The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Nobody from Newcastle has contacted me and in any case, that wouldn't be allowed. Nobody has contacted Peter Storrie."

please be true :frantic:

He's a mediocre manager, English, old, will retire in a few years, accused of being corrupt. It's an appointment that says the owner has no ambition and no will to look beyond the usual managerial merry-go-round of dire mediocrity.

Get that out of your system now, we're not allowed to say it any more if he's announced.  We have to fix a smile and say he needs time through gritted teeth.

"Nobody from Newcastle has contacted me and in any case, that wouldn't be allowed. Nobody has contacted Peter Storrie."

please be true :frantic:

Don't believe a word he says.

Remember listening to Hawksbee and Jacobs a few years back, Tony Gale was on the studio. They asked him what they thought of Billy Bonds, and he was all "What a man....what a man....", like he'd throw his kids in front of a bus to save him. Then they asked him what they thought of Redknapp and he said - and i quote - "If he was a (red) Indian, his name would be "Speaks-with-forked-tongue". One of the most biting things I can remember from usually inane football media.

He's a mediocre manager, English, old, will retire in a few years, accused of being corrupt. It's an appointment that says the owner has no ambition and no will to look beyond the usual managerial merry-go-round of dire mediocrity.

Get that out of your system now, we're not allowed to say it any more if he's announced.  We have to fix a smile and say he needs time through gritted teeth.

Or go through this exact same process again? Where we appoint another manager that underwhelms?

Dont you see the folly of this yet, now that the reality of your wishes from last week are staring you in the face this week?

I often think you're the most intelligent poster on this forum bluestar but you seem to be failing to spot the obvious here.

if we were to settle with average, i would much rather see us with keegan and shearer.

The same Shearer whos never managed before and Keegan who claims not to have watched a match since leaving man city? Lets Get Les Ferdinand, Rob Lee and John Beresford in on the act too!!

I think he's imlpying they are average mate.

So are we, and to add that to our recored of outing managers withing a year, no top class name will come here.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but does anyone have any idea who the big club are that Redknapp turned down recently ???

spurs

They never offered him it. Man Citeh.

I got the impression it was Man City too.

Or go through this exact same process again? Where we appoint another manager that underwhelms?

Dont you see the folly of this yet, now that the reality of your wishes from last week are staring you in the face this week?

I often think you're the most intelligent poster on this forum bluestar but you seem to be failing to spot the obvious here.

My wishes last week were that we should be looking to improve on Sam but only if we could replace him with someone better and if not it would make us an utter joke, as has transipred.  I'd love to be proved wrong and think that we're not going to have to pay him £15m after a year to save ourselves from utter disaster.

Guest ObaStar

I really don't think its 'Arry. I just saw mort and he said we're getting Jose in.

:parky: we can all dream

My wishes last week were that we should be looking to improve on Sam but only if we could replace him with someone better and if not it would make us an utter joke, as has transipred.  I'd love to be proved wrong and think that we're not going to have to pay him £15m after a year to save ourselves from utter disaster.

Well, i thought the problem was the style of football? Same results but better style = better manager?

Guest neesy111

better style of football will get better results

allardyce got sacked because he didn't win enough games simple as that

The problem wasn't "winning ugly" or the "style".  The problem was basic, avoidable, repeated errors and no sign at all of anything resembling progress coupled with comparible results.

Don't think I'm knee jerking here because I wanted someone stupidly unobtainable like Jose by the way.  I'd have prefered Jol, O'Neill, Keegan, Shearer, even sticking with Sam rather than this farce.  Phrasing it as "Be careful what you wish for" is a fallacy - if when we'd got rid of Souness we'd replaced him with Howard Wilkinson would that have fallen squarely on the shoulders of those who'd been vocal about Graemes failings over the previous months?