The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The majority of Pompey fans are distraught at losing Redknapp, but on the other hand he is experienced enough to know that he will have to win over some Newcastle supporters.

And sources close to him told me today that he will do that by winning football matches.

:lol: Thanks for the hot tip, Alan.

:lol: Fantastic.

5million a year reports were either media bullocks or a scam to try attract foreign boss throwing themselves to the job.

I mean who the f*** doesn't want a job with 5 million f****** pounds a year? :lol:

FYI thats more than double what Sven reportedly earns here.

Exactly, and how much is Capello paid to be the England manager?

Guest geordie01

setanta correspondent - "who do you want to be the next ewcastle manager?"

fan  -  "gotta be keegan"

S.C. - "why?"

fan - "time is right for him, he's a geordie isnt he."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:blush:

where do they pick these people from?

setanta correspondent - "who do you want to be the next ewcastle manager?"

fan  -  "gotta be keegan"

S.C. - "why?"

fan - "time is right for him, he's a geordie isnt he."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:blush:

where do they pick these people from?

I think this is the problem with Newcastle. Because everyone, more or less, is a supporter everyone has an opinion even if it's a load of shit. Like I said the other day, my mam was trying to talk to me with with some authority on the subject. She hasn't watched a game of football in her life!

From the ChronicleLive: "The majority of Pompey fans are distraught at losing Redknapp, but on the other hand he is experienced enough to know that he will have to win over some Newcastle supporters.

And sources close to him told me today that he will do that by winning football matches"

So AO is now try to claim an exclusive by having found out that a football manager is going to try to win some football matches!!!

Guest neesy111

WE ARE s*** WHAT STUPID f****** WORLD CLASS MANAGER WOULD COME HERE!

Sorry for shouting but its never going to happen!

money talks, for any human

Guest Anders Rye

I don't think Redknapp will be bad. But what I think makes us mad is that Both City and Spurs have world class managers.

Not really. These managers are comfortable, experienced and I doubt they need the money. Why would they risk their career?

Dont know think the likes of Mourinho,Wenger etc have enough millions to be able to pick a job they will enjoy

Do you think Mourinho would go to QPR?

Guest thecadfella

Just can't see why Redknapp would leave Pompey to join us to be sacked in May for "failing".

And I can't see him coming for a payday either.

Just don't make sense (although we are Newcastle though :kasper:)

Ahhh, Now I get it.

Souness...Roeder...Allardyce...... and now Redknapp!

So, exactly when are we supposed to get optimistic?  For all three of Souness, Roeder and Allardyce we got behind them as supporters, we said to support the club, to be faithful we all have to get behind the new manager and give them a chance.  In all 3 cases we knew they would likely be shite but that we should give them a chance to prove us wrong.  Well, not again. I am totally convinced Redknapp will be shite, I am not prepared to give him time, to let him get settled.  Why fool ourselves again, our collective ears are already overloaded with shite for having our heads up our arses for so long!

We should support our club, do what we know is right and voice our opinions loud and clear from day one that this is not good enough.  Why set ourselves up to be having this exact same conversation again in 6-12 months time?  Why not -demand- the type of management capability we know we need to achieve anything?  We know that a mediocre manager will make good players bad, but we also know that a good manager will make mediocre players good.

We know what we need, we need a high quality manager with demonstrated experience at the top flights of football, someone proven to maintain top 3 positions in one or more of the major European competitions.  So lets demand that, lets not sit idly by and watch our club slip further in to oblivion, lets get the message across that mid-table managers are not acceptable at our club, lets get United, lets stand up and tell the owner to find quality or fuck off!

Your club needs you to stand up, to voice an opinion and to not meekly sit on the sidelines and hope.  If you accept mediocrity you will receive mediocrity!  Have some ambition, aim for a higher outcome and demand the management to get us there!

Guest thecadfella

Redknapp doesn't need the money. He's living a nice quiet, semi-retired existence on the south coast. I'd be surprised at his ambition if he came, tbh, as it's a headache he doesn't need.

Absolutely spot on, why the f**k would he come here for a headache.

The mind boggles

It just doesnt make sense. Sacking Allardyce and bringing in Redknapp is replacing like for like. They're both dodgy dealers, who

have done reasonably well at smaller clubs. Spurs go for Ramos, Man City for Sven, Villa for O'Neill, all internationally proven

managers who have won titles . And we go for Harry. Madness absolute madness.