Mark Hughes

James

There is no chance Hughes would reject it if offered, he's clearly frustrated by a lack of funds at Blackburn.

I'd almost rather Shearer, so much of professional sport is about confidence and he would instill more in a Newcastle squad.

Like he used to do with our wingers who didn't pass to him?

It was their job, to be fair. He often did his part.

Did he ever 'thank' anyone after scoring (in celebration), or give one of the aforementioned wingers a gee-up? Just remember him shouting like fuck at them tbh.

There is no chance Hughes would reject it if offered, he's clearly frustrated by a lack of funds at Blackburn.

I'd almost rather Shearer, so much of professional sport is about confidence and he would instill more in a Newcastle squad.

Did he ever 'thank' anyone after scoring (in celebration), or give one of the aforementioned wingers a gee-up? Just remember him shouting like fuck at them tbh.

Worked for the likes of Domi, Robert, Bernard, Nobby didn't it like.

Did he ever 'thank' anyone after scoring (in celebration), or give one of the aforementioned wingers a gee-up? Just remember him shouting like f*** at them tbh.

So you're seriously suggesting Shearer (as captain), didn't 'gee up' our team?

I think otherwise.

Did he ever 'thank' anyone after scoring (in celebration), or give one of the aforementioned wingers a gee-up? Just remember him shouting like f*** at them tbh.

So you're seriously suggesting Shearer (as captain), didn't 'gee up' our team?

I think otherwise.

I was merely questioning the evidence of the comment in bold.

As I've said before, a Blackburn fan I work with reckons Hughes is earmarked for the Man U job but what the timescale on that is debatable.  I'd expect Taggart to do at least 2 or 3 years more and maybe then Queroz would have a go.

That makes this possibility similar to the Mackems in that they don't seem to mind Keane being talked of for the Man U job as that would mean he'd done well for them.

I'd be reasonably happy with Hughes - not ecstatic but it could be a lot worse.

Part of me do does recognise what Wullie says about Keegan/Shearer and I agree it would generate excitement but I still have a nagging "it won't work" feeling.

Shearer did have an influence on the team but that doesn't have to come vocally, his sheer presence on the pitch and how he played on the pitch would have influenced the players around him, obviously been a manager you can't give that presence or example.

There's a long, long list of managers i would rather we turn to before Shearer, but when we're talking about someone like Hughes - who is still relatively inexperienced and unproven (especially with money) himself - i think hiring Shearer would be preferable purely because he would have the fans and dressing room united behind him, that's something we have not had for a long time.

Ed: I meant he would instill more confidence in a Newcastle squad, is that how you read it?

That's exactly the same as you wrote it the first time.

Oh yeah, i just reread the part you bolded. :-[

Guest Redcar Mag

My Blackburn loving workmate said this would happen. I still hope it doesn't, because nothing we've ever taken on from Blackburn has ever worked out well for us, tbh.

Are you including Shearer in that?

My Blackburn loving workmate said this would happen. I still hope it doesn't, because nothing we've ever taken on from Blackburn has ever worked out well for us, tbh.

Are you including Shearer in that?

Glad you're still awake. :D

And, erm...of course not.  ;D