Disgusting Way to Treat a Professional

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

Anyone else think the way that Sam Allardyce was removed from his position was totally unprofessional and out of order?

Anyone listening to Sky Sports News would understand that he was sacked and it wasn't a decision by mutual consent. Sky Sports News report that they received a phone call from sources within the club saying that Allardyce had left his job. They then rang Big Sam who had no idea what they were talking about, so he went into the club. 30 minutes later the club release a statement saying he was gone by mutual consent.

Totally wrong.

Whoever is responsible for the phone call to Sky should be sacked instantly. It is only common courtesy to actually inform the person being removed from their job before informing the press.

It is almost Shepherdesque.

We have always had too many 'sources close to the club'. I thought it would change post FFS, but it looks like they still linger about. The tabloids best mate, Newcastle United FC.

David Craig seems to find out everything too. We must be the only club to have a SSN reporter outside our ground every fuckin day because another disaster is going on.

Until we sort out these 'insiders', we deserve all the shite we get from the press.

Guest Ridzuan

Let me see which player would have most like want to see Big Sam out,probably Emre.He could be the one who call the SkySports team.But anyway,I think disrespectful would be a better word to describe it.I dont think there is any 'mutual consent' because Big Sam was absolutely shocked just like many of us were by the news.It feels like he has been stabbed in the back by Mort and Ashley.

I doubt he will be too upset when he gets the money from his release clause in his contract

SBR was sacked unprofessionaly too and i think he didnt deserve this sack in the slightest way

I cant say that about Allardyce though.We played shit football under him so good bye at take care

Guest The Libertine

Chris Mort quotes, Mon 31st December 2007

"All this makes me laugh, and I find all this speculation tedious. There's a different name every week and there's just no truth in it."

laughing stock, etc.

I agree, its a shocking way to do business.  I can't fathom why they have done it this way, if they had planned it and had someone lined up they would have given him notice and not allowed him to do the press conference.

It feels like they had a bust up very recently with Sam, thought about it and then went, right he's out. 

If its true then in footballing terms we are no better off than we were with Freddie - reactive, adhoc decisions.

I hope I am wrong.

We don't know the exact circumstances, whats to say fat sam isn't very good at bullshitting and acting. Personally he comes across as a crook, so wouldnt suprise me, just like Souness.

I'm sure he's smiling with his £5m in the bank this morning to be fair. I don't think he ever really wanted this job, it was just too much money to turn down. Similar to Luque.

How is it out of order? Ive been let go from jobs in the past and told to leave the premises within 15 mins and with a few weeks wages and sam has left with a reported 5 million.

He`s laughing all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to the bank.

Guest shaun11177

Surely it should have been done first thing in the morning-and Chris Mort with all his public quotes backing the Manager has looked a right idiot.

The fact that only 2 people are running the club and they still cant keep it a secret is amazing.

We're only a laughing stock if we appoint someone equally average. Look at the way Jol was treated - was that 'professional'? Do Spurs fans give a fuck now they've got someone far superior? I doubt it somehow.

Managers are judged on results and the results simply weren't good enough. The style of play wasn't good enough. Sam was on a massive contract (no doubt similar to that of managers at the top of the league) yet Newcastle weren't going forward (some would argue backwards!!!). Barton was his singing too.

Guest sombrero

i agree with above, we did play shit football and sometimes what seems to be a beautiful thing just didint work, but then again, newcastle united fans are too impatien!

Guest The Corner

We have always had too many 'sources close to the club'. I thought it would change post FFS, but it looks like they still linger about. The tabloids best mate, Newcastle United FC.

David Craig seems to find out everything too. We must be the only club to have a SSN reporter outside our ground every fuckin day because another disaster is going on.

Until we sort out these 'insiders', we deserve all the s**** we get from the press.

Leeds had one while they went through all there bother, but couldnt agree more the club needs totally cleared out

Even though many of the facts are not yet in the public domain, the appearance (to me) is that the whole situation was handled sloppily. With a few exceptions I would think a team as savvy as Ashley/Mort would be able to handle the spin on this very well. The fact that they didn't is concerning from a management standpoint (I haven't decided how concerning), and the Redknapp situation doesn't help.

I have to laugh at the thread title, Allardyce looked very harshly treated the day after like didn't he?

Bruised ego and a few more grey hairs will be the sum parts of this escapade of his, oh, and a massive increase in his bank balance an' all.