Man Utd vs Newcastle Utd - Match Thread

Decky

I don't think there's a player i've sat and laughed at more so than Cristiano Ronaldo.

Am I the only who takes some sort of sick, perverted pleasure when he cries (quite often)?

Not at all, very amusing looking at Ronaldo crying like i little boy in the school yard

Good good.

I really don't know how i can have such little respect for the best footballer in the world. Very sad state of affairs.

In saying that the 'best footballer in the world' can't even make do with a simple pair of football boots. Thought that was absolutely comic.

Kaka is better. Messi is more or less on Ronaldo's level and there are a couple of others not too far off.

Having one man upfront is making it very difficult. The goal was out of nothing really, their centre-backs just weren't concentrating at all. The midfield, well, Duff/Zog/Enrique have passed it around in nice little triangles and got forward quite well, but the final ball cannot go anywhere, simply because we've got nowt up top. Get Viduka on for Milner; two up top, Zog/Duff on the wings.

We're not doing bad. Matter of time before United unlawfully score, obviously.

I disagree. We're playing well and having some possession because our midfield is packed. If our midfield becomes stretched (which it will if there's only 4 of them) then we'll never get possession and will inevitably lose by a lot. Viduka's stays on the bench because he's slow as well so he won't be useful against Vidic/Ferdinand. I'm really surprised that Owen's doing really well as a lone striker and if he keeps it up i.e. continues to run, show for the ball and link up with the midfiedl, then we will always have a chance of nicking a goal because he can still finish.

Cacapa is awful today, Rooney is eating him.

Don't know what you're on about.

Given that Rooney's had about five clear chances on goal, i'd tend to agree with Felipao.

What do you expect? Cacapa is a squad  player on a free, he's not Maldini

But he's got CL experience, but he was Lyon captain, but he's old, but he's Brazilian, surely he's 'our best defender by a mile'

mackems.gif

We're crying out for a defensive midfielder who can distribute the ball.

David Batty was that player.

Spot on, Jonny. All that talk about how Man City, Everton, Portsmouth, etc - aswell as the top four - have two key players that make them tick (varying in position)... we really need to bring in a defensive and attacking centre-mid.

If only we had someone who could give Owen those passes 3-4 times a game...

i hope he sees hat every one else sees and has the balls to take smith off an put emre on ... he's about the closest we have to be able to do this

Given that Rooney's had about five clear chances on goal, i'd tend to agree with Felipao.

But he's got CL experience, but he was Lyon captain, but he's old, but he's Brazilian, surely he's 'our best defender by a mile'

mackems.gif

???

mackems.gif

David Batty was that player.

If you wanted the ball distributed sideways.

Having one man upfront is making it very difficult. The goal was out of nothing really, their centre-backs just weren't concentrating at all. The midfield, well, Duff/Zog/Enrique have passed it around in nice little triangles and got forward quite well, but the final ball cannot go anywhere, simply because we've got nowt up top. Get Viduka on for Milner; two up top, Zog/Duff on the wings.

I disagree. We're playing well and having some possession because our midfield is packed. If our midfield becomes stretched (which it will if there's only 4 of them) then we'll never get possession and will inevitably lose by a lot. Viduka's stays on the bench because he's slow as well so he won't be useful against Vidic/Ferdinand. I'm really surprised that Owen's doing really well as a lone striker and if he keeps it up i.e. continues to run, show for the ball and link up with the midfiedl, then we will always have a chance of nicking a goal because he can still finish.

Owen has always been very good at coming short. It is oneof his many underrated abilities. Get Owen into a passing team, and he is still a great player.

Owen has always been very good at coming short. It is oneof his many underrated abilities. Get Owen into a passing team, and he is still a great player.

Aye, and he's done well at that today. There was one instance too where he came back to defend a corner very well and start a coutner-attack.

The flaw being, we consequently have NO ONE upfront.

Taylor clears again.

Putting himself in the shop window.

The same Taylor which is not good enough for the club and Cacapa & Rozenhal should start ahead of every time?

Couldn't be THAT Taylor could it?