If it's Redknapp?

Dokko

One of back pages on Redknapp

"Private jet"

"You can go for Chimbonda"

"3m compensation"

Chimbonda, eh?  Woo-fucking-hoo.  Street party.

Yeah FFS, whats wrong with Beye?

Chimbonda Beye Faye Enrique

Excellent back 4.

Needs more right backs, surely.

Eh?  One right back and one RB/CB.  Beye was excellent at CB.

Of course, a creative midfielder should be the priority, though.

"Private jet"

"3m compensation"

Excellent back 4.

:lol:

Guest DazzaNufc1892

well well boys, your seemingly already trying to drive another manager out before they have evenbeen appointed, if you lot manage this then you are fuking geniuses. Why the hell can we not all sit back for a change, see what he does, and give him a fuking chance. Do you not remember bobs first seasons? the fact is that harry has built a top 6 premier league team now from the ground up, He had west ham finishing op half. He has taken on some very big egos in his time and tamed them all. He now has regular internationals in his team and is motivating them to a new level, hes re-invented the careers of player slike Campbell and James. He may not be a lippi or a houllier, but ask yourself this, why the fuck would they have even come here? we are a lower table team (last few years show this), we have a weak squad, awful fan base for backing the team and manager (at the moment), we have a few big egos that are luxery buys that clearly see themselves amongst lesser quality and act like it. A top man would have to come in, sort out the egos, or sell them, he would then have to get the best out of the players he has, ina country he has never, ever managed. Least this way we are giving it to a man with a proven record in the transfer market, a man whos tactical knowledge has been said by sir alex and jose to be up their with the best. Just because hes 61 and has a cockney accent instead of an italian doesnt mean he wontbe able to do the job. This board has pissed me off for a while now, its almost as bad as when shepherd used to come out running his mouth, and everybody whinged, then whinged when chris mort didnt do that

What a disappointment. Aaaargh, I can't over this. Just the thought of Harry Redknapp being the f****** manager is depressing.

And what's this nonsense about him playing attacking football? If you're talking about this season, are you talking about the attacking football that has seen them NOT score at home in 6 games? Or the attacking football that saw them score as many goals as Bolton did last season?

This is f****** gay. (if it happens)

Does contradicting yourself count if it's brackets?  :lol:

CHILL OUT EREBODIES!!!  I can't believe people aren't used to this sort of behaviour having supported the Toon all these years.

I love the way people include Enrique in their back four, even though they haven't seen many games with him in.

I have been a Newcastle supporter for as long as I can remember, and I can honestly say that if they hire Rednapp, I'm going to have to stop watching football. There's no way I can put up with it anymore. I was fully against Souness, then even more against Reoder and I was happy to see big Sam here, getting Rednapp just isn't an improvement.

God these constant rumors are doing my head in, I really hope there's no truth in them.

"Private jet"

"3m compensation"

Excellent back 4.

:lol:

Am I missing something? :(

I love the way people include Enrique in their back four, even though they haven't seen many games with him in.

I have been a Newcastle supporter for as long as I can remember, and I can honestly say that if they hire Rednapp, I'm going to have to stop watching football. There's no way I can put up with it anymore. I was fully against Souness, then even more against Reoder and I was happy to see big Sam here, getting Rednapp just isn't an improvement.

God these constant rumors are doing my head in, I really hope there's no truth in them.

Fans forced Sam out sadly, they fall into the media hands again and Sam couldn't last much longer in all honestly.

I don't think realistically many managers who would want to take the job, we don't even know if Harry does

Comfortable with him giving time to a ho-hum manager that was the best that Shepherd could manage. Not happy with him appointing one himself.

No worse than Allardyce, but it hurts that he's no better. Thought things would change. False dawn yet again.

Fans forced Sam out sadly, they fall into the media hands again and Sam couldn't last much longer in all honestly.

I don't think realistically many managers who would want to take the job, we don't even know if Harry does

Load of tripe, sorry. Results and performances hung him.

What a disgrace. He's only getting the job because he's friends with the owner of the club ffs.

Probably. The fact that he supposedly plays exciting attacking football is merely appropriate.

I feel sorry for the fans who'll actually have to watch us at St. James'.

At least I only go to away games so there's a chance I'm gonna see us score.

I don't believe he should have been judged on 6 months work, after a complete club overhaul. The level of players he brought in for the money he was given was fantastic. Viduka was great at the time, we were all pleased about getting Geremi, Faye and Beye have been great, Enrique is being eased into the squad.... fair enough on Barton and Smith, bad choices ... saying that, I was pleased Barton was here at the time, I remember him being pretty good at City, shame he can't control himself.

Ultimately the results and performances drove him out, I just think it's a shame he was put under such extreme pressure so quickly, even the likes of Fergie and Sven were coming out and saying he should be backed and not sacked.

The only way I will be able to accept this decision is if they already have a better manager to replace him; I don't consider Rednapp, Mclaren, Shearer, Jol,  Hughes, Strachen or pretty much any other British manager to be better than him (My opinion of Allardyce is the same now as it was when he left Bolton, which is, he done wonders with a club with no money, he was strongly considered for the England job, the past 6 month haven't changed my opinion of him).

God this post is getting too long (not HTT length though!) and I still feel I haven't clearly expressed my feelings on this; basically, I just think we are stupid and we will never win anything if one of the previously mentioned managers is appointed.

*edit* Just noticed I have to change my signature. :p

I don't believe he should have been judged on 6 months work, after a complete club overhaul. The level of players he brought in for the money he was given was fantastic. Viduka was great at the time, we were all pleased about getting Geremi, Faye and Beye have been great, Enrique is being eased into the squad.... fair enough on Barton and Smith, bad choices ... saying that, I was pleased Barton was here at the time, I remember him being pretty good at City, shame he can't control himself.

Ultimately the results and performances drove him out, I just think it's a shame he was put under such extreme pressure so quickly, even the likes of Fergie and Sven were coming out and saying he should be backed and not sacked.

The only way I will be able to accept this decision is if they already have a better manager to replace him; I don't consider Rednapp, Mclaren, Shearer, Hughes, Strachen or pretty much any other British manager to be better than him (My opinion of Allardyce is the same now as it was when he left Bolton, which is, he done wonders with a club with no money, he was strongly considered for the England job, the past 6 month haven't changed my opinion of him).

God this post is getting too long (not HTT length though!) and I still feel I haven't clearly expressed my feelings on this; basically, I just think we are stupid and we will never win anything if one of the previously mentioned managers is appointed.

*edit* Just noticed I have to change my signature. :p

so really he got the boot for the same reason practically ever other manager gets fired for

Why didn't we try for anyone else?

I would have been more open to him if we had tried for Lippi, Mourinho, Houllier etc.

Even Birmingham tried for Lippi ffs! I don't care how ridiculous and laughable that was, at least they fucking tried. It's a shame that our FIRST choice is another Allardyce. What a letdown.

To his credit Redknapp has 'wheeled & dealed', in the transfer market that is, under the watchful gaze of some pretty tight spending boards through his managerial career and achieved modest success.

If the likes of Lippi & Mourinho and others mentioned don't even appear on Ashley's radar and they'll be expensive to acquire in their own right - while they go all out for a manager who is adept at managing a squad, in terms of numbers, on a next to nothing transfer budget - it's a possible indicator that they're not prepared to stump up the necessary cash needed to break in into the league's upper echelon, top 6 and higher that is.

A Redknapp appointment = serious question marks have to be raised already concerning Mort/Ashleys running of the club, and this concerns both points raised above. Achieving success at a  professional football club is different than the 'hawkeye handling' of a finance spreadsheet seen at a business level where it's all about keeping overheads at a bare minimum in order to appease shareholders, and it does appear that the club is being run on a 'small/big business' spreadsheet philosophy ie. for example the Barton transfer deal was put on hold until Parker's move to West Ham was sealed, and Dyer's departure heralded our late arrivals in the Summer window. This is the problem as i see it, Mort and Ashley know of no other way - every pound has to be made accountable. 

If Redknapp is the appex of their - ie. Mort & Ashley - managerial targets i'd be happy if Ashley was to sell up & piss off sooner rather than later tbh.

@sicsfingeredmong

yep.

For me its not so much that we've appointed Redknapp, its that all this talk about building a quality organization was just talk. Disillusioned  and disappointed with Ashley. Redknapp is just a step sideways, mort & ashley are a big let down.

What gets me is people defending this, using Sir Bobby as a reason about the age and everything else. Bobby Robson was already a proven World Class manager before taking up our job, compare that to Redknapp's CV, it's quite laughable really.