid.

I can only hope the club is either being misquoted or intentionally deceptive.

And if it's McClaren, I can't imagine anyone being the least bit happy.

Latest odds:

Shearer  7 - 4 

Kevin Keegan  16 - 1 

Rafa Benitez  40 - 1 

Harry Redknapp  9 - 4 

Marcelo Lippi  25 - 1 

Billy Davies  50 - 1 

Mark Hughes  6 - 1 

Steve McClaren  25 - 1 

Roy Keane  50 - 1 

Martin Jol  6 - 1 

John Collins  25 - 1 

George Graham  66 - 1 

Gerard Houllier  10 - 1 

Marco Van Basten  33 - 1 

Graeme Sounness  66 - 1 

Terry Venables  10 - 1 

Giovanni Trappatoni  33 - 1 

Bobby Robson  66 - 1 

Jose Mourinho  12 - 1 

Glenn Hoddle  40 - 1 

Ruud Gullit  100 - 1 

Jurgen Klinsmann  16 - 1 

Skybet: Ant & Dec 500-1

The odds mean nowt other than what plebs like us are spending money on.

Exactly, and all the mongs on the likes of TalkSPORT are banging on "oh but hes the odds on favourite", "no it wont be him, have you seen his odds?".

Terry Venables is the name that stands out for me as

1. I can imagine Ashley (who appears to be a bit nouveau in his status as a football fan) being blown away by his interest.

2. He is available.

3. He is English.

In fact, I am tempted to wager a small yet meaningful sum on money on it.