Redknapp rejects Newcastle or Newcastle reject Redknapp?

Dokko

What a f****** joke man. We are a complete embarassment to ourselves, where the f*** do we go from here?

Why are we an embarassment? Because a manager turned us down your embarassed?

We sack our manager, appoint Graeme Souness who fights with all and sundry. We sack him, stick Roeder in charge, fight for him to be able to manage the club against the wishes of the FA, then sack him. We appoint an experienced, proven manager, and hound him out from day one, sack him, then have no replacement lined up. Then we get turned down by a bog standard manager. You don't find any of this embarassing? Have you no shame?

Ashley and Mort have nothing to do with any of that...  As for hounding Allardyce out from day one, rubbish, he got support at first and spat it back in people's faces with his s*** Football and arrogant nature.  He deserved to be sacked.  Yes he shouldn't be sacked unless we have a replacement lined up, but obviously we did think so.  After all we couldn't actually approach Portsmouth and Redknapp until Allardyce was sacked or we'd then have a situation like that of Jol at Spurs, which you would then be pissing and moaning about as well, so its a no win for them really..  They've done things the right way and been honest about everything, its just unfortunate for them that it hasn't gone how they wanted it to with Redknapp turning the job down.

Ashley and Mort have failed the first real test.

...just a bit.

To sack Sam at such a ridiculous time without, now we find, anybody at all lined up is scarily reminiscent of Shepherd's decision to sack Bobby.

Yet what would have happened if they'd tried to find out for sure about Redknapp before sacking Allardyce?  We'd have a situation where we approached another manager with Allardyce still in charge, had that manager turn us down publically as Allardyce sits in the background still Newcastle United manager.  What would people say then "Its a shambles, they should have let Allardyce go if they wanted another manager, now he's been undermined and we have nowhere to go from here but to sack him".  How can they win with some people around here?

we can only hope that this going tits up has left ashley somewhat embarrased and that he'll go and break the bank for a proven manager to make up for it

That or appointing Shearer may be the only way he'll still be able to sit with the fans in his Smith top.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can we impose a ban on anyone who maentions Mclaren in relation to the NUFC job

Get a grip you muppets

If Ashley appoints him i will official pronounce him 'the wolly with the lolly'

Yes fantastic!  :celb: Now get your brains right Mort and Ashley and go and find a top and experienced manager,dont give us another donkey type or Ill be f**king mad.

Jesus Ridz your becoming a wild boy lately with all this swearing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get a grip you muppets

shearers right hand man apparently mackems.gif

...just a bit.

To sack Sam at such a ridiculous time without, now we find, anybody at all lined up is scarily reminiscent of Shepherd's decision to sack Bobby.

Yet what would have happened if they'd tried to find out for sure about Redknapp before sacking Allardyce?  We'd have a situation where we approached another manager with Allardyce still in charge, had that manager turn us down publically as Allardyce sits in the background still Newcastle United manager.  What would people say then "Its a shambles, they should have let Allardyce go if they wanted another manager, now he's been undermined and we have nowhere to go from here but to sack him".  How can they win with some people around here?

There's a way of doing things. Ashley's best friend is very well acquainted with Redknapp, i'm sure it wouldn't have been difficult to find out if he was interested without the press getting hold of it.

Get a grip you muppets

McGinger lost Ashley tens of millions of pounds this summer, i doubt he'd want to have him as manager.

Guest Guinness

Mclaren ticks all the boxes tbh

I say go for him at this stage

f*** off.

Just about the worst possible appointment I could imagine.

...just a bit.

There's a way of doing things. Ashley's best friend is very well acquainted with Redknapp, i'm sure it wouldn't have been difficult to find out if he was interested without the press getting hold of it.

Who says that wasn't done?  It took Redknapp time to finally decide to turn the offer down and Peter Storie says at one point he thought he'd decided to leave for Newcastle.  So clearly he was interested, but in the end decided against it.  No amount of checking up on what someone wants will ever make something 100% certain, especially when that person is otherwise very happy where he is.  Until they're actually asked full on to make a decision you can never tell.

Great news... couldnt care less how stupid we look IF we get someone decent in now.

Scary time, surely he cant go for McLaren, Ashley only ripped into him a month ago.

I still have infinately more hope this morning than last night now Harry has turned it down, great.

Now I don't mind Allardyce and Redknapp fixing up the odd bung here and there. Part of football and all.

But really I think they've taken it a bit far here with the ole 'tell Chris Mort Harry will quit Pompey, leak it to the press just to make sure then lay down easy odds on Betfair and watch the money come in' manoeuvre. Harry probably got himself a contract upgrade out of it too, the cheeky old bugger.

Great news... couldnt care less how stupid we look IF we get someone decent in now.

Scary time, surely he cant go for McLaren, Ashley only ripped into him a month ago.

I still have infinately more hope this morning than last night now Harry has turned it down, great.

Will you be saying the same if Hughes or Jol are appointed?

Guest bluegeordie

Agreed

No I will be gutted, thats why its a scary time, still they have given another window of hope that they might actually get it right, or at least a few footsteps closer than Rednapp.

If they push McLaren much more I would probably be relieved to see one of hughes and jol in, until its taken time to sink in :(

http://www.skysports.com/video/0,20285,12606_3041500,00.html

For anyone who hasn't seen it, that's a lengthy interview with Redknapp from earlier today.

Makes a lot of things clearer, he did meet with NUFC yesterday and was offered a contract and given a night to sleep on it, but he just couldn't bring himself to leave Pompey. He said the financial offer was "massive". He has also never spoken to Mike Ashley, Chris Mort took all of the negotiations.

Looks like most of the news reports about him, especially in the major papers, were spot-on with their descriptions of events.

just had a reporter on  5Live say that he's spoken to someone from Newcastle (didn't catch who he said it was) ahout Redknapp. The spokesman admitted that they spoke to Redknapp about the manager vacancy, but that they cooled their interest when Redknapp said that he wanted to remain in the south and fly in and out of Newcastle (presumably by this private jet that's been mentioned).

slightly different twist on things