Will we get dragged in to a Relegation Battle? *NO FIXTURE LISTS PLEASE*

hakka
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We couldn't have hit Man Utd at a more perfect time TBH. Normally they would be a wounded animal but i have a feeling this Man Utd side isn't quite as terrifying as when they had Van Nistelrooy etc (in the attitude sense).

I hope Fergi plays more Nanis and less Giggs'. However, i must say if Scholes plays he will inevitably score.

If we get 3 points in most of these games, relegation wont be on the topic:

This leaves us at: 28+19 = 47points. Well and Clear out of relegation.

Now THAT is optimism.

yeah, but those teams we should beat. And it could be a "must" that we also beat them, or atleast dont loose. I also think our squad will improve quite abit with the africans now back, and with perhaps some increase in form,(it cant be worse?), Many of them should even be walkovers.

The most important ones are:

?

We have four home games and these are teams also looking at the drop... If we beat 4 out of 5 we are safe!

When it's written out like that it looks a lot easier! The only factor against us is that those other teams are more used to the relegation battle and will def be up for a scrap. I can't say the same about us at the moment.

?

We have four home games and these are teams also looking at the drop... If we beat 4 out of 5 we are safe!

Blackburn stands out as the hardest one, and they won against us last year. But Reading, Fulham and Sunderland is must victories. Birmingham away isnt exactly impossible either.

This two week break has come at a good time for us. Keegan will have a proper chance to assess the players he has at his disposal. Faye, Geremi, Beye, Enrique and Martins will hopefully all show their worth and will be selected for the ManUre game.

Beye and Faye will stop us leaking all those goals, maybe Enrique aswell, Beye will offer attacking options aswell as he goes forward and does it well. Martins will be amazing for us im sure of it! He will go on a great run of form.

Have faith lads :D

This is the most infuriating thing about our position in the league. We've undoubtedly been a shitter team since the african lads went to Ghana, but most of our shit play has come as a result of poor team selections eg. playing Smith up front and Butt in midfield when Viduka, Ameobi and Emre have been available. Martins has either played on the wing or been sat on the bench. It makes me want to tear my fucking hair out!

This is the most infuriating thing about our position in the league. We've undoubtedly been a shitter team since the african lads went to Ghana, but most of our s*** play has come as a result of poor team selections eg. playing Smith up front and Butt in midfield when Viduka, Ameobi and Emre have been available. Martins has either played on the wing or been sat on the bench. It makes me want to tear my f****** hair out!

butt is supposed to sit in front of the defence,emre is supposed to unlock the oppos defence. unfortunatly emre wanders and butt is left trying too much (like when he first came)

If we get 3 points in most of these games, relegation wont be on the topic:

This leaves us at: 28+19 = 47points. Well and Clear out of relegation.

Very optimistic, its hard to expect us to beat anybody, and we certainly aint guarenteed 3pts from anyone. Theres nothing to really suggest we'll beat Blackburn, but Fulham and Reading are must wins. Brum away will be a very tough game, as will the scum at SJP.

The results vs Fulham and Reading will decide our season, unless we can pick up a suprise win somewhere else.

I'll eat my hat if we get 19pts from the remaining 12 games.

?

I hope we can beat 4 out of 5.  But I don't believe we can if we continue to play as bad as we have.  Blackburn will beat us, Birmingham will beat us, Fulham we will win, Reading we will win, Sunderland we will draw.  Just feel that is how it will go.  I'm praying that I'm proven wrong and that the lads get wins in all of these games, but I'm very worried.

?

I hope we can beat 4 out of 5.  But I don't believe we can if we continue to play as bad as we have.  Blackburn will beat us, Birmingham will beat us, Fulham we will win, Reading we will win, Sunderland we will draw.  Just feel that is how it will go.  I'm praying that I'm proven wrong and that the lads get wins in all of these games, but I'm very worried.

Got the exact same feeling - at best draw's with Blackburn and Brum, fully expect us to beat Fulham and Reading, and can see the scum match going either way. I would fancy 7pts from those games, and that would be enough for survival.

Just, for one moment, assume we went down.

How many of the players would stick with us, irrespective of wether we'd want them to or not, to bring us straight back up?

Emre, Owen, Martins, Zog, Duff. They'd bring us straight back up but would they stick? I doubt it.

Just, for one moment, assume we went down.

How many of the players would stick with us, irrespective of wether we'd want them to or not, to bring us straight back up?

Emre, Owen, Martins, Zog, Duff. They'd bring us straight back up but would they stick? I doubt it.

I bet half the squad has clauses which mean they can leave for lower prices if we are relegated.

Nobody would stay.  Owen, Emre, Martins, Zog, Duff... all want to be in teams with European football really.  They'd all be gone in a shot, so would Enrique, Cacapa, Taylor, Given, Harper, Barton, Butt etc... none of them would stay.  And given how gutless they play together I doubt they would take us back up even if they did stay.

That £100million would be needed for getting in players to win us the Championship rather than plotting a top 6 finish.

So angry at the team right now.  Capable of much more, but failing so badly.  I'm praying Keegan can get these lads playing the football they are capable of and at least looking like they can give any team a run for their money over 90 minutes.

Please don't list our remaining fixtures. For fuck's sake.

We're not allowed. We're not being arsey, we're just not allowed to do it. We can't even do it craftily.  :dave:

[move]STOP FUCKING DOING IT.[/move]

Please don't list our remaining fixtures. For f***'s sake.

We're not allowed. We're not being arsey, we're just not allowed to do it. We can't even do it craftily.  :dave:

[move]STOP f****** DOING IT.[/move]

prepared a post on sunday listing all the remaining games of those at the bottom. just as i was typing why i wasn't going to include derby i remembered.

JEEZ

if we arent allowed to talk about many of the remaining games, then what will newcastle fans talk about. No one is copy/pasting any fixtures, jsut saying what we will get, or could get, against whom. Nothing wrong in that unless stalin takes over england.

JEEZ

if we arent allowed to talk about many of the remaining games, then what will newcastle fans talk about. No one is copy/pasting any fixtures, jsut saying what we will get, or could get, against whom. Nothing wrong in that unless stalin takes over england.

Except they were. Which is why I had to edit them.

It's like a 'Do Not Press' button. For some reason, despite being expressly asked not to do something, they just fucking ignore it and post them anyway. Just don't do it - it's canny easy really...

:rolleyes:

JEEZ

Our edits say differently. I didn't dream dream deleting some fixtures out of a post before, I know that :lol:.

It's not us thinking "Muhaha. We'll piss everyone off by not letting them post fixtures". It's just against the law unless you have the proper licensing (Which we don't).

We can't get around it and neither can the posters (No matter how crafty we are).

It's just as simple as "Don't post fixtures. We don't make the rules, we just follow them."

JEEZ

Our edits say differently. I didn't dream dream deleting some fixtures out of a post before, I know that :lol:.

It's not us thinking "Muhaha. We'll piss everyone off by not letting them post fixtures". It's just against the law unless you have the proper licensing (Which we don't).

We can't get around it and neither can the posters (No matter how crafty we are).

It's just as simple as "Don't post fixtures. We don't make the rules, we just follow them."

Yeah, but how can they justify ppl talking about their teams reminding games? It's kinda like those free-speech thingys. no one is copy pasting fixtures, just talking about them, i dont see any illegal thing about that, nor does anyone else here. its just silly. But atleast its better with a forum to write on, so good work mods:)