The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObaStar

From SSN

Ashley to Everton chairman on Moyes being linked to Newcastle

"He said: 'Listen Bill even if David was the greatest manager in the world - and I know you think he is - there's no way on God's earth we would ever do that kind of thing to Everton'.

If not to everton then why to pompey

We've been stitched up. That's how I feek. Mugged off once again.

Calm down coach. Not confirmed yet.

Lets wait and see what happens.

It all seems to untidy right now. Portsmouth are being too aggressive, surely we would have sounded them out first before sacking Allardyce.

This might be a big fat smokescreen yet!

completely stunned. as htt says stinks of a shepard type appointment, hes done absolutely nothing in terms of league placements in the premiership.

however i remember sitting in my seat this season watching pompey pass the ball round us like we werent there, who knows lets give him a chance.

£2.5m  -  to pay Sam off

£3m  -  to pay Pompey off

£20m  -  for Redknapp himself

£30m  -  for Redknapp to spend

... and a jet

Harry might do alright but my eyebrows are gonna be in for a pounding if Chris Mort ever walks up Pickering market place.

From SSN

Ashley to Everton chairman on Moyes being linked to Newcastle

"He said: 'Listen Bill even if David was the greatest manager in the world - and I know you think he is - there's no way on God's earth we would ever do that kind of thing to Everton'.

If not to everton then why to pompey

Why should we feel aggrieved to fuck any rival club over?

£2.5m   -   to pay Sam off

£3m   -   to pay Pompey off

£20m   -   for Redknapp himself

£30m   -   for Redknapp to spend

And for believing everything the Sun prints........priceless  :laugh:

Good point Obastar.

This jet thing sounds ridiculous btw. A real admission of desperation. And it's not very carbon friendly.

That Sun article makes this all sound like it isn't true at all.

No why in God's name would Ashley have to pay him £5 million a year? That makes no sense at all. It's pretty obvious the jet thing wouldn't go down wellt he fans too, and will only make the job harder with all those ridiculous trips.

Sounds like a windup.

Where's SSR's AIDS line when you need it?

Guest ObaStar

the thing that worries me is that when the Sun do a feature article like this with all the numbers and stuff they are right a lot of the time. Think about in August when they printed the article about Ramos and they were spot on but there was the confusion with the board and it was delayed until november or watever

Guest ObaStar

I hope its a trick and all of a sudden Jose is seen walking out of SJP. Ashleys a canny businessman, I wouldn't put it past him.

Guest Ridzuan

I would feel unhappy because he is of similar quality to Big Sam.They both manage to transform an average team into a strong team in a matter for a very long time and they both have a liking for African players.Its like signing Big Sam all over again,only with different playing style and different attititude.I want to see a proven manager coming here and not a proving manager.

Where's SSR's AIDS line when you need it?

If you need counselling, ring the Samaritans  :razz:

Michael Owen:

"I've come across him once or twice on the horseracing front but obviously I've had more to do with his son, Jamie, over the years but Harry is a very good manager who has done fantastically well in lots of places but none more so than Portsmouth. He's really dragged the club up and they are a big force to be reckoned with now.

"He probably hasn' t had massive backing at any of the clubs he's been at over the years so he' s had to do that but I'm sure that if you gave him a lot of money to spend then I am sure he would spend it wisely as well."

Michael Owen:

"I've come across him once or twice on the horseracing front but obviously I've had more to do with his son, Jamie, over the years but Harry is a very good manager who has done fantastically well in lots of places but none more so than Portsmouth. He's really dragged the club up and they are a big force to be reckoned with now.

"He probably hasn' t had massive backing at any of the clubs he's been at over the years so he' s had to do that but I'm sure that if you gave him a lot of money to spend then I am sure he would spend it wisely as well."

The horse racing mafia have taken over the club with private jets and helicopters in tow incase they have to play the odd game.