The 'SSN sources' thread...

Dave

When i heard the news my immediate thought was that it had happened as there was a top quality replacement waiting in the wings.

If we are honestly going for Redknapp or Hughes the SJP crowd will be underwhelmed to say the least.

As for Coppell, forget it. He has big problems with stress, remember his spell at Man City?

No, I think I slept through it.

The Allardyce interview was the most telling.

He said he was surprised and this is the best news there is for us because it means he didn't quit. It wasn't Allardyce's decision, and so the club wasn't caught out by it or anything.

If Allardyce was suddenly caught out then it is very likely that this is the case because we have already approached someone and are close to tying things up I believe.

It seems Alan Oliver was right I hate to say.

why hate? i'd love it if oliver was right, would mean lippi or mourinho!

I for one am hoping Redknapp will come out soon and promise he'll stick with Portsmouth.

If he could get us playing like Portsmouth do then I wouldn't complain.

What, not scoring a home goal in 5?

I for one am hoping Redknapp will come out soon and promise he'll stick with Portsmouth.

have barely scored a goal at home for months..

You know you could probably make a tidy packet in the betting market if you controlled the newsbites on SSN every time a manager change came up.

He said he was surprised and this is the best news there is for us because it means he didn't quit. It wasn't Allardyce's decision, and so the club wasn't caught out by it or anything.

If Allardyce was suddenly caught out then it is very likely that this is the case because we have already approached someone and are close to tying things up I believe.

What I meant is that I hate the fact Alan Oliver might have been right about anything as he usually just takes a wild stab in the dark.

In this particular case though I would be ecstatic if he is, which looks likely.

Obviously we could do with out that but they do play decent football, a solid base at the back with skillful midfielders and quick strikers.

What I meant is that I hate the fact Alan Oliver might have been right about anything as he usually just takes a wild stab in the dark.

In this particular case though I would be ecstatic if he is, which looks likely.

whoah boy.

i hope you're right but don't go following that to much yet

Am I the only person who can't see how Oliver was right about anything (as yet)?

Do people think that Allaradyce has been sacked because some bloke's agent declared their interest in the job?

Obviously we could do with out that but they do play decent football, a solid base at the back with skillful midfielders and quick strikers.

lack a bit of subtlety don't you think? lots of pace and power but krancjar and kanu apart few who possess great vision or skill to break down teams who line up to defend.

Am I the only person who can't see how Oliver was right about anything (as yet)?

Do people think that Allaradyce has been sacked because some bloke's agent declared their interest in the job?

it would compliment what has happened but as yet we've no proof.

it would compliment what has happened but as yet we've no proof.

Presumably there's nothing to stop him revealing who it was now?

Guest Jungle Barry

Apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere but can anyone point me in the direction of what Alan Oliver had to say? Seems like I missed it

lack a bit of subtlety don't you think? lots of pace and power but krancjar and kanu apart few who possess great vision or skill to break down teams who line up to defend.

Work in progress I'd say, as long as he can identify the problem that is.