The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Guinness

Apparently they're now still waiting to confirm whether or not the conference will go ahead, talk about being all over the place.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but does anyone have any idea who the big club are that Redknapp turned down recently ???

spurs

That's who I assumed.

Shocks me that a southerner would turn down Tottenham to come here a few months later.

Not really redknapp likes complete control of eveything and it wouldn't be like that at spurs.  Commoli runs the show.

What's the problem? Did you really think it would be José??

Good manager, plays good football, big chance at a big club.

f****** pessimistic bastards!!

Agreed  :clap:

Who did the fans want Mourinho, Shearer, Lippi, Hitzfeld. These managers just never going to come.

Lets give him a chance football cant get any worse and he has took Portsmouth from relegation to a decent side.

Still not convinced he is the right man to move us forward.

However, there are some positives to take out of such an appointment. Redknapp is a player's manager. He will know more about our players from his top seat at Portsmouth than many other opposing managers. He won't need too long to figure out who he'll want to keep, and who he'll want rid of.

Could possibly breathe new life into Emre's toon career, which could only be a good thing as far as creativity is concerned. If he can get him playing like Krancjar, it could be a great thing.

Looks sadly like it is redknapp.

Notice they claimed we were in support of his appointment then panned to newcastle fans outside st james who just said "i supported allardyce and i wasn't happy with his appointment".

SSN have gone down in my estimation. This is one of the worst appointments i've ever witnessed.

I'm not particularly inspired by Harry but i'm not depressed either.  A bit like another Sam, but then I think Sam was a good appointment that we were right to expect to work.  For the love of god, please support him when/if he's here.  He doesn't have a hope in hell, like Souness if it starts out negative.

if we were to settle with average, i would much rather see us with keegan and shearer.

The same Shearer whos never managed before and Keegan who claims not to have watched a match since leaving man city? Lets Get Les Ferdinand, Rob Lee and John Beresford in on the act too!!

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/01/11/manual_072858.html

Harry Redknapp today responded to reports that Newcastle are poised to make a formal approach to Portsmouth in a bid to make him their new manager by insisting there has been no contact from Tyneside.

Redknapp is thought to be the number one target for Newcastle owner Mike Ashley following the departure of Sam Allardyce.

But Redknapp, who signed an improved three-and-a-half-year deal with Portsmouth in October, stressed this morning that there had been no approach to Pompey from Newcastle and dismissed rumours of a secret deal between the clubs.

"To say a deal has already been done is absolute rubbish," he told The News in Portsmouth. "I couldn't say anything else because that's the situation.

"There has been no approach. All I'm doing is trying to get a couple of players in before the Sunderland game (Portsmouth visit the Stadium of Light on Sunday) but I haven't got anywhere with that.

"Nobody from Newcastle has contacted me and in any case, that wouldn't be allowed. Nobody has contacted Peter Storrie."

Redknapp also insisted that money would not be an over-riding factor in any decision over his future should Newcastle make an approach for his services.

"Money would not be an issue to me," he stressed. "I wouldn't go anywhere just for the money."

What's the problem? Did you really think it would be José??

Good manager, plays good football, big chance at a big club.

Fucking pessimistic bastards!!

He's a mediocre manager, English, old, will retire in a few years, accused of being corrupt. It's an appointment that says the owner has no ambition and no will to look beyond the usual managerial merry-go-round of dire mediocrity.

if we were to settle with average, i would much rather see us with keegan and shearer.

The same Shearer whos never managed before and Keegan who claims not to have watched a match since leaving man city? Lets Get Les Ferdinand, Rob Lee and John Beresford in on the act too!!

I think he's imlpying they are average mate.