Redknapp rejects Newcastle or Newcastle reject Redknapp?

Dokko

Guest elbee909

HAs NUFC madde an offcial statement saying we approached Harry, or was harry just rejecting the media specualtion and clearing the air that he wasn't going to leave pompy?

The media can really twist things you know.

We've said nothing, but Harry himself claims we approached him yesterday, he met Mort and after sleeping on the offer has decided to turn it down.

Football negotiation rule number 1:

Never let anyone sleep on it.

It's true.  He'll have woken up and thought "this is nice and toasty, can I really be arsed going to the loo, let alone moving up north?  I'll stay here.  Have a nice cup of tea."

Guest Ridzuan

HAs NUFC madde an offcial statement saying we approached Harry, or was harry just rejecting the media specualtion and clearing the air that he wasn't going to leave pompy?

The media can really twist things you know.

We've said nothing, but Harry himself claims we approached him yesterday, he met Mort and after sleeping on the offer has decided to turn it down.

Football negotiation rule number 1:

Never let anyone sleep on it.

It's true.  He'll have woken up and thought "this is nice and toasty, can I really be arsed going to the loo, let alone moving up north?  I'll stay here.  Have a nice cup of tea."

I heard Harry had a talk with his dogs the night earlier and his dogs apparently doesnt like the idea of moving up  to the north.

Guest elbee909

I didn't want 'Arry, but unfortunately I very much doubt Ashley's list went

Redknapp

Mourinho

Hitzfeld

Hiddink

More likely

Redknapp

Toothpaste

Ready meals

Milk

I'm all ready to get behind Mr. Colgate, or Aquafresh should they accept.  Maclean's is too close to McClaren for comfort though.

Guest Ridzuan

What a f****** joke man. We are a complete embarassment to ourselves, where the f*** do we go from here?

Go and talk to Jose.

Guest andynufc84

What a f****** joke man. We are a complete embarassment to ourselves, where the f*** do we go from here?

Why are we an embarassment? Because a manager turned us down your embarassed?

I think he means the situation as a whole

Guest sicko2ndbest

Agree, every fan in the country must be absolutely wetting themselves that an average manager has turned us down

Honestly thoughtwe had a done deal when Sam was sackes

Wreaks of incompetance, wreaks of Shephard

It's the fact they could have found out that Harry would not come before firing Allardyce that's embarrassing

Ashley and Mort have failed the first real test.

...just a bit.

To sack Sam at such a ridiculous time without, now we find, anybody at all lined up is scarily reminiscent of Shepherd's decision to sack Bobby.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

What a fucking joke man. We are a complete embarassment to ourselves, where the fuck do we go from here?

We sack our manager, appoint Graeme Souness who fights with all and sundry. We sack him, stick Roeder in charge, fight for him to be able to manage the club against the wishes of the FA, then sack him. We appoint an experienced, proven manager, and hound him out from day one, sack him, then have no replacement lined up. Then we get turned down by a bog standard manager. You don't find any of this embarassing? Have you no shame?

Guest Guinness

Can't help but get the same feeling as when we appointed Souness, we approached about four managers before him. I can only hope we don't end up in a situation like that again when in all probability we'd have been better sticking with what we had.

It is almost certain that whoever it is will be rubbish and not liked by the fans

Rubbish, they wanted Redknapp for the job he's done as Portsmouth, he's actually done a good job.  They will look at other options, options which could be better in the end than what they were originally looking for.

Precisely Mick.  It may be a blessing in disguise...

Guest andynufc84

We sack our manager, appoint Graeme Souness who fights with all and sundry. We sack him, stick Roeder in charge, fight for him to be able to manage the club against the wishes of the FA, then sack him. We appoint an experienced, proven manager, and hound him out from day one, sack him, then have no replacement lined up. Then we get turned down by a bog standard manager. You don't find any of this embarassing? Have you no shame?

On top of that people want Keegan back