I would rather have Shearer than Redknapp

Delima

I don't like Redknapp, I think he is waay overrated (by the people who rate him!).

Search Youtube "Stand Up If You Love Shearer"

Well if Ashley and Mort sacked Allardyce because they "listened" to the "Allardyce Out"-er, I hope if there are enough people who prefer Shearer over Redknapp to make the board realise that there are significant number of Newcastle United supporters who are against the appointment of Redknapp.

Redknapp in Bournemouth - Nothing extraordinary

Redknapp in West Ham - Good but nothing special

Redknapp in Portsmouth - So so

Redknapp in Southampton- Unable to save a them from relegation

Redknapp in Portsmouth- Nothing extraordinary, considering the money he has spent.

Why Redknapp?

I prefer Shearer, at least he is an unproven person who still has massive potential, whereas Redknapp is a proven manager with proven limited potential.

Give us our hero back.

Shearer! Shearer! Shearer!

I don't particularly want Shearer, but I'm starting to think that with so much rumours for so long, it won't be Redknapp after all. Chris Mort isn't one to blabber to the press all the time, and even Fat Fred managed to 'pleasantly surprise us' with Souness. It's only a rumour, and the journalists are just writing what the other papers already said.

I don't like Redknapp, I think he is waay overrated (by the people who rate him!).

Well if Ashley and Mort sacked Allardyce because they "listened" to the "Allardyce Out"-er, I hope if there are enough people who prefer Shearer over Redknapp to make the board realise that there are significant number of Newcastle United supporters who are against the appointment of Redknapp.

Redknapp in Portsmouth- Nothing extraordinary, considering the money he has spent.

Why Redknapp?

I prefer Shearer, at least he is an unproven person who still has massive potential, whereas Redknapp is a proven manager with proven limited potential.

Give us our hero back.

bournemouth - not sure my grandparents were even born then

spam - the fact they went down 1st full season without him shows the job he did (same as coleman)

pompey 1 - astonishing acheivemnt as they nearly went down the season before and were favourites for the drop again

southampton - took them from knowhere to being within a shout on the last day

pompey 2 - saved them from certin relegation and then transformed them into a top half team, amount spent similar to the clubs around them.

'massive potential' listen to his comments on match of the day, he is a bit of a numpty.  All he ever seems to say is wingers need to "get some chalk on his boots" like its a catch all solution.

I can think of plenty of people I'd rather have than Redknapp.  Has he got any experience of managing in European comp's?  I remember most of his time with clubs being either relegation or promotion battles.  Will the leaders at NUFC ever learn?

Guest SeattleToon

I'd rather have my dead German grandfather than Redknapp!

When will Newcastle figure out what the big four have already figured out....that English managers suck and have fallen way behind their continental counterparts in terms of quality. We will never get back into the Champion's League with an English manager!

Shearer has just gone from 20-1 on betfair to 4-1... Whichever of you guys are listening to talksport and are a few minutes ahead on what is happening could seriously make hundreds of pounds on betfair- this happened 5 mins after that news came out!

Why Redknapp?

Give us our hero back.

bluelaugh.gif