Jose Mourinho

Guest sicko2ndbest

Anyone thinking that Mourinho will be our new manager needs to step back because it's highly unlikely. However those thinking "there's no f****** chance" or "where not big enough", are just as stupid.

People like Mourinho would see a club like hours as a huge challenge and a way to show if you like. We have all the resources and all the (good as well as bad) pressures that come with the job.

I'm not saying it will happen but dont be suprised if it's someone not far off Mourihnos standard.

My first choice would be Lippi BTW.

Never going to happen, Mourinho is lined up for AC Milan and why would Lippi come to us?  Do people think that we appointed Souness, Roeder and Sam even though the best managers in the world were willing to come to us? 

Do you honestly think there was no one better than Roeder? Or do you think that was just a convinient option for Shepherd? If Man City can get SGE, we can get a decent manager in too, I would've thought.

I think that there were no stand out options and we started playing well under Roeder so we kept him on.

All the talk of Managers fancying a challenge seems odd to me, I can't think of many examples of it happening

sir bob..ramos..mourinho (to some extent)

at the end of it, I don't know anyone that wouldn't like Mourinho.  He might not be everyones first choice, but I don't see anyone 100% against him.

We have nothing to lose and if you can ring Australia for about 70p a minute, a call to Portugal has to be worth it.  Even to say "NUFC managers job - name your price" and pay him £6m a year.

If (and its expected) he were to say no, we go elsewhere.

Why on god's earth would Mourinho knock back England and choose NUFC. Ludicrous.

Of course it's not ludicrous.

He knows that he'll be finished as soon as he's started with England, our sh_itbag national media will hang him out to dry ASAP.

We are a huge challenge, imagine turning us around? Imagine the achievement?

To prove your point on the news last night when talking about it they mentioned that we are regarded as the best fans in the world "but only our fans think that".

Funny, because it was the media who gave us the label to start with, anyone notice a pattern emerging here?

at the end of it, I don't know anyone that wouldn't like Mourinho.  He might not be everyones first choice, but I don't see anyone 100% against him.

We have nothing to lose and if you can ring Australia for about 70p a minute, a call to Portugal has to be worth it.  Even to say "NUFC managers job - name your price" and pay him £6m a year.

If (and its expected) he were to say no, we go elsewhere.

There's also the Bobby Robson connection and even at his age Bobby is still one of the best salesman in football.

Ashley want attacking football and someone he can trust to spend his money to achieve that and sucess.

Jose really doesn't fit that bill imo, not after his days at Chelsea. A great maanger but maybe not attacking enough and wasted for too much money.

Someone just said in another thread that it wont be McGing simply because the arse lost Ashley millions, well its probably true. Uf we cannot have Jose, but can keep away from that clown then something in the middle would be ok i suppose, we've just lost our worst and best options.

Ashley want attacking football and someone he can trust to spend his money to achieve that and sucess.

Jose really doesn't fit that bill imo, not after his days at Chelsea. A great maanger but maybe not attacking enough and wasted for too much money.

Someone just said in another thread that it wont be McGing simply because the arse lost Ashley millions, well its probably true. Uf we cannot have Jose, but can keep away from that clown then something in the middle would be ok i suppose, we've just lost our worst and best options.

Just came in to this thread to say the same thing.

Of course, we don't know how much truth there is that in those quotes that says Allardayce was sacked for his boring football or how much weight Ashley really puts into it (he can't be daft enough to say no to Mourinho because his football isn't sexy enough, can he?)

Is there any reliable source indicating that it's going to be another British manager?

If indeed so,

Qualification:

1. British Manager

2. Experienced

3. Successful

4. Attack-minded

Honestly, none comes to my mind...

Mmmm... BUT C'mon, why a British manager again? Patriotic?

I wish someone can/would explain to me why a British manager again...

Regards

Ericz

Guest criminalz

No way we are going to get Owen but we did.

No way we are going to get Emre but we did

No way we are going to get Martins but we did

No way Real Madrid is going to be dumb enough to buy woodgate but we sold

No way is Jose going to join Newcastle but he did

:celb:

No way we are going to get Owen but we did.

No way we are going to get Emre but we did

No way we are going to get Martins but we did

No way Real Madrid is going to be dumb enough to buy woodgate but we sold

No way is Jose going to join Newcastle but he did

:celb:

No way you are clutching at straws but you are  :celb:

Is there any reliable source indicating that it's going to be another British manager?

If indeed so,

Qualification:

1. British Manager

2. Experienced

3. Successful

4. Attack-minded

Regards

Ericz

no one comes to my mind either

Regards

Nobby

If indeed so,

Qualification:

1. British Manager

2. Experienced

3. Successful

4. Attack-minded

Regards

Ericz

no one comes to my mind either

Regards

Nobby

:lol:

If indeed so,

Qualification:

1. British Manager -

2. Experienced -

3. Successful-

4. Attack-minded -

Regards

Ericz

I keep hearing this bollocls about newcastle fans needing to be understood, we need to get someone who understand the area etc bollocks, maybe that is why we're after british.

Redkanpp would fit 3 of the 4 of your criteria, Keegan as well. Who knows? I just wish something substantial would come out. I dont think i can handle a solid week of speculation

yours sincerely

Fredbob