Jose Mourinho

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest VegasToon

Quote nicked from the BBC site:

"Now we know why Mourinho turned down the England job. The greatest prize in football awaits..."

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

More like "the greatest challenge in football awaits..."

If its the the special one omg can you imagine the feel good factor straight away , season ticket sales through the roof ,merchandice sales ,a manager who can attract top players .might not happen but we can always dream ,and a message to all you "its never going to happen" lot are you all so knowledable about the workings of ashley and mort to just shoot this down when he has spent millions taking us over and wants a return for his investment and commitment ,ashley is a winner and i guess wants the best and thats my opinion.

Like someone said before if we appoint Mourihno he will change this club in no time.

He has enormous reputation,he is respected everywhere because of his strong character,the players will respect him and he will get the best of them,nevermind the fact that with such manager we will attract bigger names in football

Its all down to Ashley to put an irresistible offer to Mourihno so he cant reject it.

At the end of the day Ashley at least needs to try and bring him.

If we appoint Redknapp without making an approach for Mourihno there must be a riot in Newcastle.

Redknapp is in the same level as Allardyce imo

Guest nufc_geordie

There is a lot af naivity on this board. If anyone seriously thinks this club is going to be turned around in just 5 minutes even if Mourinho was appointed at the helm, I would say they are massively mistaken. The club was rotting to the core when Sam took over, and in the short space of time he has been here, although results haven't followed he has flushed a lot of sh*t out of the club as part of his overhaul. The club is still in a mess, short of numbers on the playing side and Mort sorting out the business side.

Surely the money Ashley has pumped in just to clear debts has indicated how precariously close to "doing a Leeds" we were. Any new manager coming in is going to take time to sort it out. I wouldn't expect even Mourinho to achieve much until the season after next.

There is a lot af naivity on this board. If anyone seriously thinks this club is going to be turned around in just 5 minutes even if Mourinho was appointed at the helm, I would say they are massively mistaken. The club was rotting to the core when Sam took over, and in the short space of time he has been here, although results haven't followed he has flushed a lot of sh*t out of the club as part of his overhaul. The club is still in a mess, short of numbers on the playing side and Mort sorting out the business side.

Surely the money Ashley has pumped in just to clear debts has indicated how precariously close to "doing a Leeds" we were. Any new manager coming in is going to take time to sort it out. I wouldn't expect even Mourinho to achieve much until the season after next.

Do you think that if Mourihno was our manager we should have lost to Derby Wigan,Reading and drew with Derby and Stoke and play this kind of shocking football??

When i was talking about Mourihno changing this club i didnt mean immediatelly going into the Champions league but get the players in form,organise this team to play proper football.I think this is good begining.

I was prepared to give Sam Allardyce time if he didn't do all those stupid obvious misstakes and decisions that even a blind man could see. And football's most important thing for me is to entertain. That is why I watch football. Sam had his style and it did not work in my eyes or the players it seemed

Redknapp says that he's happy at the south coast where he is. But we know how easily that could turn around if he was offered the job officially. God i hope we dont go for Mclaren or Hughes or anything like that.

Mourinho is the shit :)

Mourinho never got a crisis club out of the shit. In any country he trained with one of the best (if not the best) teams... Not that I am saying he's not able to turn things round, but for me it's all but guaranteed!

This is what I would be worried about if we did appoint Mourinho. Many fans would expect instant success. He is a top top manager and I hope he is our next manager but he too will need time. I think he will make better decisions than Big Sam and I think he will bring in some good players which should see and improvement in our form, but finishing anywhere in the top 8 this season would be an achievement at this stage.

My first reaction when i heard the news was that the only rational explanation for sacking him was that someone of Mourinho's calibre was interested in the job.

My second reaction was to log off from the internet and go to the pub.

I think the second reaction was the more level-headed but something in me says the next appointment will be good.

My first reaction when i heard the news was that the only rational explanation for sacking him was that someone of Mourinho's calibre was interested in the job.

My second reaction was to log off from the internet and go to the pub.

I think the second reaction was the more level-headed but something in me says the next appointment will be good.

It fookin better be because right now we are a fookin joke and that goes from the top the the fans.

Anyone else remember the comment Mourinho made when in charge of Chelsea about it being one of the hardest/worst jobs in football in some respects, because no matter how successful you were people just pointed to the money at your disposal? He didn't feel he got the respect or the credit he deserved for making Chelsea into a Premiership superpower.

The disappointments we've experienced regarding dire managerial appointments happened under a previous regime. Hype about a world class manager resulting in pure frustration and despair as Souness, Roeder and Allardyce were unveiled. Those were the days of Freddy Shepherd.

Our new owner has been sitting with the fans, listening to our grumblings and the opinions of knowledgeable football fans. I have a lot more faith in this man and Chris Mort than i ever had in Fat Fred. We're just so used to the disappointments of the past that we find it impossible to believe that something incredible could happen.

The board gave Allardyce their full backing at the weekend and i really believe they meant it, but given the timings and nature of his sacking something has happened to change their mind - namely someone better expressing their interest in the job. Otherwise why now? Allardyce has just signed 2 promising youngsters and has made enquiries for two new players - obviously sanctioned by the board, and had (if you believe the papers) been given a few million to spend.

I'm not saying it will be Mourinho but I don't think anyone is in a position to say it won't be.

I think there are only two outcomes that majority of Newcastle fans would accept...Jose Mourinho or Kevin Keegan as manager with Shearer as assistant.

I'd love to see one of these happen but can't see it, if we sign Redknapp or Jol I'm going to be very bitterly disappointment and don't see the point of getting rid of Sam.

I don't think anybody will expect him to turn it around in 5mins, but almost everyone will be happy with his appointment and willing to give him time. If we get Redknapp, we'll be in the same position as Allardyce, if not worse. Seems not many on here want Redknapp, but most wanted fat Sam.

NUFC need to appoint a good manager that the fans are happy with, otherwise its 10 times more difficult for them to succeed.