The 'SSN sources' thread...

Dave

don't know if this has been said 'cause 17 pages is too much but if we're reading things into the "go through the proper channels" thing that's supposed to have been said wouldn't we have to approach chelski about getting mourinho?

he's supposed to have a clause not letting him join another PL club so we'd have to get them to release that first?

clutching at straws...!

TO be honest, i doubt Mourinho is coming.

The bit about "going through proper channels" may also refer to Jose as he is supposed to stay out of EPL for this season and Mort will need to negotiate with Chelski.

i think we should get Martins to be a player/manager. He would do great!

Now thats an idea!

Pre-match team talk -

Players: So whats the plan boss?

Oba: BRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPP!!!

This made me laugh too much for 8:15 in the morning :(

Guest lebowski

The bit about "going through proper channels" may also refer to Jose as he is supposed to stay out of EPL for this season and Mort will need to negotiate with Chelski.

Has anyone mentioned Gordon Strachan yet. My Celtic mate seems a bit concerned that we have been sniffing around Mr Strachan.

Harry Redknapp has been installed as the first choice to become the new manager of Newcastle, according to reports.

The Portsmouth boss is rated as favourite to take up the reins at St James' Park following the departure of Sam Allardyce.

Allardyce left Newcastle by 'mutual agreement' on Wednesday evening after 24 games in charge and Redknapp is now widely regarded to be the number one choice of owner Mike Ashley.

The former Bolton boss had been under intense pressure since taking over at St James' in the summer and the lacklustre FA Cup draw with Stoke proved to be his last match in charge.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3035235,00.html

Has anyone mentioned Gordon Strachan yet. My Celtic mate seems a bit concerned that we have been sniffing around Mr Strachan.

I think we should be the ones to be concerned if what he says is true

Harry Redknapp has been installed as the first choice to become the new manager of Newcastle, according to reports.

The Portsmouth boss is rated as favourite to take up the reins at St James' Park following the departure of Sam Allardyce.

Allardyce left Newcastle by 'mutual agreement' on Wednesday evening after 24 games in charge and Redknapp is now widely regarded to be the number one choice of owner Mike Ashley.

The former Bolton boss had been under intense pressure since taking over at St James' in the summer and the lacklustre FA Cup draw with Stoke proved to be his last match in charge.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3035235,00.html

GOD FORBID

Guest lebowski

I think we should be the ones to be concerned if what he says is true

At least we could look forward to the press conferences.

Got a feeling that he's trying to get Hitzfeld... :-( But still think he'll take over as Manager of the Swiss National Side! I think MA will decide as a supporter somehow. Think he really wants entertainment in the Keegan fashion - the same as most of the supporters. Got faith in MA so far. Hope it will not be a British manager...

Harry's quoted as saying he's staying at portsmouth, knows nothing about it, that could just be bollocks like... but hopefully it's not.

with regards to jose and the clause not to join any other premier club ... wouldn't all clauses be cancelled when they sacked him?

Guest Ridzuan
Harry Redknapp has not been approached by Newcastle and would probably turn down the job anyway, according to brother-in-law Frank Lampard Snr.

Redknapp has emerged as the early favourite to replace Sam Allardyce, who parted company with the club on Wednesday night after only eight months in charge.

Lampard, who was Redknapp's assistant for seven years at West Ham, revealed he spoke to Redknapp following Allardyce's departure and confirmed no offer had been made to the Portsmouth boss.

"There's been no approach for him, as of last night," Lampard said on BBC Radio Five Live. "I don't know if he would leave the south coast, to be fair. He's settled down there. He likes taking his dogs for a walk along the coast. But only time will tell, I suppose."

Redknapp has never managed further north than London and Lampard added: "Up north is a different kettle of fish. It'd be a big decision for him if he did."

However, Lampard is in no doubt of Redknapp's credentials, adding: "Harry's a top manager and any job that comes up in the Premier League, Harry's being mentioned.

"Only a couple of months ago, he was in line for the England job. He was one of the frontrunners."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3035329,00.html

Lets hope Mr Lampard is right.

Apparently Redknapp has been offered it but has refused.

If that's true that would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.  Seriously, having no-one lined up when you sack a manager and scrambling around for the likes of Redknapp and Huges is Fat Fred level stuff.

Harry's quoted as saying he's staying at portsmouth, knows nothing about it, that could just be bollocks like... but hopefully it's not.

with regards to jose and the clause not to join any other premier club ... wouldn't all clauses be cancelled when they sacked him?

Not necessarily. These type of clauses are fairly common in big business.